Annie & Ed's PJ WP/WHR/France 1/11/11- I'm Back and w/ a preview of Pro-Wedding Pics!

Everything looks so good! I can't wait to see how everything comes together, it's just going to be beautiful! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone!!:thumbsup2 I'm trying not to be a perfectionist and trying to just go with the flow but it's so hard, lol. I find myself obsessing over little things and I know I should just enjoy the planning because soon it's all going to be over. I finally have my final guest count which is a total of 24 guests and because we saved money we added a caricature artist duing the reception, i'm so excited, our guests will so enjoy it. We also went from a 3 tier cake to a 3 tier, hopefully it will still look good.

Anyways, I just received the custom shirts I had made, they look great...

my shirt
1209101044a.jpg

1209101044b.jpg

my hubby's shirt
12091010431.jpg

1209101044.jpg

1209101045.jpg

mms_picture5-1.jpg

mms_picture4-1.jpg

mms_picture3-1.jpg

1209101045a.jpg

1209101046.jpg

That's so good! I'm trying to stop myself from creating custom shirts for everyone. I've got one for DF and I, and a bunch for all the male guests, but they're not custom. The ones you've done though look so good!

I REALLY LOVE those custom made shirts!!:love: Where did you get them? I'm leaving for a cruise in a little over a month with a bunch of friends and family and we wanted custom shirts. But the ones that you can order on the disney site weren't what I was looking for.

17 days left until we leave for our Disney Wedding/Honeymoon!

Well, I received a call from my planner (Karen Heyn) this past weekend informing me that she will not be able to be my planner because she accepted a new position. My new planner is Lisa Smith, who honestly so far in this little time has impressed me more then Karen. Karen, I would email one day and I wouldn't here until the week after but so far Lisa has been on the ball responding to my emails the very next day. I think that Karen probably with the new position thing dropped the ball on a lot of things with us, in the beginning she was great but maybe got in over her head with wedding and maybe applying/interviewing for the new job role.

I also I received news that because of a very stupid mistake on my part we still had a minimum room block of 50 when I really just wanted 40 because I knew that 99% of our guests had already made reservations...we have a total of 36 nights booked. But due to a mistake on my part and Karen never getting back to me, the mistake was never caught and now we have 14 nights that are not booked. Now we `have to hope and pray that Disney books them up by our wedding date or we have to pay for those 14 nights!!!! We pleaded and pleaded with Karen but with no avail, I think if Disney really wanted to change it they could and I think if Karen went to bat for us this could be fixed. I'm still in shock and can't believe because of a simply typo we might have to dish out over $1000 for nights we won't be using. With all the money we are already spending on Disney, this should be something that Disney should easily correct for us, for crying out loud "It's Disney, they have enought money!" Sorry for the rant but I needed to get it off my chest...

In other news I ordered 8x10 pictures of my grandmother and father-in-law who have passed away to be displayed in vintage ivory frames at the reception. Also, I received my new custom wedding dress hanger, Disney shirts for the parks and my wedding day purse and I also ordered a "let them eat cake" custom sign for the cake table.

Here are some pics...

update2.jpg

update11.jpg

We got are rings cleaned and some nifty boxes for them...
update1.jpg

update3.jpg

"Let them eat cake" sign (mine will be a little different)
letthemeatcake.jpg

Disney Shirts (got them on sale at www.disneystore.com)
update4.jpg

update5.jpg

update6.jpg

My hubby's Disney shirts
update7.jpg

update9.jpg

Wow, you're 3 weeks out... That's nuts! :lmao:

I was about to say "The Hulk's not Disney!" But he is now isn't he? :rolleyes:

My hubby and I are doing the single digit dance today!!! 9 more days until we leave for our Disney Honeymoon/Wedding!!:thumbsup2

I just can not believe how fast everything is happening.:scared1: I still need to get my hair cut, start packing (which we will start tonight), whiten our teeth, etc. Have all my winter and summer clothes out, we definitely want to be prepared for anything and everything.

I'm loving my new planner, she has been on top of everything. She always gets back to my the same day or at the latest the next morning. I'm so so so glad that Karen (old planner) was offered a new position. :cool1:

Other then that, there's not much to update on...

In just a little while, you'll be able to say all at once "I'm getting married this year, this month and this week!"

Thanks!!! I'm definitely saying all that now, lol!:thumbsup2

Well, I just received an email from my wonderful new planner Lisa Smith asking if I wanted to upgrade my dessert party venue...

Currently we were at the Rude de Paris
RuedeParis.jpg

and now we are being upgraded to Terrace des Fleurs, yaaayyy!!!:banana: It's prime location at the France Pavilion, plus it on a lower terrace w/ much better views!!! We knew we couldn't get this one because its a minimum of 50 guests so it's a welcomed gift!!

http://www.disneymedialab.com/dvm/concepts/Terrace_des_Fleurs_Photos.pdf

Also, I headed to my local Dollar Tree and bought glow sticks for the dessert party and some coloring books for my nieces and nephews so they can color during the reception.

In other news, we recently bought a new camera, which is so far has been wonderful. The pics come out looking like a professional took it and we are so excited to be able to use it at Disney!!! I'm still packing and there seems no end in sight. i feel like it's a never ending process because we need to pay for both cold and warm and it's a pain in the butt.

More news to come, stay tuned...

Just checked :surfweb:the weather for our wedding day and it will be...

Partly Cloudy w/ low humidity
High 71
Low 48

Yayyyy!!!! :cool1:That just made my day, perfect weather on our perfect day(wow, did that sound corny)!!!

I've already started packing :lmao: I probably shouldn't have, because I'm not entirely sure what's in there now...

That's great about your DP! I've never heard of people being upgraded for those!

I'm hoping for perfect weather on our day too, well I think it's more in denial that it could be anything but! :rotfl:

Are my calculations wrong, or are you leaving tomorrow?? :scared1:

How exciting!! If you're too busy to get back here, I hope you have a fantastic time! We'll all be not so patiently waiting for your return. :dance3:

Are my calculations wrong, or are you leaving tomorrow?? :scared1:

How exciting!! If you're too busy to get back here, I hope you have a fantastic time! We'll all be not so patiently waiting for your return. :dance3:

We actually leave Friday at 5am but my family and I do not count the day we are in and the day we leave so it seems like it's even closer. ;)

I will try my best to post some phone pics and update as much as I can but if I get lazy, I'll see you all back on Jan. 19.

We are so excited and though some family drama happened this week:sad2:, I'm glad that everything was settled and that everyone will have a great week. :cool1:

I currently I'm taking one large, medium and small luggage plus 2 duffle bags. I'm sure I'm exaggerating but I need options just incase I want to change outfits lol. Tomorrow we are taking our dogs to their Pet Resort, I will be doing my nails and picking up my dads and hubby's tuxedo. We also bought white shoe polish so we can write on our cars "getting married at Disney!"

Friday morning we will be on the road with my parents at 5am, hopefully we'll arrive at the Grand Floridian :banana: at 8pm. Once we check-in we'll distribute the welcome boxes to our guests resorts and then drop off wedding stuff at Franck's. Hopefully we'll be done what that by 11am or before because at 12pm I have my final fitting at Carolynn. I'm really praying that everything goes to plan so we can just if the rest of the day before the wedding to relax. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter