Angelrose's Journey

Oh Mary! I’m so sorry to hear your update. I see that leaving your home will be so hard. But, you’re right, you have precious people who want you to be with them. And, oh! the memories you’ve made with them - and watching your grands grow up. Keep up the good fight! I’ll keep you in my prayers

Mary, so sorry to hear this new update. We are still in Disney. Hardly a moment to spare. I know how hard this will be for you. My mom had to do this also when she could not stay in her home alone anymore. It broke her heart too as we packed away, cleaned up. You will be with your loving family. One day at a time. Hang in there, must be done. Will keep you in my prayers.

Thank you minnie56. I sure do need those prayers. Chuck and Karen are trying so hard to make my room as cheerful as possible by taking some of my cabinets with my pretties to fit. It's just I have to leave so many things behind. I guess selling some should be the answer. Donate a lot more.

We had a lovely Mother's Day. I got there around 8:30 and Karen made this low carb cinnamon bun with strawberry jam on top. OMG it was so good. We had bacon and eggs for lunch and then Karen and I went out with Zoey to get me a twin bed. We went to Mattress Giant and I found the perfect mattress that is adjustable with the head and foot. Made my back feel soo good. Zoey enjoyed playing with all the remotes on the different beds. We got a wonderful deal that took almost $550 off the price. After that we stopped at Target and I got a set of sheets that I have been lusting after, but king size was much took expensive. But for a twin it was perfect. I also got a pink quilt and Karen insisted that I had to have a bed skirt. She also ordered me pink curtains. The room is a beautiful shade of blue, so I think the next set of sheets I get will be a blue print and I will probably get a blue summer blanket and a winter blanket. That will take care of my bedding.

It will be quite an adjustment but my family is being so supportive.

Thank you minniecarousel. It will be hard but I will love being with the family all the time.

Thank you AnnS. I appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

Thank you minnie56. I sure do need those prayers. Chuck and Karen are trying so hard to make my room as cheerful as possible by taking some of my cabinets with my pretties to fit. It's just I have to leave so many things behind. I guess selling some should be the answer. Donate a lot more.

We had a lovely Mother's Day. I got there around 8:30 and Karen made this low carb cinnamon bun with strawberry jam on top. OMG it was so good. We had bacon and eggs for lunch and then Karen and I went out with Zoey to get me a twin bed. We went to Mattress Giant and I found the perfect mattress that is adjustable with the head and foot. Made my back feel soo good. Zoey enjoyed playing with all the remotes on the different beds. We got a wonderful deal that took almost $550 off the price. After that we stopped at Target and I got a set of sheets that I have been lusting after, but king size was much took expensive. But for a twin it was perfect. I also got a pink quilt and Karen insisted that I had to have a bed skirt. She also ordered me pink curtains. The room is a beautiful shade of blue, so I think the next set of sheets I get will be a blue print and I will probably get a blue summer blanket and a winter blanket. That will take care of my bedding.

It will be quite an adjustment but my family is being so supportive.

I'm glad you enjoyed a lovely Mothers Day ..the cinnamon bun does indeed sound good!
What a lovely relationship you have with Karen and of course Chuck and knowing what I know about you, it's well deserved.
I know it's a big change , but also will be rather exciting in a way , new things and experiences , the family that adores you and you them around to share things with .. and care for you when you're feeling blue. A new beginning scary at first but it will feel where you belong in no time. I'm glad you're taking some of your treasures.
Hugs to you...

:hug: I’m glad you had a nice Mother’s Day! And cinnamon buns!! I’m glad that if you have to move, it’s to be with Chuck and Karen and of course, those terrific kids!! They will keep you entertained and you will be well taken care of. You are SO LUCKY to have such a wonderful family nearby.

Thank you Grumpy's Gal. Living with my grandkids will certainly never be dull. Living with Chuck and Karen means living with two comedians. They will both keep me laughing. Add lots more snuggles with Jesse and Zoey, who could want for more?

Hi Mary, I'm so sorry about the "setback", but i know you will win in the end! Thank God for your loving family, and I'm sure they are so happy to have you with them. Is there any chance you can put most of your things in storage? Maybe alternate a few things at a time in your room? Then you could take your time going thru everything? Can't wait to see your trip report! xoxo

Hi Angelrose,

I, along with your other Disfriends, have been following your journey since the beginning. May I ask why you will no longer be able to live alone? Will the new treatments be too debilitating?

(Feel free to not answer if you find this question too intrusive.)

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Angel rose I just recently found this thread ( yes I know I am always late to the party haha). I have enjoyed reading your recent trip report.

I am so sorry to hear about your recent set back. Hopefully all will better. They are making many advances in cancer. My husband has been a survivor for 14 years now so I know that cancer sucks!

Yes it will be hard moving but Chuck and Karen sound like wonderful people and you also have your darling grandkids. Look at all the wonderful times you will have with them. As another poster mentioned maybe you could put things in storage. That could be an option, although I don't pretend to know all the circumstances.

I am sending you good thoughts and pixie dust!! Take care.

Thank you snappyd. I'm going to do my darnedest to beat this thing.
About the storage. I know I won't be able to live alone anymore and it will be just easier to sell what I can and use the money to help with the expenses. My room is tiny but Chuck has figured a way to get a bit of my pretties in the room with my bed, and tv, end table and cabinet. The rest of the room is drawers for my clothes and a closet.

I am lucky that my family loves me and wants me to be there.

Hi debknight. Good to see you here. The other drug that I have to take is much more toxic than they Opdivo. I have to watched so that if I have a bad reaction, they can get me to the hospital. Chuck works from home quite a bit so I will never be alone.

Thank you DisneyMim. I appreciate your good thoughts. Chuck and Karen are angels believe me. They make sure that I am laughing all the time. My trip report will be delayed while I am packing and moving in. But I hope to get back to it by the end of the month.

Yes I did. My goodness so much love shown in their eyes. Brought a tear to mine. I thought she looked beautiful but I did think she could have picked a thinner fabric. It looked uncomfortable and didn't seem to fit her properly. But all that doesn't matter a bit. They were so happy and I so wish them a long and happy life together.

I am in the process of moving in and will probably stay there on Thursday night so that I can get ready for the doctors visit and my infusion. We have to leave around 6:30 on Friday.

I haven't done a thing on my trip report. I am so sorry about that. Hopefully next week will be a bit better when I'm all moved in and can start again.

Good luck with the moving in and the doctor's appointment. Get plenty of rest this weekend!

Don't worry about the trip report, we can make do with the "old" ones until you are ready to write the new one!

Just saw your update and am sorry to hear that things aren't as you'd hoped. You seem to be such a positive person, and I believe that will help you as you fight this cancer. So glad you have that wonderful family to live with now but sorry you have to leave your home. Prayers going up for all of you. Thank you for sharing your life with us.

You wouldn't believe how beautiful my room is. The bed is wonderful and I've got a new tv and they will bring over my dvd player this weekend. I will be very comfortable there. Tonight will be my first night. I have my laptop hooked up also. I still have tons of unpacking to do for just summer clothes and bath stuff. Methinks I am sort of high maintenance. LOL Karen told me I have 9 spaces for my shoes. Chuck told me one day I will have to hop! This is what I have to deal with. When Karen came home tonight I greeted her with, "Hi honey, I'm home". Lots of laughs already.

Tomorrow is my first time with the new infusion. I probably won't have any reaction the first couple of times but you never know. Karen and Chuck and I have talked about what they might be in for. They keep telling me that we will deal with anything that comes up. I am so lucky.

Thank you snappyd, minnie56, piget50, AnnaS. I am so grateful for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter