Anyone else concerned about the crowd increase?

Does an increase in ride capacity have to translate to upset people? Could it mean using all tracks/vehicles, where they are not presently? And still going every other row, but allowing more than a single party per vehicle (ROTR)?

Shows can be sat every other row with spacing between parties

My questions are about decreasing wait times.

Will such increased ride capacity measures be possible and would they help?

Is FP+ even an option to implement with the current queue operation for physical distancing?

Will the new attraction openings help?

Will Disney be opening more restaurants - I hope so OR increasing restaurant capacity - I hope not.

People can say that “it’s not that crowded”, but as a non- local with one trip less than every year, the wait times ARE A BIG DEAL. Im a person who has used FP+ to advantage for every visit and reading about 60-90 minute waits is disappointing. It makes our family want FP+ to make it enjoyable. We have never waited longer than 30 minutes at the height of Spring Break. So picturing those waits on top of COVID concerns - we believe and wear masks - might be a dealbreaker.

if they could open more attractions n this manner
They are actually testing RotR with a plexiglass sort of divider. As for more vehicles on the track or the use of a second track, for example on SM, i have seen them add these options.
Im talking about people getting angry if they add capacity by sitting separate groups closer

They are actually testing RotR with a plexiglass sort of divider. As for more vehicles on the track or the use of a second track, for example on SM, i have seen them add these options.
Im talking about people getting angry if they add capacity by sitting separate groups closer
This is good to know as it should help. Thanks!

Seating strangers next to each other is not in compliance with the recommendation of physical distance so I can see why people wouldn’t be comfortable. In particular if reports of some people pulling down masks on rides have merit. I wouldn’t enjoy the ride worrying about the behavior of the person next to me.

I've been in the parks the past 7 days, and yes, crowds are an issue in Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, if you are concerned about that sort of thing. Specifically when guests are entering/ leaving the parks, around certain dining establishments, and at choke points. Also it is difficult to walk around in the middle of the day at either of those parks without being close to other people.

This is good to know as it should help. Thanks!

Seating strangers next to each other is not in compliance with the recommendation of physical distance so I can see why people wouldn’t be comfortable. In particular if reports of some people pulling down masks on rides have merit. I wouldn’t enjoy the ride worrying about the behavior of the person next to me.

same, I don’t mind crowds, but if people are not wearing masks at < 6ft by me, that’s a no-go.

Has there already been an increase? Are the parks still at 25% capacity?
Like PP said Disney didn't release opening percentage, so they could've opened at 50% or 30%.
In the beginning people weren't coming so they never hit capacity, now some weekends have seen all 3 ticket pools be completely full

Last edited:
Here now only time I felt uncomfortable in parks was MK walkway PP down to HM area. They have construction in front of SW, that queue then u hit the bathroom traffic Left side with PP queue stretching into, effectively closing the walkway to one side under Columbia house past the HM store.

DS is a zoo, plain & simple Won’t be back there until this situation is over.

lines for disney store on Thursday

08A3FDEB-786D-4723-AE84-E02AE696FC0B.jpeg

We’ve been going mostly weekdays. I’m at MK now and it’s definitely busier than the weekdays I was here.

You will encounter people eating and walking. Disney is policing the mask policy though. I was sitting on a bench near splash drinking water and a cm made sure I saw the sign she was carrying to mask up properly unless drinking or eating.

I sent them an email making this exact suggestion yesterday (among other things). It'd be super easy to do. Offer it at least in one or two areas of the park. They can have a sectioned off area, and once stationary, the family can take their masks off, photographer snaps the pic (6' away), and then they have to put them back on before moving out of the area. So please email them and make the same suggestion :)
What About the poor photographer?

I am concerned about the increasing numbers, not so much for our own safety, as we have already had Covid. I am concerned when I have paid more than $2000 for the four of us to have non-hopping, six day passes, and not only is there no fast pass, but the crowds and wait times are getting pretty bad. I hope Disney steps it up and assures us that we will have a great vacation considering ticket prices are not lower! If I was paying a hugely discounted price, say $1000 for the same tickets, my expectations would be greatly adjusted.

I am concerned about the increasing numbers, not so much for our own safety, as we have already had Covid. I am concerned when I have paid more than $2000 for the four of us to have non-hopping, six day passes, and not only is there no fast pass, but the crowds and wait times are getting pretty bad. I hope Disney steps it up and assures us that we will have a great vacation considering ticket prices are not lower! If I was paying a hugely discounted price, say $1000 for the same tickets, my expectations would be greatly adjusted.
In this case though you know that you aren't going to get the same experience for the same money. I would think if you aren't sure you are going to have a good time then you wouldn't pay for it. There are a lot of resources including Disney themselves that explain and show the differences. They never even said what percentage of crowds were being allowed to begin with. I don't think they have increased capacity I just think more people are going.

Left due to rain. Saw Mickey, Minnie, pirate, Pluto upon entering park, got on 2 attractions, saw 2 cavalcades, stopped at 3 photopass photographers and dapper dans in 3 hours time. Crowds were definitely increased. But it still felt less full than a not sold out Halloween party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter