Any other D.I.N.K.s out there?

msuspartan

Earning My Ears
DH and I are D.I.N.K.s (Dual-Income, No Kids), with no plans for kids in the near future (or perhaps ever). We became DVC members in 2002 and have visited several times per year since. We just returned from our latest vacation, where we added on at Saratoga, and have plans to return again in January for the marathon. We found upon our return that most people just stare at us with a blank look when we tell them we went to Disney or try to explain the magic of DVC. My hair stylist actually laughed out loud at me! "What would you do for two weeks at Disney with no kids?!" All of this just got me wondering...are we really that strange or are there other DVC Disney fanatics out there who are D.I.N.K.s just like us? :confused3

Proud DINK's!!!!!!!!!! We love being DINKs and also just did a add on. Yes everyone thinks we have lost our mind. Many happy DINK years to come at DVC for us. :teeth:

My name is Maistre Gracey, and I'm a dink.

Actually not by choice though. We are trying to have kids now (well, not RIGHT now :teeth: ).

MG

And yes, we have been asked more than once why we keep going back to WDW since we don't have kids yet. Some people just can't seem to understand how much there is to do there for kids young and old.

Yes, we too are DINKs, but I hope that we are SINKs soon.

I wanna quit my job!!!

I am a single income, no kids. And a lot of people, like folks at work, etc, think I am out of my mind for going to WDW for as much as I do.

No longer a DINK, but look below. You can see how many times we went before our princess was born. I know, people don't get it. They never will either! :confused3 They also don't get why us West Coasters would be going to WDW in the first place! I remember when we came back from our honeymoon and my boss just couldn't understand why we'd go to WDW for our honeymoon, isn't it the same as DL! Uh, no! One word: EPCOT!

I remember seeing the DVC commercials back in '97 and wanting to check it out then. We didn't really have time, and DH wasn't too interested! Oh, if we only knew that we'd go as much as we've had. I think yearly trips are in our future!

We are DIAK's (dual income adult kids) and we bought after the kids became adults and moved out and we have since added on. We enjoy going and our friends and co-workers just roll their eyes when we announce yet another WDW trip. We love WDW and problably always will. We just recently (1 1/2 weeks ago) became grandparents for the first time :cloud9: which now gives us even more reason to want to keep going back.

Count us in. Hubby and I married almost 18 years with no plans for children. We don't even have nieces and nephews to drag to WDW. We've been members since 2002 and have added on more times than I should admit too. Next trip 9 days away--12 glorious nights at our very favorite place (and we travel a lot!).

We qualify as SIAK (Single Income Adult Kid) and I think some of our friends think we're a little batty to enjoy going to WDW so much. We went out to dinner recently with a friend and when DH excused himself to go to the men's room our friend said to me "Do you REALLY enjoy going to Disney all the time?" like I was being forced at gunpoint to go!

Does this count??

We take 2-3 trips per year. We have three boys 12-10-7, and on at least one trip per year, we "sneak" away without the kids. People think we are crazy, too, but it is an entirely different trip.

If you have 3 kids, you aren't a DINK.

We used to be DINKs until I got laid off. So, now we're SINKS with me being a full time student.

I was not claiming to be a DINK. I was relating to the reactions of others when they hear we go to WDW without kids.

My DH and I don't have any kids yet and maybe not for another couple years. We became club members in 2004 and have two trips scheduled for next year already. People always think we're crazy. They think we spend too much money, but they don't understand that the club is an investment for our future. Some people just don't get the fact that it's fun to be a kid again...especially with your spouse.

Amanda

Count us in amongst the DINKs! Though, due to self-employment, my contributions to the "Dual Income" are a bit sporadic... :rolleyes:

The "kids" that are referred to in the countdown are my nieces and nephew: 25, 22, and 19 :grouphug:

Karen

We are O-DINK's - Older Dual Income No Kids
and we love WDW and all that it has to offer. Although I have to admit - my niece had a baby in July and the first time I held her in my arms's one of my first thoughts was "Can't wait to take you to WDW!!" maybe in Nov. 06!
So far all trips have been just DH and I.

Proud DINKs here. Just came back from a quick little trip to the World and have a trip planned to Disneyland in December. We are also DINKs that love a one bedroom - love the space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter