Any comments on the Saratoga spa?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
My girlfriend & I (ladies in late 40's) will be at OKW for just 3 nights mid-Nov. - only going to relax (only 1 park day F&W) - we're looking for something to do - is the Spa at Saratoga nice?

I LOVE Saratoga's Spa! GF has a slightly nicer layout/decor, but the big difference between the two spas (run by the same company) is that GF's spa uses products to re-energize, while Saratoga's Spa uses products to relax you. I was really surprised at how different I felt coming out of Saratoga vs. GF -- needless to say, I like Saratoga much better! I'm hoping to have a Peppermint Pig Pedicure in December, but I don't know if I'll have time!

I say go for it!!!

Is it nice? Oh, yeah, it's nice. Pricey, but verrrrry nice. (need that melted smiley face here)

It is wonderful. You should definitely book a treatment, but get there early so you can enjoy the sauna and spa tub in the locker rooms.

Mandy ::MinnieMo

agree - - get there early! I've had the parrafin treatment and hot stone massage and pedicure there... great therapists, excellent staff.

I've left there very relaxed. On a 10 day trip I'll do 2 visits there - maybe save the pedicure for near the end so I can sauna / steam / hot tub twice!!!!

After that I went to the SS pool and slept the day away. Lovely!

Had the reflexololy, nice and relaxing. I went almost a year ago in January and at that time once you got in your robe both men and ladies waited in the same area for their appoint. (didnt like that much) not sure if it is any different now.

murcor said:
Had the reflexololy, nice and relaxing. I went almost a year ago in January and at that time once you got in your robe both men and ladies waited in the same area for their appoint. (didnt like that much) not sure if it is any different now.
I wouldn't like that either! I assume the sauna and spa tubs are separate?

LisaS said:
I wouldn't like that either! I assume the sauna and spa tubs are separate?

The tubs are seperate, the waiting lounge is not. Can't really see where it is a problem, you are there only minutes after changing into your robe that the attendant comes and gets you.

I, too, am going with a group of women and staying at OKW...has anyone had any luck with last minute spa appointments (well,not last MINUTE but maybe day before or day of?) Probably just interested in manicure/pedicure or massage. Thanks!

Yes I got appts on the same day for my friend and I. The weather was bad so we ditched the idea of a pool day and went to the spa instead. :cheer2:

Mandy ::MinnieMo

I didn't mind the waiting area too much because they have nice big robes!!! It wouldn't surprise me if you could make arrangements to stay down in the ladies locker room to avoid the general waiting area. How often does one see men at the spa anyway?

Personally, I like the SSS' (is it saratoga springs spa?) waiting area better than GFs. I find GFs too small for comfort.

I got a manicure and pedicure there and loved it. Very relaxing. I made a same day appt with no problem.
I don't really see the big deal with the co-ed lounge. You are wearing more than you would have on at the pool.

megrod74 said:
I got a manicure and pedicure there and loved it. Very relaxing. I made a same day appt with no problem.
I don't really see the big deal with the co-ed lounge. You are wearing more than you would have on at the pool.

You know that was my thought exactly about the pool situation. ;)

Is there a site where you can see what the spa offers? Are there any things you can do with your SO? A couples thing?

SueOKW said:
I didn't mind the waiting area too much because they have nice big robes!!!

Ok, you must be tiny, because my MIL, step MIL, SIL and I could not fit into the robes. 3 of us are a size 18 or 20, and one of us was just a little well endowed. Next time I go I'm going to ask for a men's robe and slippers. I also couldn't wear the spa slippers on my size 11's. :rolleyes:

However, I loved the spa!!! I had one of the hydro-therapies....OMG!!! It was the best thing ever!!!!! Definitely worth every penny, and I got a DVC discount!

ah - i am not small - i am a 22!! i asked for a larger robe - it took me a few times to realize that every good spa has bigger robes. of course any good attendent knows enough to offer bigger robes and slippers ... shame on her!

yes, i was very uncomfortable in the standard size they offer.

ccw said:
I, too, am going with a group of women and staying at OKW...has anyone had any luck with last minute spa appointments (well,not last MINUTE but maybe day before or day of?) Probably just interested in manicure/pedicure or massage. Thanks!

I just talked to the GF spa and asked them when I needed to book. They said that it is fairly easy to get weekday appoints - that you can call the day before and be good. As for weekend appointments, they said that if you call by Wednesday, you are normally pretty good.

I was wondering on the timing, because I think I am going to add a Citrius Zest Therapy the day I arrive. What a great way to get you in the mood for a vacation!

ttfn,
TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter