Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

Just knocked out my cousin and her wife-to-be. I'd gotten them a Mrs. Compact and Ring Dish respectively, and a popcorn bucket off their wedding registry. Just bought a pack of mugs they had on their registry as well. Next time I'm at the grocery store I'll pick up some Cocoa and Popcorn and I'm done!

I also just spoke with my godson's mom and she said he's into Pokemon cards- easy peasy. I see Target is doing a black Friday deal on the tins, so maybe I'll wait for that if i don't see any good sales beforehand.

I'm diving towards the finish line here, folks! Just gotta pick up candy for Grandma, Ornament for Mom's Birthday, and a personalized item for mom for Christmas. I just want to be DONE so badly so I can enjoy the holidays and watch everyone else scurry around shopping with some cocoa in my hand. :santa:

What's the hot toy this year? Just getting started with the shopping. I picked up my DGS a FurReal Tyler Tiger for $40 at WalMart today.

Anybody's kids into squishies? Is there a good online option for them? Our mall (about an hour away and crazy traffic) has the best ones we have seen, very soft and "slow risers" my my DD8 really likes, but if I can avoid the mall, I will :) Just wondered if anyone knew of good ones online. My DD is also into LOL Suprrise dolls and that is her #1 thing, so I want to add a few more balls to my shopping as well, and that may about wrap her up from DH and I, and Santa.

I'm plugging along with my list for others. I keep a spreadsheet and I have ideas for a few people, so I need to get busy actually buying the stuff. MIL sent me some suggestions for her and her husband so that's another one I can knock out soon. I find our parents to be the hardest to buy for because they don't need anything, and if they want something, they tend to just go get it.

I'll probably sounds crazy, but I actually went ahead and wrapped my Christmas gifts last night (while waiting for the trick or treaters that never came). Surprised at how little I really still need. DS doesn't have as insane an amount as I thought he did, but I still think I'm pretty much done for him (or, at least, I'm not actively shopping for him anymore. I would like to get him a set of Duplos, but a few people have started asking me for ideas for him (and his birthday is also coming), so I think I may pass those off on someone else, since it's so hard to come up with ideas for him since he's only about a year old.

The only person for whom I wasn't sure was my godson, but he just started his wish list at Target. So far all he has n there is a nerf gun (and some accessories for it) and Battleship. I may need to ask his mom for more ideas if he doesn't expand his list. Otherwise, I think I'll get him the nerf gun with accessories. He also has a January birthday, so usually I ask his mom what on his list she hasn't gotten or couldn't find as Christmas approaches, and try to get one or two of those items.

Anyone have any good stocking stuffer ideas for babies? That's probably the only area where DS doesn't have a ton yet.
I'll probably sounds crazy, but I actually went ahead and wrapped my Christmas gifts last night (while waiting for the trick or treaters that never came). Surprised at how little I really still need. DS doesn't have as insane an amount as I thought he did, but I still think I'm pretty much done for him (or, at least, I'm not actively shopping for him anymore. I would like to get him a set of Duplos, but a few people have started asking me for ideas for him (and his birthday is also coming), so I think I may pass those off on someone else, since it's so hard to come up with ideas for him since he's only about a year old.

The only person for whom I wasn't sure was my godson, but he just started his wish list at Target. So far all he has n there is a nerf gun (and some accessories for it) and Battleship. I may need to ask his mom for more ideas if he doesn't expand his list. Otherwise, I think I'll get him the nerf gun with accessories. He also has a January birthday, so usually I ask his mom what on his list she hasn't gotten or couldn't find as Christmas approaches, and try to get one or two of those items.

Anyone have any good stocking stuffer ideas for babies? That's probably the only area where DS doesn't have a ton yet.
Board books, puffs/crunchies, small bath toys, yogurt melts, mummums, toothbrush, toddler silverware

I grabbed a few Big One throws at the Kohl's early Black Friday sale for Elite members today for DD18 to give to friends as Christmas presents. And a couple of sweaters for myself just happened to find their way into my cart too. I will get $5 Kohl's Cash for picking up some items at the store tomorrow, and I got another $5 because I hit the next reward payout - I'll use these next week during the Veteran's Day sale. I'm not sure on what just yet, but I'll find something!

I also bought a ridiculous amount of candy at the Amazon Prime Now "Chocolate Fire Sale" yesterday to stuff DDs stocking with. Everything was 75% off. All the extra (and there is a LOT extra) will get taken to work to feed the vultures LOL

this is a really good idea! I completely glossed over books as a stocking stuffer thinking they'd be too big (since I was picturing a picture book or something similarly sized) but looking at his bookshelf he has several little ones that would fit in a stocking, so I bet I could find a few that size. Thanks!

I love books as a stocking stuffer, Books a Million has some good items, I found some of those write on wipe off books, and the sorta will curl up and fit in nicely. As well some other small books, DD told me that DGS needs some more car books, which means small ones that he can manage in the car seat easily.

Anybody's kids into squishies? Is there a good online option for them? Our mall (about an hour away and crazy traffic) has the best ones we have seen, very soft and "slow risers" my my DD8 really likes, but if I can avoid the mall, I will :) Just wondered if anyone knew of good ones online. My DD is also into LOL Suprrise dolls and that is her #1 thing, so I want to add a few more balls to my shopping as well, and that may about wrap her up from DH and I, and Santa.

I'm plugging along with my list for others. I keep a spreadsheet and I have ideas for a few people, so I need to get busy actually buying the stuff. MIL sent me some suggestions for her and her husband so that's another one I can knock out soon. I find our parents to be the hardest to buy for because they don't need anything, and if they want something, they tend to just go get it.

If you have a flea market near you, we went to one last weekend and DD10 fell in love with $2 squishies. I'm sure they were knock off ones from China or wherever but there were a bunch of options, several slow risers and DD is still carrying around her narwhal telling everyone to feel how soft it is.

LOL surprise toys are on DD list. The huge one is $80 right now. Anyone have any idea if this will be on sale for Black Friday (or anytime)? I really don't want to have to spend $80 on a few little toys....

***EDIT- went ahead and used the target 25% off one toy coupon and got it for about $60. Pretty happy with that. No more having to hunt it down and no worrying it will sell out!

Last edited:
I finally made it to Target today after a week of trying to get there. I never did get the Toy Book which makes me mad since I pretty much shop there weekly. I pulled it up on the computer and the kids rounded out their birthday/Christmas lists.

Since the Video Game/Board Game/Movies/Books Buy 2 Get 1 free are mix and match I did three separate transactions so that I didn’t end up with only the cheap stuff knocked off.

Board Games-
Family Fued $14 (free)
Pictionary $20
Game of Life Quarter Life Crisis “Now With Crippling Debt!” (bought this for my grown DD, the captions are hysterical) $17

Video Games- all $38, 1 free
Overcooked 2
Hello Neighbor
Sims 4 Seasons

Movies-
I buy my kids movies for their stockings every year. Older DD mentioned on Halloween that she missed the Disney Channel playing the “Halloween Town” movies on Halloween. Well they had them at Target for $10, $7.50 and $5 so I grabbed them up. They’re also why I did my transactions separate.

I wanted to get books but they did not have any that were on my kids reading lists.

I also picked up younger DD a Lego set she put on her list that was on sale. I didn’t bother to try to use the toy coupon as Lego has been excluded in the past.

Last edited:
BJs online has $25.00 Duncan Donuts gift cards for $19.79. Perfect teacher's gifts. I ordered 6. Going to give them to my dd's teachers with a Keep Cup (a plastic re-useable coffee cup)! Limit is 3 per member but the system allowed me to place 2 separate orders with 3 GCs in each order! Too good of a deal to pass up!

Since the Video Game/Board Game/Movies/Books Buy 2 Get 1 free are mix and match I did three separate transactions so that I didn’t end up with only the cheap stuff knocked off.

great minds think alike:wave2: i did 3 separate on-line orders:

3 video games for ds-initialy saved $39.99 plus tax but with target giftcards from the last time i bought tp/paper towels on a promo deal i saved another $35:thumbsup2

3 blu ray/dvd combos-saved $17.99 plus tax

4 dvds/1 game-saved $6.87 plus tax (and some of those dvds were marked down to half price but still included in the promotion).

Picked up a couple of video games for my DD9 and Husband today. Amazon had a great deal on Just Dance 2018 ($26) and 2017 ($14). Picked up Star Wars Battlefront 2 at Best Buy for $14.99. It's not much, but it's a start. I've been eyeing some cute crossbody purses at Kohls for my daughter. I am hoping to catch a better deal on their Nutcracker and the 4 Realms merchandise. I took her to see the movie last nght and she is obsessed. She's also performing in the Nutcracker this year with our city ballet, so this year will be Nutcracker heavy! LOL. Still waiting on a better deal for Kirby Star Allies and Nintendo switch pro controllers for my boys. Other than that, they haven't given me much to go on. I have to get together family Christmas photo outfits by next weekend, so that'll be the priority this week. I'm already a bit overstimulated already! :P

Just paid full pop on Amazon for one of those stupid Pikmi Pop Flip things for DD. I never get caught out on the hot toys but I guess I did this year. The one she’d want is out of stock at Walmart and Target. It’s the ONE thing she keeps going on about. I didn’t want to take a chance so I sprang for it. She better love the damn thing. :rotfl:

On the bright side I was able to use the 25% Target coupon for the Ultra, Mega, Exlusive whatever it is Pokémon cards DS wanted.

Just about done with the small stuff.

I just ordered a Christmas ornament and a can koozie from Shutterfly. Best yet as Shutterfly is running a promo for 3 free items. (still had to pay shipping and tax) You can order the metal ornament, can koozie and a notebook all for free. They make decent quality stuff. They only let you order 1 of each item but that is 2 stocking stuffers out of the way. One for DH and the other for DS. I went through Ebates so I think I may get 1% of the shipping back.

LOL surprise toys are on DD list. The huge one is $80 right now. Anyone have any idea if this will be on sale for Black Friday (or anytime)? I really don't want to have to spend $80 on a few little toys....

The CVS ad has been leaked - looks like they will have the LOL "Big Surprise Ball" (with 50 items) for $50, starting Thanksgiving Day.

I started today! I went to Target to return a few items, and decided to browse. Found a Spider-Man and venom figures that stick to the wall and slide down, thought it be a cute stocking stuffer. I also bought a t-Rex mask...my son loves it when my nephew brings it over, so I thought I buy him his own. I also bought a Spider-Man figure that is his size, it talks, and throws his web...still need to buy him his bike and the accessories on that and whatever else I think of...as for the other child, we’ll i still need his list, but I know he’ll be mostly asking for gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter