AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We are DVC Gold AP and like many here, have been trying to figure out the exact amount of refund we'd receive if we cancelled. We have yet to receive any refund, for either the closure period or the remaining cancellation of our passes.

After several emails to several departments I actually received an email yesterday stating the exact amount of refund we will receive. The email which came from a VIP Passholder desk castmember said we will receive a refund of $431.76 per pass. Our initial passes were activated Nov 9 and we got around 11 or 12 days use out of it. Even though we requested a cancellation and refund our passes have been extended twice to now expire April 5. Our initial cost was $609 + tax. They did not specify, but I am assuming this refund encompasses the closure period + remaining cancellation.

Now obviously I'm skeptical I will actually receive $431.76, but if so I am surprised it's that much. It seems like those calculations did not take into account our usage.
That’s amazing to have gotten a calculation in writing- and it is a promising one!

Are you staying on property?

We're in the US, but basically did what you're thinking about. We have reservations for December that were room only, but I converted it to a package with passes and then requested our AP cancellation. As part of a package we have the flexibility of being able to cancel up to 30 days prior without penalties, and up to 2 days prior with something like a $200 charge. Having already had to change twice then cancel an offsite spring trip for this year, we just felt safer adding admission to the package even though it will be more expensive than APs if we make the trip plus another one in the spring. Since there are so many unknowns, we're willing to pay extra if we do get to go. Add to our equation the fact that our spring trip will be offsite, the inability to book more than 3 park days for that played into our decision as well. For that we'll need to buy just normal park tickets, which I believe the value of purchase doesn't expire and can be used toward future park pass purchases.
This is very helpful, thank you. I am staying onsite but I hadn’t thought about converting my room only booking to a package, I was just going to buy ‘stand alone’ tickets online. Thank you for your insight.

I presume that we will lose the benefits of TiW?

I just got through to a live person in about 10 minutes. She told me (and this aligns with the wording on the website), that your refund is calculated based on the July 11, 2020 re-opening date, and then is pro-rated off the NEW expiration date.
  • Our passes currently show an expiration date of 07/31/2021, we would get about a 345 day refund,(it's pro-rated those 20 days between 07/11-07/31) so almost the full year, but she could not tell me the exact amount.
  • She also said the extra 30 days will be added AFTER the 08/11/20 deadline making my pass good until next August 30, 2020.
Still not sure what I'm going to do but at least I have more information now to make an informed decision.

So when do the p
I just got through to a live person in about 10 minutes. She told me (and this aligns with the wording on the website), that your refund is calculated based on the July 11, 2020 re-opening date, and then is pro-rated off the NEW expiration date.
  • Our passes currently show an expiration date of 07/31/2021, we would get about a 345 day refund,(it's pro-rated those 20 days between 07/11-07/31) so almost the full year, but she could not tell me the exact amount.
  • She also said the extra 30 days will be added AFTER the 08/11/20 deadline making my pass good until next August 30, 2020.
Still not sure what I'm going to do but at least I have more information now to make an informed decision.
is this for cancellation or the original refund Program from March

I haven't posted here in a while, my saga continues but now it's in my favor.
I have contacted the ap people, through email and over the phone 4 times trying to sort my ap tickets mess, I have been on hold for 2 hours while the higher ups work on my tickets only to have to go to work and they promising me they would contact me again to resolve it, they haven't
Why in my favor you might ask? because from a fluke I know have a silver ap that is due to expire October 21 and a gold due to expire Dec 20. I've been calling to cancel the silver since I will be renewing the gold come Dec and I don't want to be double charged. Well Disney in all it's amazing internet wisdom has only charged me one of the aps, while my DD and I continue to have both. So I will make one final attempt to rectify this tomorrow and if it doesn't work the heck with it, I'll fight later.
I did go to GR at the park to see if they could help and they can't

I emailed wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com and guest.services.billing@disneyworld.com. I also emailed via the VIP Passholder's support page via their email us link. The response I got was from do.not.reply@disneyonline.com which makes me think this email was in response to my email via their Passholder page. My thoughts was to email everyone and hopefully I'd get at least one satisfactory response.

Thanks for sharing! How long did it take to hear back? I just emailed them to see if they'd confirm the refund (since I upgraded from a third party ticket), but am concerned I might not hear back until after the Tuesday deadline. If we only get the upgrade price that will be $151... and we started our APs on 2/28 😳 .

Thanks for sharing! How long did it take to hear back? I just emailed them to see if they'd confirm the refund (since I upgraded from a third party ticket), but am concerned I might not hear back until after the Tuesday deadline. If we only get the upgrade price that will be $151... and we started our APs on 2/28 😳 .

It took a few weeks unfortunately to hear back from all channels.

That’s amazing to have gotten a calculation in writing- and it is a promising one!
Hi, this is great news, as we are in exact the same situation as you are - only we used just 6 days (but had the same start date as you had). Would you mind giving me the email address I could write to ? Until now I wasn`t successful in getting a quote on how much we would get back, so we planned on keeping the passes - without knowing, if we will be able to use them in the remaining time. Since we only have two more days to decide, any help is appreciated - Thanks a lot !!

We are a family of four, all Gold pass AP`s, that we used for a 6 day trip in December 2019 and planned to use them again in July and November this year. Due to the pandemic, this is not going to happen, espcecially, since we are international AP holder and don`t know, when the travel ban will be lifted - right now, we even aren`t allowed entry to the US.
A couple of pages ago, "disneygrandma" told about her experience and success in asking for the AP`s to be frozen until next year and then start again, to cover the vacations they were initially bought for. The CM she talked to was very helpful and agreed to freeze the AP`s for now and have them extended for use freom June 2021 to December 2021 - which would be more or less the exact same thing for us. The CM also explained, that evrey case would be handled on a case by case basis, so everybody which special concerns should email them.

Well, that`s what I did - just got the answer:

"I am very sorry that your family was unable to visit the Walt Disney World Resort when you had planned to. Unfortunately, there is no way to freeze or pause the Annual Passes. The Walt Disney World Resort has offered to extend all Annual Passes for the time that the Theme Parks were closed or the ability to get a partial refund for the Annual Passes. This can be done by contacting Ticketing Guest Services at 407-566-4985. Sadly we are unable to assist with any further extension past what is being offered by the Walt Disney World Resort. I am sorry for any disappointment this might cause. "

Obviously, I am less than thrilled with this reply! This is far from being "individual" or "case by case" and it shows again, that everything depends on who you are talking to.

We WANT to keep our passes, we are VERY loyal Disney people, AP holder over the last 10 or more years, DVC member, Disney addicted .... We WANT to visit WDW as soon, as we are allowed to travel to the US again and won`t have to quarantine for 2 weeks after return ( DH and I are self employed...), so I think right now, we are sort of punished. Even if we would want to fly right now, we were not allowed to come and nobody knows, when the borders will be open again. Just a simple extension of our AP`s is not at all helpful In this situation, since we probably will not be able to use them.

So instead of refunding us money, we would be just happy with keeping our AP´s, have them frozen instantly for the remainder of the days and start acivating them again that very moment we are able to use them. From my point of view, this would also be a win for Disney, since they don`t have to refund us.

I will try again now via chat and some other email addresses to maybe have some CM finally, who will be able to help us that way, "disneygrandma" was suggesting - which by the way, was a great idea, fair for both sides, as I think.

I talked with a CM this morning regarding possibly cancelling our APs. We are still contemplating what to do. She said she could request that I receive an email with an estimate of the refund we will receive if we do cancel. She said they just started sending these emails about a week ago. It is frustrating that they just started notifying folks of a refund amount, a week before the deadline. Especially since many of us have been asking for an estimate for weeks/months. The cast member said it could take up to 72 hours to receive the email after being requested. Hopefully I will receive the email before the 12th.

We are a family of four, all Gold pass AP`s, that we used for a 6 day trip in December 2019 and planned to use them again in July and November this year. Due to the pandemic, this is not going to happen, espcecially, since we are international AP holder and don`t know, when the travel ban will be lifted - right now, we even aren`t allowed entry to the US.
A couple of pages ago, "disneygrandma" told about her experience and success in asking for the AP`s to be frozen until next year and then start again, to cover the vacations they were initially bought for. The CM she talked to was very helpful and agreed to freeze the AP`s for now and have them extended for use freom June 2021 to December 2021 - which would be more or less the exact same thing for us. The CM also explained, that evrey case would be handled on a case by case basis, so everybody which special concerns should email them.

Well, that`s what I did - just got the answer:

"I am very sorry that your family was unable to visit the Walt Disney World Resort when you had planned to. Unfortunately, there is no way to freeze or pause the Annual Passes. The Walt Disney World Resort has offered to extend all Annual Passes for the time that the Theme Parks were closed or the ability to get a partial refund for the Annual Passes. This can be done by contacting Ticketing Guest Services at 407-566-4985. Sadly we are unable to assist with any further extension past what is being offered by the Walt Disney World Resort. I am sorry for any disappointment this might cause. "

Obviously, I am less than thrilled with this reply! This is far from being "individual" or "case by case" and it shows again, that everything depends on who you are talking to.

We WANT to keep our passes, we are VERY loyal Disney people, AP holder over the last 10 or more years, DVC member, Disney addicted .... We WANT to visit WDW as soon, as we are allowed to travel to the US again and won`t have to quarantine for 2 weeks after return ( DH and I are self employed...), so I think right now, we are sort of punished. Even if we would want to fly right now, we were not allowed to come and nobody knows, when the borders will be open again. Just a simple extension of our AP`s is not at all helpful In this situation, since we probably will not be able to use them.

So instead of refunding us money, we would be just happy with keeping our AP´s, have them frozen instantly for the remainder of the days and start acivating them again that very moment we are able to use them. From my point of view, this would also be a win for Disney, since they don`t have to refund us.

I will try again now via chat and some other email addresses to maybe have some CM finally, who will be able to help us that way, "disneygrandma" was suggesting - which by the way, was a great idea, fair for both sides, as I think.
I received, more or less, the same response. I have tried e mailing a different address but I don’t have any great hope of receiving a positive reply before the deadline.
We couldn’t travel in July and have another trip booked for October. Onsite resort so WDW can see the reservation number, but still they are unwilling to be flexible. If the travel bans are lifted we will visit but there is no way we will know this by 11 August. Good luck. I hope that you receive some positive news.

I talked with a CM this morning regarding possibly cancelling our APs. We are still contemplating what to do. She said she could request that I receive an email with an estimate of the refund we will receive if we do cancel. She said they just started sending these emails about a week ago. It is frustrating that they just started notifying folks of a refund amount, a week before the deadline. Especially since many of us have been asking for an estimate for weeks/months. The cast member said it could take up to 72 hours to receive the email after being requested. Hopefully I will receive the email before the 12th.
What email address were you told to email for a refund amount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter