Anyone from Canada get the 40% off code yet?

I got the email last year... hopefully I'll get one again this year!! FINGERS CROSSED!! :banana:

I just looked up last years 40% off and it was sent on January 17th at 12:20 pm... so I will keep checking!

For those of you who got the code last year by email, what did the subject line say? I just want to keep my eyes open for it & am concerned it will hit my bulk folder.

The subject line was "A special Walt Disney World Resort offer inside" from Disney Destinations you can't miss it!!

Looking forward to see if we get one too!! That would be great!! Fingers crossed for everyone!!

This gives me hope! :yay:
I was begining to wonder if it was a US Residents Only thing.

Thanks

Last year, I got my postcard with the discount pin on it too. I only started getting those postcards after I had gotten an AP and DDE card in 2005 when we went to WDW. That obviously put me on their mailing list.:yay:

My family was actually in a disney promotional video in 2003. We had to give them our mailing info when we were asked to be part of the video and we've been getting codes ever since.

I got the code last year for the very first time. I don't recall signing up for anything "Disney" new. I have have an account on disneyworld.disney.go.com, disney.ca and family.go.com sites - they are the only Disney affliated sites I'm aware of that I belong to. Oh, and I've stayed onsite at WDW before and have ordered the planning DVDs. I'm not sure if there is a connection with email generated codes - I'm assuming they would get the email for an online source - but I got mine in the mail and I do not belong to anything Disney related that is strictly by mail (other than my hotel stays at WDW and ordering the DVD).

Still hoping...

I tried something that I hope will help, or else it will put me on their itshay list.

I booked a full package ressie on the phone this afternoon.

I called back just before CRO closed tonight and cancelled - the reason I gave was that I had forgotten that since I am a CAA member, I can at least get the 20% room discount (value season, value resort) applied to a full package with dining, but only if I book directly through them and not Disney.

However, I also said that I'm really hoping for free dining again, and since I can book that through CAA too, the only way I would wind up going direct to Disney's reservations in the near future would be if they sent any Canadians (well, me anyway) the current 40% code that's going around the U.S. - since for the package we want, a 40% discount but paying for dining is only $50 more than the same package with Free Dining. So, I'll be happy to use either, but the only one that would make me call Disney directly is the 40%. I was very clear about that.

The CM said he had heard of that code, but that it wasn't showing up under my account. I said that's fine - I'll keep hoping and just hold off booking the vacation until I get either free dining or 40% - and if it gets to be late April and I get neither, we'll either book a CAA package or wait a year as originally planned.

Hope this helps!

I have never seen any snail mail or email codes! I will keep my fingers crossed though!!

I'm crossing my fingers for a code as well, out of curiosity, how much/when do you need to put down a deposit when booking through Disney, and how much is nonrefundable if you have to cancel?

Hi there. I'm new to the forum but have been a 'lurker' for a long time! Am in the planning stages now for a trip later this year. Can someone please fill me in on how to get this special code? 40% off a Disney Resort would be amazing!
Thanks very much in advance.:goodvibes

Hi there. I'm new to the forum but have been a 'lurker' for a long time! Am in the planning stages now for a trip later this year. Can someone please fill me in on how to get this special code? 40% off a Disney Resort would be amazing!
Thanks very much in advance.:goodvibes

Sometimes Disney will send out special "codes" by email or snail mail to some people. Last year a lot of us Canadians got one and it was good for 40% off resorts during certain periods throughout the year. These codes are nontransferable - only the person who received it can use it. Sometimes public codes are available and they are always listed on mousesavers.com or if you go into the Disney Resorts board there is a thread in there titled Codes and Rates that will list them.

I got it this past fall, and added it to my upcoming March trip, but I think it was for 30% off. My package without the discount was $3200, and am now paying $2300. That's with room, hoppers and the DDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter