Any eastcoasters heading out this week?

disobsessed

Mouseketeer
Okay - I know I can't be alone here. We are schedule to fly out of BWI, through Charlotte, on Friday morning. Talk about freaking out. I called USAir and they are saying they have openings for Thursday afternoon/night, but I have no idea where or when the storm will hit.

ANyone else trying to save/rework/change flying or driving plans over the next few days? I am becoming obsessed with the weather sites! I just wondered what others are doing.

Hi,
I know how you feel. We are due to fly out of Manchester NH on Sat morning. All we can really do is sit and wait to see what this
monster storm is going to do. Let's hope it takes a right and heads to France.

We live in central NC and although we are not going to WDW this weekend(we went in July), we are getting ready for Isabel!

We got the generator ready and have already bought 14gals of water!

The local forecast is showing the hurricane to hit the outer banks of NC and then head NNW. There is a pretty good chance that Charlotte will only get some wind and rain - hopefully not too bad!

Have a safe and magical trip!

We're supposed to fly out on Wednesday evening from Laguardia. I think we'll be okay, but I'm keeping an eye on things. We have thought about possibly flying out earlier on Weds. just in case. Our flight is scheduled to leave at 4:30; we can switch to a 2:00 flight.

We have a connecting flight in Charlotte on Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping everything has blown over by then.

we're supposed to get married friday, lol, and head out to the world saturday 3:00 pm from BDL. :confused:

We are flying out wed morning out of mac arthur on long island. Hoping that it doesnt get cancel:(

We are supposed to fly out of BWI Friday afternoon. I don't know what we are going to do but sit and wait to see what path she takes. We are hoping it will not come straight up the Chesapeake if does we are in real big trouble.

Yes. We are supposed to leave from JFK Saturday morning. Hope the storm changes direction!! :(

Yup...us too! We are scheduled to fly out of Manchester, NH on THURSDAY evening.....I'm not holding out much hope of getting out. Not too much we can do other than wait and see. Luckily, we are very close to the airport, so we won't get stranded there.

Good luck everyone!

Sammy

We are driving from Pittsburgh Pa on friday. Been watching the weather sites constantly. Praying everyone will be ok. See in the World!! Disney here we come!! Julie

I hate to say it - but misery really does love company - it is nice not to be alone here!

Well, we decided to try to stay a step ahead of the weather. We moved up our flight to Thursday afternoon, hopefully just ahead of the storm. Good luck to all of the rest of you - keeping my fingers crossed that she keeps weakening and we all get there as planned!

By the way - since we're getting in the night before (hopefully) we are going to need a place to stay at the airport. I will cross-post this on the accomodations board, but any suggestions about convenient, cheap airport hotel w/a shuttle?

We're supposed to leave Friday AM from LaGuardia. We're doing our anti-rain dance right now, and hopefully we won't see too many delays. We hope!

We are flying out of NYC on Sat morning.

The storm should only be rain & some wind here. (Whew!!) So we should be OK. I just hope they can keep flying Fri or the airport will be so backed up on Sat. Luckly, Sept is a light month for flying to MCO.

disobsessed: For your one night at the airport, have you tried Priceline? We needed one night right before we return home on our 7:20 AM flight :-)eek: ) and I didn't want to pay a lot of $$. I researched which hotels have been coming up on Priceline for the airport area, and for how much $$. I took the plunge and got the Renaissance Airport for $28 for the night. It is considered a 3* by Priceline and the reviews seemed good. I get lots of good Priceline information on the www.biddingfortravel.com website.

PS. I believe all the Priceline 3* airport hotels have a shuttle......

Good luck!

Sammy

DIZZY4DIZNEY -
We are also flying out of Manchester Saturday am - Northwest. Hoping that the weather holds out and we make it out of here.
See you there!!!

We have a flight out of JFK Saturday morning..I was VERY concerned, but looks like by Saturday it will be in Canada..and the new projected path now has Northern NJ and NYC out of the woods, still crossing my fingers that all goes well!
I was thinking about leaving Thursday night or anytime on Friday, but it seems like that is the time when we would have the most trouble, so I am sitting tight and hoping Isabel gets over with soon!

Delta is letting folks like us change your flight plans free of charge if you are one of the cities that will be affected by the storm. go to delta to see the list under Isabel. Not sure if other carriers are doing it. I changed my Thursday AM flight to Wednesday noon in hopes of avoiding some of the worse parts. Good luck to all!

n2mm: I'm trying to do that same thing! I called Dullas Airport and the said that they have not declared Isabel in there flight path yet. Hello, Do they not watch the news!! Last I heard it was coming right for the D.C. area. What airport are you flying out of?

We are flying United. We leave at 8:40 am on Thursday so we migt be okay if the storm hits late afternoon. But with 2 small kids we want to be on the safe side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter