Any other D.I.N.K.s out there?

13 yrs. as DINKs and 6 yrs. as DVC members...

A popular assumption that CM (usually front desk or waiters) typically make when they see us is that we're honeymooners... maybe it's that Disney magic that puts the twinkle in the eye after 13 yrs... Just booked for Jan'06 (sort of spontaneous plans) for another "honeymoon"!!! :lovestruc :love:

WDW is just THE total resort for anyone... young, old, kids, no kids, single, married, etc... that's the beauty of it... aside from the parks there's so much to take in... golf, boating, pools, entertainment, and the FOOD!!!

"Been there, Done That, GOING BACK!"

Hubby and I are D.I.N.K.S. not by choice and have been members since 1999!
We go down a couple of times a year and love it! Next trip Christmas. Why sit home alone when we can celebrate in the World! We usually get a studio but the last couple of trips we have had a 1 bedroom.

darner said:
A popular assumption that CM (usually front desk or waiters) typically make when they see us is that we're honeymooners... maybe it's that Disney magic that puts the twinkle in the eye after 13 yrs...

We've had the same experience as darner. On one of our (many) visits last year, while strolling down Main Street hand-in-hand :love: , a CM called out "Awwww, honeymooners!". We just celebrated our 10th this February - not exactly honeymooners! We laughed and smiled all day over that one! :goodvibes

Karen

If we had them it would just seem mean to go to Disney World and leave them at home.

When we get around to having kids we'll go to Vegas. :)

I'm not horrible really, one day I'll have kids and eventually I'll take them to WDW. Just not ready for that yet, if it wasn't obvious. I am taking my parents though -- for their first trip!

DIAKs - also DIENs (Duel Income Empty Nesters), and we bought into DVC when DS was 23. We have a great time just the two of us, and we usually get a 1BR (with a studio at another resort on arrival day). We have been down with another couple once and this December we're having an early holiday with DS in a 2BR. While there is not yet a DDIL and DGC, we figure that we'll have lots of different kinds of trips in the next 48 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter