Anyone else disappointed with the ABD brochure & DVD?

01Sweetpea

DIS Veteran
I received my ABD brochure & DVD last night. The brochure is beautiful to say the least, but the DVD was lacking at best. I really expected it to go into more detail about each of the available trips, possible excursions, maybe some video footage of actual vacations. Something more than a fluff piece.

DH & I are thinking about taking the kids on the Grand Canyon trip next year. I found more info on the ABD website than I did in the brochure & DVD.

I agree. The brochure was nice, and I did find it helpful, but the DVD - what a joke!! It was less than ten minutes long!! My son and I were so excited to watch it - we sat down for what we hoped to be an exciting "tour" of the options, and were shocked that after a few minutes - it was over!! Very bad advertising!!

I received mine last week. It came UPS so I was expecting something pretty special. The brochure is beautiful. No problem there. I was eager to watch the DVD though and I waited until I had a chance to sit down and enjoy. I got myself a cup of coffee, settled in my chair and glanced at the timer on the recorder...four minutes and fourteen seconds!! I almost did a spit take with my coffee. :teeth: The DVD was over before the coffee started to cool.

koobs said:
I received mine last week. It came UPS so I was expecting something pretty special. The brochure is beautiful. No problem there. I was eager to watch the DVD though and I waited until I had a chance to sit down and enjoy. I got myself a cup of coffee, settled in my chair and glanced at the timer on the recorder...four minutes and fourteen seconds!! I almost did a spit take with my coffee. :teeth: The DVD was over before the coffee started to cool.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Exactly what I felt. I cleaned the house, got popcorn, my diet coke, got my blanket, pop out the DVD, turn it on, and then 4 minutes later its done... :eek: what was that... Really why even promote about the DVD if theres nothing in it... :furious:

any I like the brochure alot. Still waiting for the 2008 dates and rates.

I concur with all the opinions stated above... My daughter and I were like .. "That's it ???" :sad2: :sad2:

I agree completely -- it was like a slightly long tv commercial. The website is much more informative. I don't know why they bothered to include the dvd!

My DVD never worked...I guess that I will not bother calling for a replacement.
We are eagerly awaiting the 2008 itinerary!

. . . last year! Last year's brochure sold us on Viva Italia and it was GORGEOUS!!!! This year they must have put the money into the production of that DVD . . . which is REALLY a bust! However, ABD is FANTASTIC!!!!! We had a brilliant time and are booked for London/Paris in October! Can't wait.

Lizardbeth, did you do a trip report? Would love to hear about it as we're booked on the Sept 30 trip to Italy...:cool1:

Lizardbeth, did you do a trip report? Would love to hear about it as we're booked on the Sept 30 trip to Italy...:cool1:

I know you didn't ask me :) but I wrote a *really* long trip report that was in three issues of the PassPorter newsletter. I don't have the link, but I think if you just google "dotti" and "viva italia" it will come up. Don't say I didn't warn you, though -- it's wordy!

Dotti

we received our dvd a few weeks ago and were equally unimpressed. One thing I noticed though, as they were quickly going through the tour options, closer to the end, there is a split second shot of elephants walking. I think this was an error because there were no safari or africa tours included or even mentioned. It was in the middle of some other tour highlight. It was over in a flash. Did anyone else catch it?:

I got my package UPS yesterday. Thought the brochure was very good but the dvd was nothing close to disney standards

WDWSOS,

I thought I replied to you and I never did. I'm so sorry. I loved your trip report and I just sent it to my mom to read as I'm going with her and my step dad on our Adventure by Disney tour. I am so excited. Your trip report helped to make me more excited! I still have so long to wait (which is good, gives me more time to save my money!) but am looking forward to everyone's trip reports that should be coming in soon with a new season just beginning. Thanks again for telling me about your trip report. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Ronny

Disappointed here also!!! My son was looking forward to viewing video, his comment after was..."Is that all?....
Looking forward to 2008 itenerary.:hourglass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter