AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I highly recommend using Online Chat instead of calling. I called, waited on hold for over 30 minutes, then opened a chat session while continuing to wait on the phone. I was able to connect with a representative over chat within 15 minutes, ask several questions, and then cancel my pass. When the chat was finished, I was STILL waiting on hold on the phone.

I am very curious to get an update regarding your WPAPs.
My daughter and her husband have one and there has been no contact from Disney.
I enquired what the deal was re water park passes (as the parks hadn’t reopened yet,etc) on the phone when I was cancelling the three gold passes for the kids, and the Cast Member said that they didn’t have any clear directives yet, but they were cancelling them when requested in any event. When I got off the call, I had received 8 more of the “Confirmation of your Annual Pass Selection” emails (3 for the kids gold passes, and 5 more for our 5 water park passes), so we will see what happens...

Can't believe they shortened Theme Park hours for September (and likely beyond). I've been trying to be understanding and patient, but this cuts even more into local APs' ability to go after work :(

At least they announced it before August 11th so that for those who feel like this is the last drop can still cancel.

So do you have to decide by Aug 11th no matter what day your original pass was set to expire?

Some in our group have just requested the refund because our passes will expire before we will use them again. There is one person who started their AP much later than the rest of us. They first activated in Nov 19. Their pass now extends in April 21. There is a chance we will go in late March/early April of 21, but we need to see how things go with the virus. Do this person need to make a decision now? From what I am reading yes, but to my knowledge the person has not gotten an email from Disney about it (no one in our group has).

I will not know by 11 August whether or not the U.K./US will lift the travel bans/restrictions in time for my October trip. One option may be to opt for the refund but buy US WDW park tickets through my US TA and link them on MDE before I ask for the refund, so that I keep my existing APRs. Are ordinary US bought WDW park tickets refundable or postponable?

I will not know by 11 August whether or not the U.K./US will lift the travel bans/restrictions in time for my October trip. One option may be to opt for the refund but buy US WDW park tickets through my US TA and link them on MDE before I ask for the refund, so that I keep my existing APRs. Are ordinary US bought WDW park tickets refundable or postponable?

Do you mean dining reservations?

I thought all dining reservations made before the shut down were cancelled, and had to be rebooked at 60 days out?

And anyway, tickets or passes are not required when booking dining.

Do you mean dining reservations?

I thought all dining reservations made before the shut down were cancelled, and had to be rebooked at 60 days out?

And anyway, tickets or passes are not required when booking dining.
No, sorry, advanced park reservations.

We are DVC Gold AP and like many here, have been trying to figure out the exact amount of refund we'd receive if we cancelled. We have yet to receive any refund, for either the closure period or the remaining cancellation of our passes.

After several emails to several departments I actually received an email yesterday stating the exact amount of refund we will receive. The email which came from a VIP Passholder desk castmember said we will receive a refund of $431.76 per pass. Our initial passes were activated Nov 9 and we got around 11 or 12 days use out of it. Even though we requested a cancellation and refund our passes have been extended twice to now expire April 5. Our initial cost was $609 + tax. They did not specify, but I am assuming this refund encompasses the closure period + remaining cancellation.

Now obviously I'm skeptical I will actually receive $431.76, but if so I am surprised it's that much. It seems like those calculations did not take into account our usage.

I read someone mention something about Chapek talking about APs recently? Anyone know what that was about?

Has anyone speculated on what’s to become of future APs? Will they even offer them again? Continue the renewal option for existing APs only? Like a grandfather clause?

If I ride this out and don’t cancel and they come out with a better (cheaper) AP deal I’ll be upset. I’m still trying to decide if I should cancel these passes and apply the refund to new ones later, but not really knowing what I’ll get back is making this extremely difficult.

We are DVC Gold AP and like many here, have been trying to figure out the exact amount of refund we'd receive if we cancelled. We have yet to receive any refund, for either the closure period or the remaining cancellation of our passes.

After several emails to several departments I actually received an email yesterday stating the exact amount of refund we will receive. The email which came from a VIP Passholder desk castmember said we will receive a refund of $431.76 per pass. Our initial passes were activated Nov 9 and we got around 11 or 12 days use out of it. Even though we requested a cancellation and refund our passes have been extended twice to now expire April 5. Our initial cost was $609 + tax. They did not specify, but I am assuming this refund encompasses the closure period + remaining cancellation.

Now obviously I'm skeptical I will actually receive $431.76, but if so I am surprised it's that much. It seems like those calculations did not take into account our usage.
Well done!

What department did you email to finally get an answer? I might try to reach out today. Thank you.

What department did you email to finally get an answer? I might try to reach out today. Thank you.

I emailed wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com. I also emailed via the VIP Passholder's support page via their email us link. The response I got was from do.not.reply@disneyonline.com which makes me think this email was in response to my email via their Passholder page. My thoughts was to email everyone and hopefully I'd get at least one satisfactory response.

Those who are keeping their APs with extension: did you click the email link? The way it reads, we should be able to do nothing and it won't be canceled, but I'm wondering if I should click the link to be sure... but I'm also afraid with the way things have been going lately that if I do click it, it'll cancel instead. I'm leaning toward taking a screen shot for posterity and doing nothing...

We've been wondering as well, if we need to do anything.

6 Passes automatically added app 5 months, and weirdly one only added 1 month.

Prob can check later, but not sure when to call etc.

My guess is after today they will have time to update everybody that did not cancel.

I read someone mention something about Chapek talking about APs recently? Anyone know what that was about?

Has anyone speculated on what’s to become of future APs? Will they even offer them again? Continue the renewal option for existing APs only? Like a grandfather clause?

If I ride this out and don’t cancel and they come out with a better (cheaper) AP deal I’ll be upset. I’m still trying to decide if I should cancel these passes and apply the refund to new ones later, but not really knowing what I’ll get back is making this extremely difficult.
On another site some were guesstimating that the pass that is $1200 now could very well increase to $1800 or more. They could discontinue some of the cheaper passes all together. AP holders are not what Disney wants in the parks right now.

Are you staying on property?

We're in the US, but basically did what you're thinking about. We have reservations for December that were room only, but I converted it to a package with passes and then requested our AP cancellation. As part of a package we have the flexibility of being able to cancel up to 30 days prior without penalties, and up to 2 days prior with something like a $200 charge. Having already had to change twice then cancel an offsite spring trip for this year, we just felt safer adding admission to the package even though it will be more expensive than APs if we make the trip plus another one in the spring. Since there are so many unknowns, we're willing to pay extra if we do get to go. Add to our equation the fact that our spring trip will be offsite, the inability to book more than 3 park days for that played into our decision as well. For that we'll need to buy just normal park tickets, which I believe the value of purchase doesn't expire and can be used toward future park pass purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter