Anyone won DVC so far?

That's really a surprize about them being able to pay the taxes. I'm surprised that the taxes somehow aren't considered a gift or prize. I guess Disney found a way. Lucky you!!

In the YOAMD, Disney pays the taxes on all prizes over $600.

Disney has on their website the winners for Dreams, but it hasn't been updated in a very long time. I think if you write to Disney and ask for the list of winners, they have to give you.

2007 winners are posted because is 2008. Winners will be posted in April of 2009.

As well as the transfer fees if we wish to use the points anywhere else.....I was billed $800 for dues about 1 month after we won. I called member services, and they apologized, and poof, no dues...

As my guide said, this is a TOTALLY FREE PRIZE, for you and your family to enjoy Disney FREE for 47 years.

I pay airfare and food....Plus, I will probably spend the $90,000 back at Disney over the years :rotfl2:

AWESOME!!!! Too bad they didn't give you AP"S too! Just Kidding! I would love that prize!

AWESOME!!!! Too bad they didn't give you AP"S too! Just Kidding! I would love that prize!

I seem to recall that when the DVC was very new and just being offered there was a free AP until 2000 I believe. I know a little off the subjuct but FYI. It would be a nice add on now (for a few years of ownership not forever)!!

I seem to recall that when the DVC was very new and just being offered there was a free AP until 2000 I believe. I know a little off the subjuct but FYI. It would be a nice add on now (for a few years of ownership not forever)!!

True that would be a good perk,for a few years!

So I'm just wondering....how many postcards did you mail in?
Is the time to mail those in for this year over?

Congrats on that win!!!

i think the winner will be picked on December 15 - that way i'll be there to collect my prize in person!:laughing:

So I'm just wondering....how many postcards did you mail in?
Is the time to mail those in for this year over?

Congrats on that win!!!

2 envelopes a day...one in each name, for about 4 months....stopped after winning lanyards, then started in December again until June.

do you have an address or the website to get the address so I can start mailing postcards?

DISNEY DREAM GIVEAWAY
PO BOX 8650
ELMHURST IL 60126

I turn the card sideways and write
name
address
town, state zip
phone #
DOB

DISNEY DREAM GIVEAWAY
PO BOX 8650
ELMHURST IL 60126

I turn the card sideways and write
name
address
town, state zip
phone #
DOB

Now, this was for 2007....I printed labels for envelopes, with the PO BOX and City/State.

The kids put the labels on envelopes. I used a business card maker program and printed our names and addresses and put one in each envelope. I did not use a return address, and used disney stamps, and mailed 1 in my name and 1 in Jessicas every day, except Sundays....

They are. Its a totally free prize. They even sent me $25,000 to pay state and federal taxes. Even my fees if I use the points outside of Disney are paid.

In other words, this prize is TOTALLY FREE.

I'm so happy for you and your family!! Wow - you definitely should have won given all the hard work you put into it!

We were the last winners for 2007. We won the DVC membership, by sending in postcards. It was, and is still an amazing dream come true!! We won in March, went in May, it was incredible, going again this december, next may and december again.........

As for the poster about the taxes...Disney sent me a $25,000 check to cover the taxes....Its a totally free prize!!!!

OMG that's amazing!

We were the last winners for 2007. We won the DVC membership, by sending in postcards. It was, and is still an amazing dream come true!! We won in March, went in May, it was incredible, going again this december, next may and december again.........

As for the poster about the taxes...Disney sent me a $25,000 check to cover the taxes....Its a totally free prize!!!!

Interesting...:confused3 :cool1: :goodvibes

That's really a surprize about them being able to pay the taxes. I'm surprised that the taxes somehow aren't considered a gift or prize. I guess Disney found a way. Lucky you!!

It is a gift or prize and you pay tax on the original gift and the "extra" they are giving you for taxes.

Lets say you were in a 20% income tax bracket and they gave you $100,000.

You would owe 20% of the $100k which is $20,000. They give you and extra $25,000 to pay the taxes on what is now $125,000. 20% of $125,000 is $25,000.

They gave you $125,000 and you pay $25,000 in taxes leaving you with the original $100,000 that you won and you are not out of pocket any money for the taxes.

What is your home resort that you won? This is sooo coool! Did you win an unlimited amount of points? We just bought into DVC and are excited to be able to use it! Congratulations on your wonderful win!!

It is a gift or prize and you pay tax on the original gift and the "extra" they are giving you for taxes.

Lets say you were in a 20% income tax bracket and they gave you $100,000.

You would owe 20% of the $100k which is $20,000. They give you and extra $25,000 to pay the taxes on what is now $125,000. 20% of $125,000 is $25,000.

They gave you $125,000 and you pay $25,000 in taxes leaving you with the original $100,000 that you won and you are not out of pocket any money for the taxes.

said the $25K covers me in my bracket...Disney gives you enough money if you are in the higher tax bracket.

What is your home resort that you won? This is sooo coool! Did you win an unlimited amount of points? We just bought into DVC and are excited to be able to use it! Congratulations on your wonderful win!!

Our home is Saratoga, and we have 220 points a year....its amazing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter