• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else started Christmas shopping ?

I'm doing so much better this year than I usually do! We only ship out 1 box and it is ready to go about 3 weeks earlier than usual. Just need for father-in-law (any ideas?-he likes to sit in his recliner and watch youtube on his phone) and waiting for a list from sister-in-law. Then need to talk myself into running out for stocking stuffers.

Speaker(s) for when he needs something in the kitchen for example and doesn't have to stop listening and not walking around with his phone and other items?

I'm doing so much better this year than I usually do! We only ship out 1 box and it is ready to go about 3 weeks earlier than usual. Just need for father-in-law (any ideas?-he likes to sit in his recliner and watch youtube on his phone) and waiting for a list from sister-in-law. Then need to talk myself into running out for stocking stuffers.

A tablet so he has a bigger screen to watch?

I just discovered a pop up SEE’s Candy Store at local mall.
I purchased my own Xmas Candy Box from kids already wrapped for their convenience too. SEE’s wraps for every holiday. And their gold chocolate coins are actually good quality chocolate and real money coins on the outside (gold foil that looks like real coins ) . Santa will place them in the correct stockings hopefully. And a box of vanilla, butterscotch, coffee, lollipops assorted. So good
I love SEE’s

Is it sad that my See's order this year is big enough for free shipping on their website? LOL It saves me a trip at least - they have several shops locally, but all of them are a bit of a pain to either get to, or find parking. Or are at a mall - a mall after Thanksgiving **shudder**.....

I was planning to hit JoAnn's and Home Goods & Marshall, Ross and Old Navy, all of them had lines outside of the stores to wait to go in

Huh. DD20 works at Home Goods. She had a shift starting at Noon on BF - said it was pretty dead in her store!

Add me to the list of folks with Kohl's Cash and no idea what to spend it on. I only have $15 right now, but will be getting $10 more tomorrow in rewards. I'm kinda shopped out there - there's not much else I need, but I'm sure I'll find something to buy....

Otherwise, I didn't buy much this weekend, and I'm not really even looking at the sales today. Mostly I'm just watching packages - had one stolen Thanksgiving evening literally 4 minutes after it was delivered, the security camera caught it. They must have been following the delivery van or something. Well, those folks got 2 lovely cases of prescription cat food - probably not the haul they were hoping for LOL It would help if the delivery people would just knock if they are going to drop a package at the front door out in plain site - I don't even need them to stay until I answer, just knock so I know there's a package to get. We were home for Pete's sake. There is one smaller delivery company that is the main issue in that regard for me (the others will generally drop packages at the back door). Of course, now I have 2 other packages coming via them so I am super paranoid - especially since one of them is DD20s new phone. But on that one, the Google Store screwed up and reused a tracking number, so the tracking is all messed up and I've spent 2 days going back and forth with Google and the Delivery service trying to figure out just what is going on with the package. Ah, the joys of holiday shipping! That's put me off wanting any more packages LOL

Just need for father-in-law (any ideas?-he likes to sit in his recliner and watch youtube on his phone) a

Headphones so others can't interrupt his watching? (I honestly got my father some one year when he was alive because my nephews would come over and "be too loud for him to hear the TV". He got a bit cranky those last few years....)

Add me to the list of folks with Kohl's Cash and no idea what to spend it on. I only have $15 right now, but will be getting $10 more tomorrow in rewards. I'm kinda shopped out there - there's not much else I need, but I'm sure I'll find something to buy....

Buy some socks, towels or blankets and give them to a homeless shelter. Or some toys for a toy drive. Every year on Black Friday, I buy blankets for an animal shelter in New Orleans (I love that Kohls will ship them to the shelter directly). Then I use the Kohls Cash to buy items for some local charities. It makes me feel good that I can stack discounts/shop smart and do a lot of good.

I spent my $15 Kohls cash toward a new pair of jeans and then today got $10 more. I didn't think about getting my monthly rewards. I wish I had waited on the jeans and then I could have gotten them for free with the second $10. The $10 monthly though, is good until Dec. 31, so there is no hurry to spend that one.

Anyone have any ideas for stocking stuffers that are not gift cards? I am having trouble for my 14 year old son. He’s getting gift cards and cash as gifts as his birthday just passed in November and received clothes and shoes.

Anyone have any ideas for stocking stuffers that are not gift cards? I am having trouble for my 14 year old son. He’s getting gift cards and cash as gifts as his birthday just passed in November and received clothes and shoes.
my son at that age really got into card games. If you do not already have it Monopoly Deal is a fantastic card game, we still play it as a family and my kids are early twenties. It is based on the regular game but it is a fast moving card version. The package isnt that big, I think it could fit into a regular stocking.

Another card game that we LOVE is called Sushi Go

If he doesn't have a phone/computer cord saver yet, they are a fun little item

my son at that age really got into card games. If you do not already have it Monopoly Deal is a fantastic card game, we still play it as a family and my kids are early twenties. It is based on the regular game but it is a fast moving card version. The package isnt that big, I think it could fit into a regular stocking.
View attachment 541557

View attachment 541558

View attachment 541559

Headphones, beef jerky, magazine, silly handheld game, wallet, small flashlight, favorite snacks, lottery scratch offs, socks, comic book, Hot chocolate bomb, rolled up T-shirt, beanie hat

Our Christmas stocking tradition includes a large Toblerone and a pack of Ferrer Rocher candies. These things are the first consumed each year. DH gets these, too. (It's tradition for me to pick these up in duty free when I travel to give to them, too.)

My DS usually gets a pair of fun socks. His are typically from Vineyard Vines that I pick up over the course of the year when they are on sale. This year, he is getting a tube of charcoal toothpaste and a funky ramen that I picked up in Home Goods.

Boys your DS' age seem to be starting to like Axe body spray, but I wouldn't get that, because it will be unpleasant for your sense of smell. lol

Amazon has face masks that have Santa beards on them and they are only $7.99 for 2 of them. Even if they are worn around the house on Christmas Day for fun and photos, it's worth the $8, IMO.

I always put some nice smelling body wash/spray or cologne in stockings for my boys. Not AXE!
Charging cables, earbuds (for my one ds who doesn't have airpods), favorite candy and snacks.
phone case
shower speaker
Bondic
USB drive
Hand sanitizer
poo-pouri
wallet
novelty items
sneaker balls (for smelly sneakers)
sneaker cleaning kit
basketball socks (or funky ones)

I need one more gift for dd14. She's very into min puzzle games but I think she owns them all! Any ideas?

View attachment 541557

View attachment 541558

View attachment 541559
Thank you. He loves monopoly so I will definitely take a look at that and the other card game. Didn’t even know those existed (cord saber) I will look into those. So cute!

Headphones, beef jerky, magazine, silly handheld game, wallet, small flashlight, favorite snacks, lottery scratch offs, socks, comic book, Hot chocolate bomb, rolled up T-shirt, beanie hat
He loves hot chocolate, will include that. I already include his favorite chips. I rarely let him eat those if I have to buy them, so he enjoys them more around Christmas.

Our Christmas stocking tradition includes a large Toblerone and a pack of Ferrer Rocher candies. These things are the first consumed each year. DH gets these, too. (It's tradition for me to pick these up in duty free when I travel to give to them, too.)

My DS usually gets a pair of fun socks. His are typically from Vineyard Vines that I pick up over the course of the year when they are on sale. This year, he is getting a tube of charcoal toothpaste and a funky ramen that I picked up in Home Goods.

Boys your DS' age seem to be starting to like Axe body spray, but I wouldn't get that, because it will be unpleasant for your sense of smell. lol

Amazon has face masks that have Santa beards on them and they are only $7.99 for 2 of them. Even if they are worn around the house on Christmas Day for fun and photos, it's worth the $8, IMO.
I will look into something else then Axe. Having flashy with my nephews wearing that. I will look into the face masks. We aren’t going anywhere and looking into making it a fun night!

I always put some nice smelling body wash/spray or cologne in stockings for my boys. Not AXE!
Charging cables, earbuds (for my one ds who doesn't have airpods), favorite candy and snacks.
phone case
shower speaker
Bondic
USB drive
Hand sanitizer
poo-pouri
wallet
novelty items
sneaker balls (for smelly sneakers)
sneaker cleaning kit
basketball socks (or funky ones)
he definitely needs poo-pouri. Lol. These are all so good suggestions. Thank you! I wouldn’t have thought about the sneaker balls.

thank you all!!! I am off to search for these items. Definitely saving these suggestions for future references as well!

I need one more gift for dd14. She's very into min puzzle games but I think she owns them all! Any ideas?
Does she already have Blokus? It’s a strategy game that is fun for all ages. The goal is to get rid of your pieces on the board by only linking them by their corners. I’ve bought this for all of my nieces and nephews after we played it.

Does she already have Blokus? It’s a strategy game that is fun for all ages. The goal is to get rid of your pieces on the board by only linking them by their corners. I’ve bought this for all of my nieces and nephews after we played it.

Great suggestion! She does not have Blokus. I ordered it from Target. Thanks for your help!

Otherwise, I didn't buy much this weekend, and I'm not really even looking at the sales today. Mostly I'm just watching packages - had one stolen Thanksgiving evening literally 4 minutes after it was delivered, the security camera caught it. They must have been following the delivery van or something. Well, those folks got 2 lovely cases of prescription cat food - probably not the haul they were hoping for LOL It would help if the delivery people would just knock if they are going to drop a package at the front door out in plain site - I don't even need them to stay until I answer, just knock so I know there's a package to get. We were home for Pete's sake. There is one smaller delivery company that is the main issue in that regard for me (the others will generally drop packages at the back door). Of course, now I have 2 other packages coming via them so I am super paranoid - especially since one of them is DD20s new phone. But on that one, the Google Store screwed up and reused a tracking number, so the tracking is all messed up and I've spent 2 days going back and forth with Google and the Delivery service trying to figure out just what is going on with the package. Ah, the joys of holiday shipping! That's put me off wanting any more packages LOL
You could always use the Kohl's Cash to purchase items to donate. Clothing, socks, bedding, toys and even small home appliances would be some ideas. Happy Holidays!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter