Any accountants?

coinkc

<font color=red>You can find some hot dates at Six
My daughter is graduating next month with a degree in accounting. Her plan is to intern this summer and then return to school to get her master's degree and then sit for her CPA. I'm trying to come up with a graduation gift for her but accounting (okay anything with numbers!) is a foreign world to me! Is there anything you can recommend that she will need in her future career? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

As an accountant, there is nothing I can think of that screams "accountant gift". Unless you want to buy her a CPA prep course, those are pricey if the firm she works for doesn't pay for it.

I am a CPA, but it has been a long time since graduating. I am not sure I can thing of something specific that is numbers related. Are you looking for something that is more of a keepsake?

Otherwise, giving some money or taking her out for some work appropriate clothing or maybe a great leather tote for her to carry her laptop and such in would be an idea/

Does she have a job lined up? I know we just moved to a dress for your day dress code at my firm, so I have even been wearing jeans some, but a solid good quality wardrobe is nice.

I agree with a nice computer bag or leather portfolio for note taking. I have a nice small one I use everyday and refill when the book gets filled.

DS graduated with his Master's degree in accounting last year. He is now working with a firm that he interned with and is taking the different parts of the CPA now.

Our recent gifts to him have been a dual frame for his undergrad degree and Master's degree. The frame was sold at his college bookstore and has the seal of the school on the frame. Very nice to hang in his office/home.

He also needed nice work clothes-a couple of suits and nice dress pants, shirts and ties to wear to work. For Christmas he asked for appropriate business casual clothes for the office.

My daughter is graduating next month with a degree in accounting. Her plan is to intern this summer and then return to school to get her master's degree and then sit for her CPA. I'm trying to come up with a graduation gift for her but accounting (okay anything with numbers!) is a foreign world to me! Is there anything you can recommend that she will need in her future career? Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Brand new state of the art laptop

My DD went into consulting, but when she graduated we got her a leather computer bag (Tumi) and a new watch (she picked them both out). Now she has an Apple watch she wears instead.

The perfect graduation gift for an accountant:

A new pocket protecter.

Oh wait. She's female. Hmmmm.

A moon watch.

Congrats to your DD! For our DS, we paid for his test. :)

I am not sure that there is an accounting specific gift. I am an accountant, however not a CPA. I woudl think that if I was graguating with the intention of sitting for a CPA I woud llike the test paid for.

I also think that a good bag would be very helpful.

I have had my CPA license for right at a year now, and I bought myself Disney AP's for this year! :rotfl2: But really, anything I need at work, my work provides. If you wanted to get some office décor/supplies, I really love things like that. Some nice new work clothes would also be nice if she has never had to work in an office environment and wherever she works requires that. Overall though, I think any type of normal graduation/celebration gift would be fine!

I agree about work providing a good laptop and anything that is needed to do work. I mean if she wants or needs a personal laptop or something like that, that is something else. We give all our new hires nice leather portfolios for note taking too. I have accumulated many as gifts from the firm over the year.

Many firms are also moving towards or have moved to shared work space where there really is no room to hang diplomas, licenses, etc. I was never into that anyway, so I still have mine saved nicely at home. Again framing those to use at home is another idea if that is something your daughter might me into. Just saying it may not be used at work.

I agree with morgan. The firm I work for uses hoteling so no one really has their own desk/cubicle, or you are at a client site which is also usually not a place to hang degrees and certifications. Framing would be much better suited for a home office. No need for a high end computer either.

I think some professional clothes (dress for the day is great...if you work at your office, but I work at the client site so no dressing down for me :( ) or a really nice briefcase/bag. I love my bag!

Cash is good too. Can never go wrong with cold hard cash. Plus it is money and accountants deal with that. lol

My husband is an Accountant and he would like new golf clubs! :)

My accountant DH just returned from the golf course yesterday telling me how great his friend's clubs were. All a lead up, I'm sure to a new club purchase.

OP, my DD is graduating in May and we are helping her move to a new city and getting her some furniture. Not exactly sure what but possibly a kitchen table.

My dad was an accountant for the state. Outside of clothes, I can't think of anything he had to provide himself. When his work started going computerized, they provided the laptop. I don't even remember him carrying a briefcase.

I agree with morgan. The firm I work for uses hoteling so no one really has their own desk/cubicle, or you are at a client site which is also usually not a place to hang degrees and certifications. Framing would be much better suited for a home office. No need for a high end computer either.

I think some professional clothes (dress for the day is great...if you work at your office, but I work at the client site so no dressing down for me :( ) or a really nice briefcase/bag. I love my bag!

Cash is good too. Can never go wrong with cold hard cash. Plus it is money and accountants deal with that. lol

Yes, it does depend on what kind of account you are. My husband rarely goes to client sites.

When our daughter got her MEd we bought her the frame from the university for her diploma and paid to fly her from Ontario to Newfoundland (she took long distance education) for her Convocation. While there with her she and I took a whale/iceberg watching tour. Memories are sometimes much more valuable than tangible items.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter