Any ROFR news?

Hi micks,

Thought I would toss in my opinion as well. One question to ask yourself is how long are you willing to wait for another contract and what if the price is higher? A 150 BCV contract with remaining 2004 points is very desirable, and for the past several months have been few and far between, and the ones that do show up go very quickly. If BCV is what you really want, and that size contract is what you really want, I would keep it. Some of the other sites (like tug) have them priced more in the $85.pp range---of course, that is just asking price. Lately on TSS they have been going for around $76-79.

You always could sell the unwanted 2004 points. Or ask the seller to try and bank them anyway (doesn't Disney give a one-time "I goofed" concession?).

Anyway, just some food for thought in your decision making progress.

Thanks so much!! That's just the kind of info I was looking for. We are only looking at the BCV (It's just "home" for us!) and we are starting out with 150 points and we'll see how it goes. So, if having any points left from 2004 is a little unusual, I think we'll stick with this one. I thought $79/point wasn't too bad either. Thanks again! I'd love to hear more opinions if anyone has them!

Just got the good word today. Passed ROFR after sending downpayment on 10/19/04.
230 OKW, Oct. use year, $72/pt.
115 2003 banked, all 2004 and after.
Buyer pay closing and 2004 MF.
Good luck to those bidding and waiting on ROFR

micks, as long as you're comfortable with the price, then that's all that really counts! It's easy to second guess yourself!! And as someone else mentioned, BVC resales aren't all that plentiful and many time the contracts have been stripped -- so if you have a BCV resale with current year points available, well, so much the better!

jekjones, congratulations on passing ROFR on your latest OKW points! I've always felt that getting banked points is one of the sweeter aspects of buying resale. We are going to rent a bunch of banked points and will be using the proceeds to pay all 2005 maintenance fees!

okay, I have just caught up on this post. Life has been crazy!!! I have missed you all!!!

Rather than list everyone personally, congrats to all!!! And pixie dust to those in waiting.

AKL Concierge called last night to see if we would need anything for our trip, how wonderful is that????? I just reminded them it was my DD's 6th birthday and booked the Sunrise Safari for Jan. 4.

Don, we will probably hit Epcot thursday.....or friday. would either of those work for breakfast for you and your family???

Kathleen

Originally posted by kaw1106
AKL Concierge called last night to see if we would need anything for our trip, how wonderful is that????? I just reminded them it was my DD's 6th birthday and booked the Sunrise Safari for Jan. 4.
Kathleen, we will be staying at AKL Concierge for one night (12/28) before moving over to BWV. We too were surprised to receive a phone call last weekend asking what they could do to assist us! Because we are only staying the one night, we're unable to book either the Sunrise or Sunset Safari this time! Darn - would have loved to do one of them!! You'll have to let us know what you think of the sunrise safari...

OK - Thought I's make this the 1st place I get to say -WE DID IT!! We signed the contract and Fed Ex'd the check (We're using Jason at The Timeshare Store).

Now, we're just hoping all goes well. Can you all tell me how the rest of this works? I"m excited and a little nervous - it's a lot of money, but oh well, your kids are only young once, right?!

Here are the details:

BCV - 150 points, $79/point
Seller pays transfer fee
Buyer pays 2005 MF
40 points currently available
Feb Use Year (150 coming Feb '05)

How soon will this go to Disney for ROFR? How long will we have to bank, rent or use those 40 points that are currently available?

Thanks SO much for all of your help! I can't wait to be officially part of the "Club!"

Originally posted by micks
OK - Thought I's make this the 1st place I get to say -WE DID IT!! We signed the contract and Fed Ex'd the check (We're using Jason at The Timeshare Store).

Now, we're just hoping all goes well. Can you all tell me how the rest of this works? I"m excited and a little nervous - it's a lot of money, but oh well, your kids are only young once, right?!

Here are the details:

BCV - 150 points, $79/point
Seller pays transfer fee
Buyer pays 2005 MF
40 points currently available
Feb Use Year (150 coming Feb '05)

How soon will this go to Disney for ROFR? How long will we have to bank, rent or use those 40 points that are currently available?

Thanks SO much for all of your help! I can't wait to be officially part of the "Club!"
We signed our contract and sent the deposit on 9/22. Sent our balance in on 10/7. It took about 10 days to pass ROFR and then we closed on 10/22. I suppose that's a normal time frame assuming the sellers get their papers in timely.
Disney was notified on 10/22 and we were DVC members on 10/29!
As far as banking the points a February UY gets until Nov. 30 to bank 25% of your total (150). I believe that DVC will extend this deadline for you since you are in the closing process and let you bank those points when you are in. Still I would confirm this with the TimeShare Store or TimeShare Closing Services for your own peace of mind.

We have recently found out we are officially members at the BWV's. We closed on were on DVC's system while vacationing in WDW. It is more exciting than I would have thought thinking up ways to spend these points!! If it helps here is our timeline:

9/29 Signed papers with down payment
10/12 Passed ROFR
10/20 Forwaded Closing Docs and $$$
10/29 Closed
11/2 Made reservations at the BWV.

I felt the transaction was very smooth and had no problems at all! Went through TTS (Jason).

YEA! So glad to hear that all of your transactions went well. So far, so good for us. It's up to Disney at this point, but I'm really glad to hear they may work with us on the baking thing because we're in the middle of a sale. I'll call Jason tomorrow or Jenny at the Timeshare Closing Company. Everyone has been so easy to work with so far and you guys have been SO great at answering all of my questions. And, more importantly, being SO excited for me - as only another member can be! Thanks SO much! I'll keep you posted...

What are the price points for what's passing/not passing ROFR for HHI and OKW at this point? (And if anyone can further break it down by ones with banked points, current year points and stripped, that would be great.)

Thanks.

Passed ROFR on Nov. 3 after sending downpayment on 10/19/04.
230 OKW, Oct. use year, $72/pt.
115- 2003 banked, all 2004 and after.
Buyer pay closing and 2004 MF.

What a Bummerrrr!

We did not pass ROFR! Got the call Nov. 10 at 2:20 PM. Not sure what we're going to do now. Probably try again.

OKW 436 pts. Oct. $72
We pay Dec 2004 Maintenance Fees...

I really liked that package because it had plenty of points all in one deal. Plus we were going to get 580 pts. right now after closing. Oh well...

Y-ASK

Y-ASK: Were you paying the closing costs as well as maint. fees? If not, you might want to consider a counter-offer with you paying the closing fees and possibly increasing the price per point by a dollar or two. You'd have to act fast to do it though.

Edited to add: just found your post on the ROFR thread w/the details of your offer. Are you only paying MF's for the month of DEC.? Since all '04 points are available I bet the offer would have slid by ROFR if you reimbursed for the whole year instead of one month. Of course, that's what -- another $1500 or so?

Y-ASK: Wow, that is a bummer! So sorry it went that way for you. I think we're in for the long haul - if this one doesn't pass, we'll keep trying. Of course, I say that NOW while it's all good!

We're going to try again. The seller is willing to wait so we've offered the same deal but at $75.00 a pt. Thought about going with paying the maintenance fee for 2004 but Jerry, TSS, thought that would be too much since we're going to have to pay it for 2005 in Jan. All they can do is refuse again, right?

Y-ASK

WooHoo, Jean!!!!

I'm so excited for you!!! Sorry it took me so long to see this...I have been away from the boards for awhile!!!

:wave:

Beca

Hi, Beca!
Still waiting for closing papers. I hope this isn't going to be one of those deals with paperwork glitches! We want to use the 2003 points and a few of the 2004 points to make a May ressie. Don't want to borrow any more 2005 points to do that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter