Animal Kingdom Villas Questions

Has anyone been having luck booking concierge reservations lately? I know people were having a lot of issues booking rooms around Christmas and March (spring break?).

We are booked in a 2bdrm concierge level over spring break (first week of March) for 6 nights. I booked it day by day @ 9am on the nose ;)

Thanks so much for all the great AKV info here. I got most of my questions answered. Just wondering what the booking is like for non-AKV owners at this point? I'm interested in a 1 bedroom for next May (prefer Value). Would I need to call day-by-day at the seventh month mark? Once Kadani village opens, will AKV be like SSR (ie, able to be booked easily), or is AKV not that big?

I would like to know opinions on Juliet25's questions also.:surfweb:

We had breakfast at Boma over Memorial Day weekend (first visit to AKL) and fell in love.

Thanks so much for all the great AKV info here. I got most of my questions answered. Just wondering what the booking is like for non-AKV owners at this point? I'm interested in a 1 bedroom for next May (prefer Value). Would I need to call day-by-day at the seventh month mark? Once Kadani village opens, will AKV be like SSR (ie, able to be booked easily), or is AKV not that big?

SSR is the largest DVC, I believe OKW is 2nd, and once Kidani opens AKV will be the thrid largest. As for next May - it is anybody's guess if Kidani is going to be open yet or not by then. If you know what you want, and when you want it, calling day by day is your best insurance!
I think there is going to be a lot of demand for AKV when Kidani opens, as everyone is excited about the newest DVC - after a year or so booking should get easier.

I'm not a AK owner and called last Friday for September (7 months away) and was offered the Grand Villa in kadani without a problem. Of course I called on the exact 7 month date so that might have helped. Good Luck

:confused:
Getting confused over the different room types at Jambo.

We've booked a 2 bed L/O SV for June @ Jambo & if I'm correct we will be on either the 5th or 6th floor ( as per DVC developer news ) with respect to DVC rooms on Phase 1 @ AKL.

Will this be value , regular or concierge ? as my confirmation letter doesn't say .

Please can someone help or shouls I call MS ?

Kev

We've booked a 2 bed L/O SV for June @ Jambo & if I'm correct we will be on either the 5th or 6th floor ( as per DVC developer news ) with respect to DVC rooms on Phase 1 @ AKL.

Will this be value , regular or concierge ? as my confirmation letter doesn't say .

Please can someone help or shouls I call MS ?

Kev

Sounds like you've booked a 2 bedroom Lock Out Savanna View. (there is no 'regular' category)

You cannot choose SV for values or conceirge rooms. You can make requests, but you get what you get on those.

Please can someone help or should I call MS ?

Kev
Ayup Kev!

There are four booking "levels" in Jambo House:

Value: costs fewer points because the rooms are smaller and the occupancy is lower. Can have a pool (or roof and partial pool), Sunset Savanna or parking lot view. Jambo House only. Occupancy is Studio:4, 1BR:4, 2BR:8.

Standard View: costs more points than Value because the rooms are larger and the occupancy is higher. In Jambo House the Std View rooms face the pool area though you may have quite a bit of the restaurant roof visible right below your room depending on your room location, in Kidani the view will be pool, garden or parking lot. Occupancy is Studio:4, 1BR:5, 2BR:9.

Savanna View: costs more points than Standard View because your room will face a savanna. Occupancy is Studio:4, 1BR:5, 2BR:9, GV: 12 (I think).

Concierge: costs more points than Savanna View because you get daily housekeeping, access to the Concierge Lounge (with snacks and beverages), and can have the Concierge staff book your ADRs, etc. View can be pool or Sunset Savanna. Jambo House only. Occupancy is Studio:4, 1BR:5, 2BR:9.

The DVC rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th floor (Value, Std View and Sav View and GV) and the 6th floor (Concierge).

If by "SV" you mean "Savanna View", your room will be on the 5th floor and will face one of three savannas (Sunset, Arusha or Uzima). If by "SV" you mean "Standard View" then your room will be on the 5th floor facing the pool area.

Here is a drawing of the Lodge building aka Jambo House that shows the location of the different booking levels. The location of the Value rooms is marked with a green line, the Standard View room locations are marked with a yellow line, the bright pink lines show the location of the Concierge rooms on the 6th floor, the orange blobs are GVs and everything else is Savanna View.

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Thanx Twinklebug

This is where I'm confused
----------------

The Jambo House has two types of villas Value and Regular. The value villas are smaller.
Villa Type Jambo House Value Jambo House Regular
Studio 316 sq.ft. 365 sq.ft.
One-BR 629 sq.ft. 710 sq.ft.
Two-BR 945 sq.ft. 1075 sq.ft.
Grand Villa N/A 2349 sq.ft.

The Jambo House room categories are: Value, Standard, Savanna and Concierge.
-----------------
:confused: Kev

Many thanx LisaS

We have a 2 bed lock off with "savanna view" so it'll be a studio + 1 br linked, we'll have to wait then n see where we get put.

Very helpfull. Thanx Kev

Thanks for all of the good info, guys.

We are staying at a three-bedroom at Jambo House in January, and I just wanted to clarify a couple of things:

-- The Grand Villas are located at the ends of the hallways on the fifth floor, and even though I read that some fifth-floor rooms are Concierge rooms, the Grand Villas are NOT eligible to use the Concierge services. Is that right?

-- I know that there are three bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other two with two queens each, but is there ONE pull-out couch or TWO pull-out couches? If there's more than one pull-out, are they located in the same room or separate rooms? We're trying to decide how many adults from different families we can bring and allow everyone to retain some semblance of privacy!

The grand Villas at Jambo are, as you said at the end of the wings on the 5th floor. All concierge rooms are on the 6th.

Looking at the floor plan it shows 1 pull oput couch and one sleeper chair.

Have fun in the huge GV! I hear they are beautiful.

Thanks for all of the good info, guys.

We are staying at a three-bedroom at Jambo House in January, and I just wanted to clarify a couple of things:

-- The Grand Villas are located at the ends of the hallways on the fifth floor, and even though I read that some fifth-floor rooms are Concierge rooms, the Grand Villas are NOT eligible to use the Concierge services. Is that right?

-- I know that there are three bedrooms, one with a king bed and the other two with two queens each, but is there ONE pull-out couch or TWO pull-out couches? If there's more than one pull-out, are they located in the same room or separate rooms? We're trying to decide how many adults from different families we can bring and allow everyone to retain some semblance of privacy!

The concierge villas are all located on the sixth floor. There are no GV included in Concierge villas.

According to the new Vacation Planner, there are two queen sized beds in each of the other two bedrooms, plus one queen sized sleeper sofa in the living room. These sleep twelve plus one under the age of three, so it appears there is no twin sized sleeper chair in the GV.

I am wondering...we have a SV 2 BR LO in Jambo this coming January. Does anyone know where they are located in the buidling? I requested Zebra trail near the pool elevator, but am now wondering how far away from the lobby we might end up.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I am wondering...we have a SV 2 BR LO in Jambo this coming January. Does anyone know where they are located in the buidling? I requested Zebra trail near the pool elevator, but am now wondering how far away from the lobby we might end up.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

They are just scattered all over the fifth floor.

OK- let me add another question! I'll try to switch our ressie to AKV on 10/22- at 7 mos out- to stay 5/22-5/30. I am wanting to book a 1 BR Value Villa. I am fine if we get a parking lot view, but would like to request a certain area if it helps my chances of a better view. We are fine with the smaller room size. It's 4 of us, but one is 7 and one will be almost 2, so not a big deal for us. What should I request to get me the best chance of a non-parking lot view? BTW, we are trying to stay longer than we would have points for in a different view, so that's partly why we are willing to take a PL view if we have to:)

OK- let me add another question! I'll try to switch our ressie to AKV on 10/22- at 7 mos out- to stay 5/22-5/30. I am wanting to book a 1 BR Value Villa. I am fine if we get a parking lot view, but would like to request a certain area if it helps my chances of a better view. We are fine with the smaller room size. It's 4 of us, but one is 7 and one will be almost 2, so not a big deal for us. What should I request to get me the best chance of a non-parking lot view? BTW, we are trying to stay longer than we would have points for in a different view, so that's partly why we are willing to take a PL view if we have to:)

Just request savanna or pool view and you might be able to get it. Otherwise, you'll just get parking lot view. Someone has to get it.

Hi Lisa,

Can you throw out a map of the Kidani village and where all the Standard Studio rooms are located?

Many thanks!
Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter