Anyone cancelling WDW trip due to economy?

We won't cancel either. We have our trip paid in full already. The only reason we would cancel is if my DH has to have surgery again. We leave in 87 days and can hardly wait. It is our kids very first trip and they are all teenagers. :santa:

I probably should cancel since I'm losing my job on Dec 15, but my WDW vacation in November is the only thing that is keeping me from going off the deep end at times. I do have several leads for a new job, but it's slow going.

I was planning another trip to Great Britain for next year but will delay that for reasons other than the economy.

Just made reservations for November 2009 on Monday night. Vacations and good times to look forward to are IMPORTANT in my life. Building happy memories at WDW last a lifetime! We store up these memories and talk about them year after year.

I say, GO!!!

No way are we canceling. We leave in 49 days. The trip is paid for, DH works very hard and he needs a vacation. We took three vacations this summer, so I guess I am doing my part in helping the economy!

I would cut back elsewhere before I would cancel a trip. The economy may get worse before it gets better, so I would go now - while you have the resources to do so.

We're not cancelling our January trip because it's a big family trip and I am looking forward to it so much (my parents and in-laws are flying in to meet up with us and our 3 year old). We've never done anything like this, and we're all in financial positions to afford it. My husband also has a very secure job in healthcare, and we have cash saved up to pay for the trip already.

That said, we are being far more frugal than we have been in the last year. We're eating out less, buying fewer clothes, and just not buying as much stuff. Part of it is to save more money so that we can buy a bigger house in a year, and part of it is because you just never know what will happen. I have a job offer in hand for when I graduate law school next year, but who knows if something will change in a year, and if it does, I want to be prepared.

We leave day after tomorrow. No way we are cancelling now. Plus we are planning on booking bounceback for Pop next year.

Too late to cancel since have tickets already, but had I known what was coming probably would not have booked the trip. I fear bad times are coming for all of us, really bad if you listen to the true economists. My husband and I work for ourselves and don't have to worry about losing our jobs, but inflation is coming and unemployment is going up and anyone who thinks taxes aren't going to soar in order to pay off this bailout is high as a kite. :sad2: That said, there is a certain freedom to everyone being broke. Don't have to feel like everyone is going to WDW but you! ;)

We leave day after tomorrow. No way we are cancelling now. Plus we are planning on booking bounceback for Pop next year.

Yep, we booked our bounceback before we left last week. We really thought HARD about it! On the last day we just decided to do it and we bought the insurance and everything. IF things get really bad, we can always cancel. (However, that won't stop me from planning!)

We talked about cancelling our trip knowing we will be in the market for another car soon and not sure if we'd need to get a loan to do that. However, we ended up going this year and purposely didn't book bounceback knowing we need to reserve our finances over taking a Disney trip next year.

I have no regrets, at this point anyway. We really needed the trip, the together time, you can't really put a price on that.

We scaled back our trip. We were originally supposed to do a land/sea on the Wonder/Poly but opted for 5 nights on land at the Coronado instead. It was just too much to spend in these uncertain times.

We haven't made any changes to our vacation plans. We live very modestly in all other respects, but we do splurge a bit on vacation because it's very important to us.

We leave in 16 days for DW and will be their 11 days. We bought tickets back in March and with DVC it not costing that much. Eat some meals in room and using Magical Express makes it all affordable. Have put away some spending money and if you pack a few extra goodys you can get by pretty good. Sorry you had to cancel but family comes firsts.

NO WAY am I canceling our Dec trip.....we paid for this trip all year and it is the kids christmas present.We have it paid off and have spending money put away,and we are letting them go and have fun....it is their present so we are not buying a bunch off christmas presents...

We realize that we're very fortunate to be able to go next summer.
Sending a big load of pixie dust for magic to happen for all those who've had to cancel trips pixiedust:

I really feel sorry for those that can't afford to go and those that must cancel their trips because of the economy. This economy hasn't effected me yet, but all of a sudden I have friends and family members asking if my company is hiring. I'm starting to see many people I know losing their jobs.

I'm not canceling my Dec trip, but I've been very fortunate to be in a secure place. I might get flamed for this, but it seems some people might be taking the same attitude that brought our economy to where it is today. "Live for today, you don't know what tomorrow will bring."

Sure, I can get hit by a bus tomorrow. But the chances of that happening versus me living to retirement is very slim. I'd rather live for tomorrow and that's why I can afford to go in December. Everything I have today is because of hard work, being responsible and making sacrafices (smart choices). Nothing was ever given to me.

Just please be responsible. :goodvibes

I think I'd rather eat Ramen noodles for a month than cancell a Disney trip! That being said I am feeling a little guilty about the week we have planned at the Dominican Republic in Nov. Dh has been gone for he past 6 months, and we have been really looking forward to a big vacation- a week at Disney and at week in the Dominican Republic. Everything is already paid for, and we definately have the money, but I am just getting so concerned about the economy. We're going to have to move in April, and I'm not sure how long its going to take to rent or sell our house... ugg. I think we're still going to go through with both weeks of our vacation, but I'd definately cancel our all inclusive at the DR before I ever though of touching my Disney week. You have to have your priorities in order, right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter