Anyone heard about return of Platinum no PAT benefit returning?

tigerchic89

Mouseketeer
Has there been an update of this benefit returning? My upcoming cruise is out of Galveston, I have a late PAT and I wonder how strict PAT enforcement is there.

Thanks for the email address. I just sent them a 2nd email, and this time I included the extra info that my "new" cruise line, with whom I have cruised 3x this past year, gives me boarding group 1 as part of my "status" with them and I hoped that DCL would also resume perks to its loyal customers. I'm sure they don't gaf, but I tried. I'm tired (literally) of staying up late at night twice for each cruise to get Palo brunch, cabana, excursions... and then to check in for princesses and a PAT... I love DCL but TWO midnight-2am checkins is out of control ....

I really don’t see that coming back for Platinum, maybe Pearl. DCL simply has too many platinums (including all the young adults who became platinum as kids), and DCL unlike other cruise lines seems to have a disproportionate number of people who really want to be on board as early as possible.

Give it to Pearl and let everyone else pick a time
No. I understand they might need to change the perk, but taking a perk away without a suitable replacement is a slap in the face to their most loyal Platinum cruisers.

I can see a compromise, where Pearl can get whatever boarding time they want, even if it is full. Platinum's need a slot in a boarding time like everyone else, but then let Platinum check-in a day or 2 before everyone else to give them an opportunity to still get an early time without staying up to midnight. because you know that is what everyone does now...it's a cattle call on the website at midnight.

But taking a perk away without replacing it with SOMETHING is not right.

Thanks for the email address. I just sent them a 2nd email, and this time I included the extra info that my "new" cruise line, with whom I have cruised 3x this past year, gives me boarding group 1 as part of my "status" with them and I hoped that DCL would also resume perks to its loyal customers. I'm sure they don't gaf, but I tried. I'm tired (literally) of staying up late at night twice for each cruise to get Palo brunch, cabana, excursions... and then to check in for princesses and a PAT... I love DCL but TWO midnight-2am checkins is out of control ....
Done more than two midnights this year, we have 28 cruises under our belt (been cruising since DCL started)….and then half the time u cant get into the site.

No. I understand they might need to change the perk, but taking a perk away without a suitable replacement is a slap in the face to their most loyal Platinum cruisers.

I can see a compromise, where Pearl can get whatever boarding time they want, even if it is full. Platinum's need a slot in a boarding time like everyone else, but then let Platinum check-in a day or 2 before everyone else to give them an opportunity to still get an early time without staying up to midnight. because you know that is what everyone does now...it's a cattle call on the website at midnight.

But taking a perk away without replacing it with SOMETHING is not right.
I would be fine with platinum check in day being at like, 35 days or something vs 30 for everyone else if they are going to keep check in at 30 days.

Or just move it back to opening day for excursions etc, so platinum gets it at 120 days.

I would be fine with platinum check in day being at like, 35 days or something vs 30 for everyone else if they are going to keep check in at 30 days.

Or just move it back to opening day for excursions etc, so platinum gets it at 120 days.
I like the idea of moving online check-in back to coincide with activity booking, still tiered by Castaway Club level. Moving it up to 30 days before sailing when vaccination information was being collected and when there were a lot of "late" cancellations made sense. Now that vaccination information isn't being collected and the cancellation policies have nearly returned to what they were 3 years ago, there's less need to separate the two processes.

If DCL is concerned that this would prevent lower-level guests from ever getting early arrival times, they could hold back some slots in the early arrival times and open them again when each tier of bookings opens. Then everyone has a chance at getting the times they want, but higher level guests still have a benefit (and can log back in to look for new times if they really want to).

I really don’t see that coming back for Platinum, maybe Pearl. DCL simply has too many platinums (including all the young adults who became platinum as kids), and DCL unlike other cruise lines seems to have a disproportionate number of people who really want to be on board as early as possible.
The young adults who became platinum as kids still has someone paying for those cruises and their status has been earned. I just don't understand why they are different? Does that mean that if a parent/friend/relative paid for an adult's cruise it shouldn't count towards their status?

The young adults who became platinum as kids still has someone paying for those cruises and their status has been earned. I just don't understand why they are different? Does that mean that if a parent/friend/relative paid for an adult's cruise it shouldn't count towards their status?
I didn't read that as a comment on how someone got Platinum status. Just a comment on how many of us there are.

I didn't read that as a comment on how someone got Platinum status. Just a comment on how many of us there are.
Fair! Maybe I'm sensitive as we had a couple on a recent cruise mention our kids being platinum in a negative light, like it was a gift and didn't come at our cost.

This was the reply that I received. The previous response that I received said something like "we're deciding when we can bring it back....."... this time no reference to that..... I also agree that it seems that Platinum will not be getting that perk back. I would also be happy if I could just pick an early PAT when I do my cruise check in, ..... 1 midnight check in per cruise is enough!!!!

Thank you for your email.

We ask that all Guests arrive during their designated Port Arrival Time, any Guest that arrives early may be asked to leave and return.

Your thoughtfulness in sharing your observations with ways we can improve our Platinum Castaway Club members pre-cruise experience is much appreciated.

Input from our Guests is a valuable tool in determining ways we can make their visits more convenient and enjoyable. This is very important to us, as we are committed to offering a cruise experience that meets the Disney standards of excellence and provides the type of magical vacation our Guests have come to expect.

Although we may not have an opportunity to provide any feedback, please be assured, your thoughts will be shared with management.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

Have a Wonderful Day.

Tracy
Shoreside Guest Services Associate

I think part of the problem is the buses from WDW now run earlier than they use to with no PAT needed. PAT’s were never required when using Disney transportation.
If they move the buses back to a later time this would open earlier PAT’s.
But the problem with moving the buses later is that many people complained about the buses picking up so late.
So who does Disney please??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter