Anyone from Canada get the 40% off code yet?

TinkerBelle_325

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

I was wondering if any Canadians have received an email or postcard with the 40% off code. I'm from Toronto and got the code last year, but as far as I remember, it was through snail mail and I got it around the first week in Feb. Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I got the one last year too.. but so far nothing this year.. I Actually can use it this time and I don't have it yet! I REALLY want it too.. I get lots in my email but when I can use it I don't have it.. GO FIGURE! lol

Never ever received one before but I always have my fingers crossed :)

I got the one last year too.. but so far nothing this year.. I Actually can use it this time and I don't have it yet! I REALLY want it too.. I get lots in my email but when I can use it I don't have it.. GO FIGURE! lol

You get lots of discount codes from WDW?

I have signed up for everything I can find online and have never gotten so much as a newsletter. Is there something I've missed. I would almost kill for a 40% off or something this year. We're going for 2 weeks and all I could get was 10% off with my CAA card.

yes I do get them allot.. but so far nothing with this new code.

I was going to ask the same question! I got the code last year, but nothing so far this year.

I just looked up last years 40% off and it was sent on January 17th at 12:20 pm... so I will keep checking!

You get lots of discount codes from WDW?

I have signed up for everything I can find online and have never gotten so much as a newsletter. Is there something I've missed. I would almost kill for a 40% off or something this year. We're going for 2 weeks and all I could get was 10% off with my CAA card.

I agree....I too have signed up for what I thought was everything, and I have been 6 times, yet no codes have ever been sent to me....I always figured it was because they never sent to the west of Canada, but then after reading your post, and seeing where you're from, I guess that theory is thrown out the window.

We got the 40% code last year through snail mail. No mouse ears in the mail yet this year.

Was this code just for tickets or did you have to stay on property as well?

The codes are for WDW hotel rooms only (not tickets). Occassionally, a discount code becomes available that will include a WDW discounted room + tickets (aka package deal).

Thanks for your reply, friends of mine are almost to the booking stage and I thought this would be great for them. Oh well....

I've heard rumors that the 40% off applies to more than just the room. But i'm not sure if that is true. The code I used last year applied to room only.

By the looks of it, this code hasn't been made available to Canadians yet. Don't lose faith though, i have a feeling that in the next week or two it will be sent out to Canadians. Just look at the pattern.

1st week in Jan = Florida residents
2nd week in Jan = US residents
then 3rd week in Jan should be Canadians.

You know that is a good point.. Last year I got it the 3rd week of Jan.. so it may just follow that pattern this year as well.
Lets keep our fingers crossed!

I've heard rumors that the 40% off applies to more than just the room. But i'm not sure if that is true. The code I used last year applied to room only.

By the looks of it, this code hasn't been made available to Canadians yet. Don't lose faith though, i have a feeling that in the next week or two it will be sent out to Canadians. Just look at the pattern.

1st week in Jan = Florida residents
2nd week in Jan = US residents
then 3rd week in Jan should be Canadians.

I hope to get this email also. :cool1:

When was last year's 40% Canadian code good for? (when would your booking have to be for in order to apply it?)

It applied for multiple time periods throughout the year. This years postcard covers:

Jan 6th - 17th
Jan 20th - 31st
Feb 24th - Mar 5th
Mar 30th - Apr 8th
Aug 10th - Sept 27th
Oct 19th - Nov 1st
Nov 9th - 15th
Dec 7th - 17th

Must be booked by March 31st 2008. Last years code had to be booked by March 31st as well.

I got the email last year... hopefully I'll get one again this year!! FINGERS CROSSED!! :banana:

So I called disney again this morning, no luck on the 40% off code. However, I was told that there was a code that expired on Dec 22nd/07 attached to my household. So I'm *really* hoping and praying that it means we are on the "code list" LOL. We did get the 40% last year, and there was a code associated with my household recently...so wish me luck and pixie dust :wizard: that we get the 40% off.

Just a reminder, no canadians have received the 40% off YET. Do not lose faith because any canucks that got it last year (like me) have said that it was the 3rd week of Jan to the end of Jan. Let's all keep our fingers crossed! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter