Anyone Else Going on "Enchanted China"?

dingoballs

Mouseketeer
We're booked on the September 17, 2008, China adventure. It's an Adults Only trip, but that's coincidental. We chose that date because we wanted to visit China after the Summer Olympic Games (08-08-08 to 08-24-08). We've been on 2 ABDs with kids and both trips have been great fun.

So far, I haven't seen anyone going on the Enchanted China trip, which I find somewhat puzzling. Is anyone else booked on this Adventure?

We're booked on the September 17, 2008, China adventure. It's an Adults Only trip, but that's coincidental. We chose that date because we wanted to visit China after the Summer Olympic Games (08-08-08 to 08-24-08). We've been on 2 ABDs with kids and both trips have been great fun.

So far, I haven't seen anyone going on the Enchanted China trip, which I find somewhat puzzling. Is anyone else booked on this Adventure?

I booked two of my good friends on that one! It's a mother and daughter who have done quite a few AbD trips already, and the mother is also going on our trip to France in June! We met on the Viva trip and became really good friends, and have met up in Boston and WDW in between our AbDs together -- I adore them! I know that I don't know you at all, but I'm going to say it's a safe bet you'll love them as well. :)

Dotti

I booked two of my good friends on that one! It's a mother and daughter who have done quite a few AbD trips already, and the mother is also going on our trip to France in June! We met on the Viva trip and became really good friends, and have met up in Boston and WDW in between our AbDs together -- I adore them! I know that I don't know you at all, but I'm going to say it's a safe bet you'll love them as well. :)

Dotti

That's great, Dotti! I'm sure we'll love them too. We've kept in touch with fellow Adventurers from our previous AbDs as well.

By the way, what is the interest level for this China trip?

That's great, Dotti! I'm sure we'll love them too. We've kept in touch with fellow Adventurers from our previous AbDs as well.

By the way, what is the interest level for this China trip?

According to AbD, it's one of their best selling trips. I know the early booking discount was already gone when we booked this in early November. Personally, as an agent, I've only had three people ask and one party book. The other two had sticker shock.

I think I put in another thread that I've mostly sold AbD to people who have already done an AbD tour, because they have no doubts regarding the value of the trip. I'm a prime example, since the only "discount" I get is my commission back, and I'm booked for my third! My husband used to be one of those non-believers. :)

Dotti

According to AbD, it's one of their best selling trips. I know the early booking discount was already gone when we booked this in early November. Personally, as an agent, I've only had three people ask and one party book. The other two had sticker shock.

I think I put in another thread that I've mostly sold AbD to people who have already done an AbD tour, because they have no doubts regarding the value of the trip. I'm a prime example, since the only "discount" I get is my commission back, and I'm booked for my third! My husband used to be one of those non-believers. :)

Dotti

Thanks Dotti. I'm glad to hear it's one of their best selling trips. And I know what you mean about those "non-believers". I've seen other China tours operated by various companies that are less expensive, but for us, we're sold on Disney! Next year we're hoping to do Viva Italia & then maybe Australia, depending on what new itineraries are added in the next few years...

Do you think they will renew the Enchanted China for ABD next year?

I think it's too early to tell. It probably depends on how things go during this season. China is, after all, a Communist country with some major issues. If the tour encounters problems that cannot be resolved, this might be the one and only Enchanted China adventure...

If any of you did any of the Italian trips last year... the guide "Dusty" who was on several of those trips is going to be in China this year... so you may get to see him, again!

If any of you did any of the Italian trips last year... the guide "Dusty" who was on several of those trips is going to be in China this year... so you may get to see him, again!

That's great. How did you like Dusty? I heard he makes the Adventure even more fun...

That's great. How did you like Dusty? I heard he makes the Adventure even more fun...

Oh absolutely! He's just the best... He's been good to keep in touch since the trip, too. We've seen him twice at WDW since then!

Oh absolutely! He's just the best... He's been good to keep in touch since the trip, too. We've seen him twice at WDW since then!

That's awesome! We've also kept in touch with our guides from previous ABDs. Where does Dusty work at WDW? Do you have a pic of him?

We just booked Enchanted China for June 1 departure. :cool1:

It was the only time that had spots left for June and July. I am taking my 2 children, aged 9 and 12. Their school gets out June 2, so they're only missing the last day of school LOL.

We are very excited. The GP's live in Hong Kong and we plan to stay a few extra days after the tour to visit.

I really wanted to take this tour and was nervous about waiting until next year in case it wasn't offered again. I wish Disney had advertised their tours more and published their schedule earlier in the year. I had looked for a family friendly China trip over a year ago and didn't find one, so I booked another family-friendly trip to another location. THEN, I found out about ABD. I'm a DVC member and didn't find out about this trip until just before XMas. It took me a few months of hemming and hawing to switch to this trip. I lost some money on the cancellation of the other trip, but I think it will be well worth it.

I've been lurking here for a bit and am very impressed by how enthusiastic everyone is about ABD.

We just booked Enchanted China for June 1 departure. :cool1:

It was the only time that had spots left for June and July. I am taking my 2 children, aged 9 and 12. Their school gets out June 2, so they're only missing the last day of school LOL.

We are very excited. The GP's live in Hong Kong and we plan to stay a few extra days after the tour to visit.

I really wanted to take this tour and was nervous about waiting until next year in case it wasn't offered again. I wish Disney had advertised their tours more and published their schedule earlier in the year. I had looked for a family friendly China trip over a year ago and didn't find one, so I booked another family-friendly trip to another location. THEN, I found out about ABD. I'm a DVC member and didn't find out about this trip until just before XMas. It took me a few months of hemming and hawing to switch to this trip. I lost some money on the cancellation of the other trip, but I think it will be well worth it.

I've been lurking here for a bit and am very impressed by how enthusiastic everyone is about ABD.

We're very excited about this Adventure too! Even though this is a new destination for ABD, I'm fairly certain they won't disappoint. We went on 2 ABDs last year (Spirit of America & Southwest Splendors) and they were both FANTASTIC! The only puzzling part is that the itinerary doesn't include the Terra Cotta Warriors...

I'm glad you were able to book the June trip. We're booked on the last trip of the season (Sept 17). Will you post a trip report when you get back? We would LOVE to read about your experiences! :)

I'll be sure to check in when we return. After Hong Kong, we're staying about 9 days in Hawaii, so it might not be until late June before I can report. I'm especially excited about the trip to the panda breeding center and Beijing.

I had to go back and check about Xian not being on the itinerary. You're right! Hmm. I wonder why that is too... I did notice that the hotels in especially Beijing and Hong Kong seem to be top notch. Perhaps, they could not find a similar quality hotel in Xian where the staff spoke some English? Just a theory. Xian is usually included on most other tours of China.

I'll be sure to check in when we return. After Hong Kong, we're staying about 9 days in Hawaii, so it might not be until late June before I can report. I'm especially excited about the trip to the panda breeding center and Beijing.

I had to go back and check about Xian not being on the itinerary. You're right! Hmm. I wonder why that is too... I did notice that the hotels in especially Beijing and Hong Kong seem to be top notch. Perhaps, they could not find a similar quality hotel in Xian where the staff spoke some English? Just a theory. Xian is usually included on most other tours of China.

WoW, what a summer vacation! Your kids will probably have the best "what I did over summer" stories to tell when they go back to school. LOL

I think your theory about why we're not going to Xian makes good sense. I've also noticed that other tour companies include a boat cruise down the Yangtze River, which ABD doesn't. Oh well... at least we get a private tour of the panda research base. We're especially excited about that too!

That's awesome! We've also kept in touch with our guides from previous ABDs. Where does Dusty work at WDW? Do you have a pic of him?

Sorry for the delay.... we've been on vacation.

Dusty works in "entertainment," so you can find him lots of places... Here we caught him Thanksgiving weekend as Bert in the Stars and Motorcars parade. The other picture we met up with him at MNSSHP in October...

Sorry for the delay.... we've been on vacation.

Dusty works in "entertainment," so you can find him lots of places... Here we caught him Thanksgiving weekend as Bert in the Stars and Motorcars parade. The other picture we met up with him at MNSSHP in October...

Thanks Beth! btw, did you guys go on an ABD vacation?

I would like to take ABD China adventure but all that traveling would be to much for me i think.:confused3 In 2009 there is the World Championships
of Magic hosted there, however , even then i probally would not take a trip
just to see a convention. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter