Any Army WIves??????

Do you mean wives who are in the Army or who's Dh's are in the Army? My Dh is in the Army :wave: .

Army Wife & Disney Bride of 1 year (a week from Tues)!!!

Hello! I am an Army wife! DH has been Active Duty for 12 years (next month). He's enlisted through 2018 and is nearing the VERY end of a 16 month deployment...WOO HOO!!!!

He just called me this morning to tell me that he wants to go to school to become a Warrant which shocked the heck out of me.

Anywho....we are stationed in Fort Drum, NY and have been here for 6 years now. We were in Giessen, Germany for 3 years before that, Fort Hood, Texas and Fort Jackson, South Carolina as well.

I look forward to getting to know you. Where are you stationed at?

Missie

Hello! I am an Army wife! DH has been Active Duty for 12 years (next month). He's enlisted through 2018 and is nearing the VERY end of a 16 month deployment...WOO HOO!!!!

He just called me this morning to tell me that he wants to go to school to become a Warrant which shocked the heck out of me.

Anywho....we are stationed in Fort Drum, NY and have been here for 6 years now. We were in Giessen, Germany for 3 years before that, Fort Hood, Texas and Fort Jackson, South Carolina as well.

I look forward to getting to know you. Where are you stationed at?

Missie

Hi Missie!

My DH has been in 16.5 yrs we are currently at Ft. Hood, DH was at Drum when I met him. He has also been at Camp Casey, South Korea; Ft. Wainwright, Alaska; Ft. campbell, Kentucky. He was deployed up until 3 weeks ago & is home on emergency leave due to a car accident his Dad was in. We are unsure if he will be going back since it's so close to the time when his unit is returning home.

Nice to meet ya!

HI there and nice to meet you guys!!!! I am at Ft. SIll right now. A good friend of mine from here introduced to me to the boards. I thought I knew a good bit about Diseny until I came here and WOW I know nothing compared to most of the posters on here. Anyone have a trip planned for this summer to Disney? Take CAre

Hi Missie!

My DH has been in 16.5 yrs we are currently at Ft. Hood, DH was at Drum when I met him. He has also been at Camp Casey, South Korea; Ft. Wainwright, Alaska; Ft. campbell, Kentucky. He was deployed up until 3 weeks ago & is home on emergency leave due to a car accident his Dad was in. We are unsure if he will be going back since it's so close to the time when his unit is returning home.

Nice to meet ya!

Hello! I have a friend who moved to Hood this past November. She and her hubby were the BEST neighbors I have ever had!! I was sad to see them go but they love it in Texas!

I am soooo sorry to hear about your FIL! I hope your DH gets to remain home for the duration of the deployment.

Missie

I'm an Army wife and an Air Force chick. :cutie: My hubby has been in for... 13 years now. He's an officer, but is prior enlisted. I've been in for almost 9 years...enlisted still.

I'm an army wife, we're currently stationed at Ft.Carson, CO but DH is deployed, he's been in almost 7 years, and we've been married for 4. Nice to meet everyone! It's about time we get some threads on this forum! :cool1:

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Anyways, I'm an army wife of 5 years and my husband has been in 10 years this month. I have on idea if we are going to make it because this tempo is kicking our behind something good. We have 2.5 years left on the enlistment and I know we would be crazy to walk away with 13 years in but man it's just so hard.

DH is full time & part time Army National Guard. 25+ yrs! WOW, time flies. He's currently assigned to the Joint Force Headquarters as a database admin (fulltime) & communications (part time). Sergeant First Class and thinking of going for warrant officer school. It doesn't look like he's retiring any time soon. 42 yrs old.

I can't believe I haven't seen this thread. Anyways, I'm an army wife of 5 years and my husband has been in 10 years this month. I have on idea if we are going to make it because this tempo is kicking our behind something good. We have 2.5 years left on the enlistment and I know we would be crazy to walk away with 13 years in but man it's just so hard.

I know what you mean, Dh will have 15 years in when this enlistment is up next year and he's planning on getting out. It's just getting so hard on his body, he keeps getting injured (stress fractures, etc.) just from training. We're both getting very tired, it's getting to wear alot on me, too, raising 5 kids by myself so much.

We do have the advantage that the first 6 years were National Guard, then he went active duty, so his plan is to go back into the Guard when he gets out to finish up and get his retirement. I'm just scared to death of trying to find a good job, etc.

I know what you mean, Dh will have 15 years in when this enlistment is up next year and he's planning on getting out. It's just getting so hard on his body, he keeps getting injured (stress fractures, etc.) just from training. We're both getting very tired, it's getting to wear alot on me, too, raising 5 kids by myself so much.

We do have the advantage that the first 6 years were National Guard, then he went active duty, so his plan is to go back into the Guard when he gets out to finish up and get his retirement. I'm just scared to death of trying to find a good job, etc.

I can not imagine raising 5 children with all the frequent deployments and training. My DH was prior service before coming back in through OCS so he has 9 years until retirement. At least that is the plan depending on weather or not he is due to be promoted if that’s the case then he will stay in a little bit longer because it would make a big difference in retirement pay. I am sure you will be able to find a good job. I mean you have raised 5 children that should count for some serious management experience!:thumbsup2

My husband is Army Guard-29 years of total active and reserve service-i also work as a contractor for the army supporting soldier training at Ft Carson colorado.

I just wanted to say how great it is to meet all of you on here!! I look forward to getting to know you.

Missie

If we are done with the army, we are DONE. I don't want to do Guard either. Right now they are gone as much as AD army and I'm just stinking tired. Like I said this is the 5th year of our marriage and I started to mark my calendar for every night he has spent home since we've been married. We recently hit 700 nights recently. That's isn't a whole lot in 5 years.

We've been putting off having babies because of all the deployments and training ops and both of us just wanting to be married and also scared to death of what could happen while he is away. I can't imagine 10 more years in, though I know we would be able to have a great life when it was done but man WTH would the next 10 years look like. My Matt's poor hair is already turning gray at 30 and I mean mostly gray now and I'm not sure how many more ulcers I need from all this. I think for us it just boils down to being so damn tired. My husband is living with the messed up knee and loosing hearing in one ear and who knows what else that I just don't know but I also worry about future health problems from being in Iraq so often around all the nasty stuff.(Yes, I worry alot lol)

I think it would help if we didn't feel like the army was screwing us so much. We know ALOT of people that have never been anywhere at all and that includes a roation to Europe. I was like are you kidding me?!?! This guy was an admin guy and been all over the US but never deployed and in the army 17 years!! Holy cow I want that guy's job. We were supposed to be recruiting starting this year. Matt volunteered for it and was accepted and everything but the orders went poof because Campbell needs him more supposedly. I'm pretty good now about not having control over my life but I hate when someone else can make our decisions and totally derail us.

Thanks for listening to the vent, I never meant to make it this long lol. It just came out

Vent away Tina! That's what we're here for!

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. I'm not an army wife, yet, but I will be in about 20 months. My fiance is in the Guard. He's currently in Kansas and will be heading to Afghanistan in July. This is all so new and overwhelming to me. He's been gone 5 weeks so I'm trying to stay busy.

Right now what's keeping me going is that I see him in 9 more "wake ups" over Memorial Day Weekend!

Michelle princess:

Tina, I understand. Although my DH isn't in a "dangerous" type position, I do understand the long hours. He didn't take vacation time last year....and I'm not seeing any plans for him taking one this year yet. grrrrrrr Never mind going anywhere. I just would like him home a change.

My DH is one of those long term who haven't been sent. (I say that sheepishly, because I know its a sore spot for those that have gone especially twice.) He travels several weeks per month but in the US. He was sent to NOLA also. He did go to Germany back in the 80's but it was for training. He currently works at state headquarters. Even though it is "supposedly" a non-deployable unit, two thirds of the people have been sent or volunteered to fill holes in other units that deployed. Others that volunteered were denied because they were needed here. DH is one because he's one of just a few members on the ISISS (sp?) team. (Technically....this one is his 3rd "job" ...after his full time & part time positions.) A portable emergency communications unit that is self contained & can enable the fed / state / local (fire & police) to all communicate with each other whether it be by radio, computer, or phone. The "thing" that didn't exist on 9/11. There are only 11 in the US. That is why they went to NOLA. Its still new & they are constantly training. The governor uses them for every large event in the state too so they get more training.

And if he IS home.....he's constantly being called or emailed by everyone because of database or email or system problems. Everyday....and all day. Those cell phone, blackberry & laptop are going to disappear one of these days if I have my way. ;)

When you say "guards" ...so many people still think of 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. I swear his part time position takes almost as much as his full time position these days -- especially if you factor in all the traveling he does.

Tina, I understand. Although my DH isn't in a "dangerous" type position, I do understand the long hours. He didn't take vacation time last year....and I'm not seeing any plans for him taking one this year yet. grrrrrrr Never mind going anywhere. I just would like him home a change.

My DH is one of those long term who haven't been sent. (I say that sheepishly, because I know its a sore spot for those that have gone especially twice.) He travels several weeks per month but in the US. He was sent to NOLA also. He did go to Germany back in the 80's but it was for training. He currently works at state headquarters. Even though it is "supposedly" a non-deployable unit, two thirds of the people have been sent or volunteered to fill holes in other units that deployed. Others that volunteered were denied because they were needed here. DH is one because he's one of just a few members on the ISISS (sp?) team. (Technically....this one is his 3rd "job" ...after his full time & part time positions.) A portable emergency communications unit that is self contained & can enable the fed / state / local (fire & police) to all communicate with each other whether it be by radio, computer, or phone. The "thing" that didn't exist on 9/11. There are only 11 in the US. That is why they went to NOLA. Its still new & they are constantly training. The governor uses them for every large event in the state too so they get more training.

And if he IS home.....he's constantly being called or emailed by everyone because of database or email or system problems. Everyday....and all day. Those cell phone, blackberry & laptop are going to disappear one of these days if I have my way. ;)

When you say "guards" ...so many people still think of 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. I swear his part time position takes almost as much as his full time position these days -- especially if you factor in all the traveling he does.

I am so so sorry. I shouldn't have opened my mouth about people who haven't deployed. That's not fair at all and honestly sometimes I feel like I shouldn't get to complain at all. I knew he was in the army when I married him and that this is a volunteer army.

If I remember, your husband is signal also. My husband is constantly learning new equipment for the signal unit and trying to train new people on stuff so I understand some. I really am sorry and wasn't trying to target anyone in specific just blowing off steam I guess. Please don't think I meant you or anyone else in specific.:flower3:

I am so so sorry. I shouldn't have opened my mouth about people who haven't deployed. That's not fair at all and honestly sometimes I feel like I shouldn't get to complain at all. I knew he was in the army when I married him and that this is a volunteer army.

Just because it's "volunteer" and they knew what they were getting into, etc., doesn't mean it's easy on anyone and everyone has the right to let off some steam and frustration every once in awhile. Just remember, if there weren't volunteers no one would do it so it would be nice if the people who make these decisions (such as the extension :mad: ) would take that into consideration along with the mission.

Okay, climbing down off my soapbox now. We all understand your frustration and we're here to listen to each other vent. I think my Dh would've been out of the Army a long time ago if we had been through that many deployments. This is his third, but the first two were only 6 months and not hazardous. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter