Any Army WIves??????

Tina, you have absolutely NO reason to apologize! I completely understand. :hug:

Its just that there are still Army members who look down at Guards members. Its experienced mostly on bases when guards are sent in to fill positions of deployed army. I wish it wasn't that way. But it is. They must think that they are all just weekend warriors & don't understand some of these guys hold full time & part time positions. If they give up their part time position....they lose their full time position. DH is running out of steam too & wishes he could give up ISISCS. But he says he "can't". I think its more like one of those "don't want to let anyone down" type of things. ;)

Yes, you are correct on signal & learning new stuff & training others. That's alot of his travel. That & going to lots of technology conferences by vendors such as HP.

I look back & it all changed back when Clinton made all those troop cuts. Ever since then, they work so much harder / longer than they used to.

I would take my seeing my husband one hour a week over him being deployed for 15 months, my husband is a scout, he goes out on missions, 5 of his men have died, his soldiers....I just want him out of danger. I'd give anything to have him in the US or just to be able to talk to him more than a few times a month, I'm proud of him, I really am, but this deployment is wearing on me, and him too really. 15 months is poop, really. :sad2:

Another Army wife here. We are stationed at Ft. Sill. Dh has done one tour in Iraq, and we just never know when a tasking will come up. He volunteered to go on a one for one replacement last time. That was hard because he wasn't deployed with a unit and his old unit acted like we dropped off the face of the Earth.

Dh did four years enlisted, then 10 NG where he went to OCS. He came back on active duty in 02. He has 18 years service, but only 10 for retirement.

Tina, we all have our moments, and I can see how frustrated you are with all the deployments. It is hard. My dh went to S. Korea for a year when he came back to active duty and did the year without taking leave. We moved here and then he left again for Iraq. I think we all understand how you must be feeling. Hang in there.:)

Another Army wife here. We are stationed at Ft. Sill. Dh has done one tour in Iraq, and we just never know when a tasking will come up. He volunteered to go on a one for one replacement last time. That was hard because he wasn't deployed with a unit and his old unit acted like we dropped off the face of the Earth.

Dh did four years enlisted, then 10 NG where he went to OCS. He came back on active duty in 02. He has 18 years service, but only 10 for retirement.

Tina, we all have our moments, and I can see how frustrated you are with all the deployments. It is hard. My dh went to S. Korea for a year when he came back to active duty and did the year without taking leave. We moved here and then he left again for Iraq. I think we all understand how you must be feeling. Hang in there.:)

Hey I am also at Fort Sill. My DH was also 4 years enlisted and then several years IRR and then OCS. I would have never in a million years thought he would have come back into the army but he loves it. SO how do u like Sill? We live on post and it is very different form where we came from. You know my husband deployed as an FSO with another unit as soon as we moved to last duty station and I did not know a soul. Thank God for great neighbors!!!

Tina, Don't worry about venting!!!! You are entitled and your 15 months is to long. I am sure this extension will affect morale for the soliders. GOOD LUCK!!!

Hey I am also at Fort Sill. My DH was also 4 years enlisted and then several years IRR and then OCS. I would have never in a million years thought he would have come back into the army but he loves it. SO how do u like Sill? We live on post and it is very different form where we came from. You know my husband deployed as an FSO with another unit as soon as we moved to last duty station and I did not know a soul. Thank God for great neighbors!!!

Tina, Don't worry about venting!!!! You are entitled and your 15 months is to long. I am sure this extension will affect morale for the soliders. GOOD LUCK!!!

Ummmm, not so much:lmao: We live off post, so that is a blessing. We have been here 4 years.

Ummmm, not so much:lmao: We live off post, so that is a blessing. We have been here 4 years.

I do not care for it to much either. I like Lawton and have found several things in town for my daughter to participate in. I really hope we will not be here for 4 years. We lived here once before in June 04 for OBC. My DH took command in Feb. So I know will be here at least until next May. If you do not mind me asking do you have children?

but this deployment is wearing on me, and him too really. 15 months is poop, really. :sad2:

Big hugs to you!!! 15 months does stink!! DH should be home in less than a month now and was gone for 16 months and I am scared, anxious, etc for homecoming. People change over that amount of time and to be apart and not see each during the change just worries me. I know that we'll be fine but I still feel uneasy.

:grouphug:

Missie

Hello! I know of a few spouses here in Drum whose hubby's did their year in Korea and then returned only to be deployed to Iraq/Afghanistan. That must be so hard! :hug:

Hope all is well with everyone today!

Missie

I do not care for it to much either. I like Lawton and have found several things in town for my daughter to participate in. I really hope we will not be here for 4 years. We lived here once before in June 04 for OBC. My DH took command in Feb. So I know will be here at least until next May. If you do not mind me asking do you have children?

Wow, you like Lawton??? Yes, we have 3 kids. OOOO command time, now that is a fun time. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, dh has already been through that.

ETA Don't forget case lot sale is today through Sunday! I already hit it once, and will most likely go back later this weekend.

Wow, you like Lawton??? Yes, we have 3 kids. OOOO command time, now that is a fun time. :rolleyes1 Thankfully, dh has already been through that.

ETA Don't forget case lot sale is today through Sunday! I already hit it once, and will most likely go back later this weekend.

Well it is better then Junction City. Not sure if you have ever been to Riley but Junction City is the closest community and there is nothing!!!! However Riley was a wonderful post and we really miss it. I guess you can not have everything. How are the LPS? I saw them setting up for the case lot sale yesterday is there anything good? Hopefully I can make it there to check it out. We have DD’s dance recital this weekend and a battalion function so it is sure to be a busy one.

Well it is better then Junction City. Not sure if you have ever been to Riley but Junction City is the closest community and there is nothing!!!! However Riley was a wonderful post and we really miss it. I guess you can not have everything. How are the LPS? I saw them setting up for the case lot sale yesterday is there anything good? Hopefully I can make it there to check it out. We have DD’s dance recital this weekend and a battalion function so it is sure to be a busy one.

My kids don't go to LPS. We live outside the city limits, so they go to an outlying district. LPS, from what I hear, is hit or miss with the elementary buildings. It can get pretty rough in the middle schools and high schools. There have been some problems with gangs at EHS from what I have seen in the news.

Case lot was so so, I have seen better. I picked up some stuff. They had cases of water for 3.50. I usually stock up on drinks for the summer!

I haven't been to Riley. Lawton is decent sized, but there is just something about it that rubs me the wrong way.

We lived here once before in June 04 for OBC. My DH took command in Feb.

Wow, that is a blast from our past! DH did OBC (do they still call it that?) at Ft. Sill in the late 80's! We lived there 5 months straight out of college and 2 weeks after getting married! :eek: He did OAC in Huntsville, AL.

We lived in Germany during the early 90's and DH went to Desert Storm with his CAV unit. He took 2 company commands as a CPT (one in Germany and one as a recruiting company commander).

He got out after 10 years and is in the reserves. He went to Iraq (not with his unit but was selected to "go on his own") 2004-05 for 10 months. He teaches CGSC as his reserve job and is doing his 2 weeks of that right now.

He has hit his 20 yrs recently, but is still in. :eek: He enjoys teaching...risky I know as this is where he was pulled from! I have this feeling the man would like to make full bird Col.

And yes Tina, it is a sore spot that we know ACTIVE duty officers who have NEVER been to Iraq or anywhere for that matter. I know where you are coming from with that statement. No offense to those though. We know one who volunteered to go and was turned down. I just don't get it. They have asked DH 3 more times if he would like to "volunteer" to go back. :sad2: I just hope he stays safe through his last year in, but I have my fears.

Oh, and I get annoyed when civilians and media think the reserves and the guard are the same thing.:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter