Any help for embarrassing problem??

CindysFriend

I’m just somebody that you used to know…
Sometimes when I do a LOT of walking, my inner thighs get chafed. Anyone have good tips for preventing and/or dealing with this problem? It's rather embarrassing, but painful after a couple of days, and I don't want to keep my family back from enjoying all of the fun.
Normally I work out at the gym and have no problem with this... It's usually only when I wear shorts and do a LOT of walking for a few days in a row. We are planning on taking breaks here and there but I know I will still have this problem come up at some point during our vacation.

Anyone with help for me? Thanks so much.. Where else but on here could I ask a question like this?!

Four words for you that will do the trick. Gold Bond medicated powder. Pick it up at any drug store and have a great trip.

My father also has this problem, and he uses regular baby powder. They usually come in a travel size, so this would be ideal for taking to the parks.

...I was just thinking of how to avoid that problem myself. My chubby thighs tend to get very chafed after a lot of walking in shorts. Last year we went to Sea World San Antonio and I thought I was going to die!
This year I was debating spraying on anti-perspirent...maybe wearing a pair of thin spandex type shorts under my regular shorts...or using my portable fan to "cool" off during shows.

I have always actually used desitin, it works better than powder because it is a cream and tends to stay on better. Hope this helps...

Vaseline Instensive Care Lotion works wonders for me...I put it on the morning before I put my shorts on and it seems to last all day.....I also only wear shorts to the parks that do not ride up as you walk...so I wear jean shorts only there..that is also an embarrassing problem...try the lotion it sinks in well and has always worked for me....:D :D :D :D :D

Here are a couple of products used by long distance runners and me (wander arounder).
Hydropel is pretty good I have used it on occasion but this stuff called Chafe-Ease is wonderful. They are both creamy type products work great and are made for this purpose.
Here is the bad news I don't know where I got them other than saying online somewhere. The Chafe-Ease comes from a company called Natures Kiss located in Pukekohe, New Zealand (hope you were sitting down). I have one 3oz tub left and the other lasted 3 trips.
Hydropel is made by Genesis Pharmaceutical in Hazel Park MI
RussH

I also used to have that problem, especially when I wore a skirt. My favorite solution was a pair or bike shorts. As an added benefit I didn't have to worry about showing my undies either :). You could wear a pair of black bike shorts under your regular shorts to help with chafing. Also, longer shorts don't rub as easily and those without a seam won't hurt so much if they do.

My husband would kill me if he knew I posted this answer, but he has the same problem and after I got him diaper rash medicine at the suggestion of a nurse friend (desatin, I think that is the correct spelling) it clears it right up. So I always pack it when traveling. I think the cream is better and it makes a barrier for the sweat. Baby powder was not as effective for the prevention and treatment of this condition. Hope this helps.

There is a Canadian product called "Panticreme"[spelling?],it is a creme that comes in a tin in 2 sizes. I had a freind buy the large tin,it was about $9.00. But it has lasted 12 yrs.!!

It is one of those cremes thats good for alot of things,diaper rash, Chaffing,and heat rash!! And it is smells good! not fishy like some diaper cremes.

Someone over on the Canadian Board once offered to buy me some more?

:bounce: :bounce: :pinkbounce::

BIKER SHORTS OR ATHLETIC TYPE UNDERWEAR THEY SELL AT STORES THAT BASKETBALL PLAYERS USE

We swear by Balmex (available all over the place). Try the baby section if you can't find it on the shelf. It works wonders for chafing - this advice from an experienced courier to "runs" all day!

As a plus-sized lady who always has this problem, here's what works for me. The chafing is caused by friction. In order to prevent the chafing, prevent the friction. I usually wear longer bike shorts-twill/lyrca. They look fine and really help prevent the chafing from starting. Also powdering the thighs-I'd recommend cornstarch powder-will cut down on the friction. The creams and such are used after the fact mostly to help the skin heal. I use hydrocortisone cream, any brand, and it really helps the skin heal overnight.

HI! I had this problem the last time I went away. What made it worse was when I shaved my legs. So, what I plan on doing is waxing my inner and upper thighs several weeks prior to leaving. Then while I am there, I will only shave to my short line. Prior to leaving the hotel in the morning I will place Balmex on my inner thighs!

Melika77

I agree about the bike shorts or the athletic undies. I honestly had never thought about the undies until my sweetie started having the same problem with his jeans rubbing him raw at work (he works outside and was sweating) when he switched to the longer legged undies it solved his problem.

I agree with the biker shorts tip! I always had this problem until a few years ago. I actually wear "exercise shorts." I buy them at K-Mart, I think it's the Kathy Ireland brand. They are for working out (not something I ever do!). I usually wear a large, but buy an extra large in these, just so they aren't so skin tight. I wear a big, long t-shirt, and stay cool and chafe free all day.

I also have the capri length pants made of the same stuff, and the full length ones for cooler months. The pants are skin tight, so I always wear a longer t-shirt.

if you don't like the whiteness of desitin, we use a+d ointment. It will heal it overnight as well as being a great preventative. :)

This is why I never, never wear shorts. I am much more
comfortable in light weight, cotton pants. There is then, no
problem of chafing. It is much more of a common problem
then you think !! Maybe I will try some of those ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter