• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Christmas shopping yet... continued...

cost plus world market has halloween items at 75% off-so any nightmare before christmas fans might want to make a trip. i grabbed a nice poster (they have 4 in the series) for $1.50.

Time for me to jump on the Christmas shopping bandwagon.

My BIL/SIL are getting my 6 year old nephew a switch for Christmas. Thrilled that I was able to find it for 20% off this week through a Google Express deal. Let them know and they bought it immediately for 239.99.

I'm getting him Mario Kart 8 and getting Splatoon 2 on behalf of my husband's grandmother for him. They run about 60.00 each. Luckily, they've been on sale for 45.00. I was able to sign my husband up for Google Express and use a new customer 25% off code and bought them through Best Buy. So total cost before tax was 33.75 each. As Nintendo keeps those games from being too discounted, I think that's the best I will do and I'm pretty happy since it is 44% off. I would definitely recommend looking at Google Express if you are trying to buy a non-discounted item. If you are a new customer, they regularly have 20% off codes and there is a 25% off one right now (max 30.00 off). They are basically a middle man that shop at places like Best Buy, Walmart, Costco, Target, etc... on your behalf.

My niece wants the Melissa and Doug vet set which is regularly about 30.00. My preliminary search shows that this one may be hard one to get a super discount on so I went ahead and bought it last night at Target using the 25% off toy coupon. So I save 7.50 plus my 5% Red card.

I also used the 25% toy coupon online (it works 1x both in the store and online) to buy the Maximus (Rapunzel) giant horse on behalf of my MIL for my niece. It was regulary 99.99 on sale for 89.99 and used 25% off so I got it for 64.12 before tax and after red card savings.

So all in all I'm starting off pretty well.

I am pretty much done. My husband and I decided not to exchange this year but we will probably give each other a little something. We are going to Disney from Jan 5th until the 12th after all.

We are flying our oldest daughter, her husband and two grandchildren down for February vacation so that is their present.

For our 5 year old granddaughter: She is just getting into Barbie, so I got her 5 with animals (she loves animals) and I will probably get her a little stocking with a few stocking stuffers.

For our 8 year old grandson: He has ADHD with anxiety and does not do will in groups. He loves to build things and collect coins and gems. I got him some stuff he can build and some gems.

For our 25 year old granddaughter: Money.

For our youngest daughter and her husband: Money.

From our kids we only ask for updated pictures. We can buy whatever we want. We moved from NH (2400 square feet) to FL (1250 square feet) and when we get something new, we need to get rid of something.

Went to Christmas bazaar at church today, bought some craft gifts for friends.

if anyone is into those foil wrapped chocolate oranges they have out for the holidays i found a cool alternative-the same company makes boxes of the same product but the individual 'orange' sections are all individually foil wrapped.

if anyone is into those foil wrapped chocolate oranges they have out for the holidays i found a cool alternative-the same company makes boxes of the same product but the individual 'orange' sections are all individually foil wrapped.

But the fun part is giving the "orange" a good whack on a table to separate the sections!:rotfl2:

I don't shop here often. Well, never I don't think. But Williams and Sonoma has 20% off a single item today with the code VOTE, plus free shipping. My MIL had Instant Pot Accessories on her suggestions so I ordered her one of the IP sauces exclusive to Williams Sonoma. Shipped to my door - and I can say she is officially started. I'll get some other inserts and things to go with it.

Maybe that code will help somebody with their shopping.

I am still shopping and I still don't have ideas for everyone on my list! I had planned to be done by now but my dad passing away at the end of August has thrown me way off kilter. I have no urge to do anything, much less shopping.

Cousin- Disney mug and ??? (she said she had an idea for me but she needed me to come over to explain it but scheduling that can be difficult)
Cousin's Hubby- Darth Vader blanket
Nephew (7)- Ornament, books, and toy but what I don't know yet
Nephew (5)- Ornament, books, and toy but what I don't know yet
Other cousin and her kids- Games and treat basket (I am not as close to them and can not afford to buy gifts for all of them)
Nephew (17)- Not sure on the status of this yet. I need to talk to my aunt as he just joined the military
Grandma- candles and fleece jacket
Aunt- I have zero ideas. Nothing. *sigh*
Uncle- SkinnyTaste Cookbook
Aunt- Ornament
Best friend- Harry Potter mug, Slytherin hat, and treats
Friend- Gryfindore Mug and treats
Friend- Hufflepuff Mug and treats
Friends of my dad's who have been there through all of this mess and even allowed me to stay at their guest house when traveling- Harry and David basket

Anyone have any ideas for a date night gift basket? DS's godfather recently got engaged and I wanted to make them a date night gift basket for Christmas. So far I have a popcorn bucket, hot cocoa, popcorn, a redbox code, and some movie theater box candy- any other ideas?

The only "gifts" I have left to get are a handful of gift cards for various family members.

I can't remember the last time I wasn't completely done Xmas shopping by this time.

Anyone have any ideas for a date night gift basket? DS's godfather recently got engaged and I wanted to make them a date night gift basket for Christmas. So far I have a popcorn bucket, hot cocoa, popcorn, a redbox code, and some movie theater box candy- any other ideas?

A warm, fuzzy blanket. Costco has some on sale right now if you're a member. Maybe some mini bottles of baileys for their hot cocoa if they drink?

A bottle of something to add to the hot cocoa, a gift certificate for a local restaurant so they can eat in. LOL just saw the above posters suggestion- definitely good ideas.

Maybe one of those Big One throws from Kohl's to snuggle up with and a nice candle?

**Apparently great minds think alike! :P Just saw the previous posts.

I placed an order with JCP on Sunday and received free shipping and an extra 25% off.
Ending today, they have an extra 60% off, gotta love JCP. Heck of a sale.
Last year I caught the extra 60% off and took some items back to the one remaining store in Wisconsin.
The clerk told me this is their best sale and everyone orders and returns items.

I'm doing the bulk of my shopping for my ds' on BF so I haven't made much progress.

My older ds has given me a few other ideas so I'm sighing with relief that he'll have actual gifts under the tree. Since he wants an Apple Watch he also wants a Spotify or Apple music subscription and wireless earbuds. Between those 3 things his Christmas budget will be pretty much spent.

My youngest keeps changing his list, now he wants wireless Beats as his big gift. I'm getting them on BF because the price is too good not too and I can return them if needed. I already got him a bluetooth speaker he said he wanted, not sure if I will still give it to him if he gets the Beats. He also said he may want a pair of sneakers. For the last I don't know how many Christmases his big gift has been a new release pair of Jordan's. They aren't always easy to get if they are one of the real popular ones. I've been lucky some years but unlucky others.

I keep grabbing little things for dd, she is basically done though.
Dh is done.
Just a couple more people and I'm officially done.

Soon it will be time to get the tree up and wrap everything! :santa:

Shopdisney is advertising a Disney princes subscription type box for those of you with kids. https://www.shopdisney.com/subscription/disney-princess-enchanted-collection
Oh man....if DD was just 12 years younger :rotfl2: But really - she had a super long Princess dress stage where if we were home, she was in a princess dress. This would have been perfect for her back then. I wouldn't have gotten it for her because I'm cheap and would have just picked up dresses for her as I found good sales but I know either her Aunt or her grandparents would have jumped at the chance for that as a gift for her! (Yes, they tended to overindulge....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter