• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Same boat as many of you. Would like the AP refund. Called last week and was on hold for 1 hr 40 min (listening to the LOUD hold music on a loop!)and then got cut off. Tried again yesterday. Waited 1 hr 10 min. Got through to agent. Sounded like she was done processing request and said, "okay your refunds will be...." and then got cut off!! Today cannot even get through. Got the all circuits are busy and chat is unavailable. Never received the email and looked in spam, etc. Very frustrating!!!!!

So what the heck do we do if we can't call or chat because "all circuits are busy"?
Yes!! Please let me know if you figure it out. They have to be getting feedback that many did not receive the email so why not resend the email instead of having such a wait time? (Of course, I guess the answer may be because they would rather not do the refunds!)

Try redialing a million times. A pain I know but that is finally what got me to the on hold list at least.
I have someone on chat on the app, screenshotting the entire conversation. I'm sure the amount I receive will be a complete surprise and it hopefully will be what we think it should

Same boat as many of you. Would like the AP refund. Called last week and was on hold for 1 hr 40 min (listening to the LOUD hold music on a loop!)and then got cut off. Tried again yesterday. Waited 1 hr 10 min. Got through to agent. Sounded like she was done processing request and said, "okay your refunds will be...." and then got cut off!! Today cannot even get through. Got the all circuits are busy and chat is unavailable. Never received the email and looked in spam, etc. Very frustrating!!!!!

I've been on hold for about 80 minutes at this point and they keep talking about the four hours of music available to listen to on Apple Music, yet the keep playing the same 150 second loop over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. And it's not like you can turn the music down because you need to hear if you ever get through.

Here's hoping I don't get cut off. I'm trying to cancel passes for multiple family members too and if I get told I'm unable, I'm gonna be upset. And the frustration that will be had if I get disconnected after all this!

I realize Disney doesn't even have to do this so I'm trying to keep a calm mind here. But the 40th time you hear "The Monkey's Uncle," the calm is tough to come by!

(And I didn't get a cancellation email nor did my parents. [Two different mailing addresses...I never even got the piece of mail talking about cancelling the pass.] My brother and his wife did get the email, but I'm attempting to cancel on this phone call from them since I apparently have to do it for three of our five cards.)

I was able to cancel our 3 platinum APs through chat yesterday. I had to wait for the chat option to ‘open’ about 15 min. But once chat live agent immediately started helping with our 3 passes over two different MDE accounts. Definitely keep trying chat option. Was great. Took about 48 min in total but had some complicated issues and the best part- its all in writing.

Ugh, I've never gotten any emails about my passes and had no idea there was a deadline. I purchased FL resident passes in January on the payment plan. Was charged for a few months before the shutdown but I Never activated the passes. I haven't been charged since then.

Do I need to do anything? I want to keep the passes and just activate them later, but I'm nervous that if I don't talk to someone they will just cancel them instead. I figured they would start charging me again when they opened up but they didn't.

Can't believe they've been sending out emails all along that I didn't get.

According to one of the other sites - Disney has published the refund amount formula If correct - it's what I had said would be the absolutely most fair approach. Will be (i) price of pass minus (ii) number of days you could have used the pass before closure divided by total number of days you could have used the pass during the year (if things had been normal).

EDIT - it's on the Disney site itself albeit in one of those Q&A sections so who knows if the person who answered knows but it's detailed enough that it sounds like they got it from somewhere - and it also makes complete sense as well.)

Last edited:
We are COVID high risk Disney snowbirds who have decided to spend our isolation near our doctors up north. We never received any emails from Disney concerning options for our silver FL resident APs. We have come to the realization it will be a long time before we will be comfortable traveling south so we decided to cancel our renewed in March (recently extended to a Sept 2021 expiration) never used passes. Here is how it went:

Just got off the phone with Disney. It was a slightly annoying experience. It took a little over an hour. After many tries and getting the "all circuits are busy" message I finally got through on what I thought was the VIPassholder line. After waiting about 5 minutes a CM answered. Unfortunately she couldn't help with the pass cancellation as she was in Resort Reservations. She directed me to the WDW web page chat line. After waiting about 10 minutes I got a response there. Unfortunately the CM that answered the chat could not process the cancellation. She gave me the number to Ticketing. I called and after about 10 minutes a CM answered. Unfortunately even though I went through the Ticketing number this CM was also in Resort Reservations and couldn't process the cancellation. She said she would transfer me to the VIPassholder group. After 30 minutes of music a CM answered and promptly process my cancellation. Full refund for our unused passes will be issued in September.

We are hoping to get back to FL and WDW sometime next year.

I realise that we have a formula of some sort, but online chat said that it’s calculated from the 11th of July until the extended annual pass date. 🤔 It probably is just the same amount, length of time tho... maybe I should work that out first. 😂

Can anyone offer any guidance for our situation...

We purchased Platinum Passes thru Sam's Club in June of 2019 at the old AP pricing. We then activated the passes on Jan 25, 2020. Any idea how Disney would calculate the purchase amount of our AP and therefore the refund?

I've been on chat hold now for almost 3 hours... What happens if we no longer have the gift cards the AP was purchased on?
They told me if you paid with a GC, whether you still have it of not, the refund will be in the form of a new e-gift card. However expect to wait and additional time period measured in weeks to get the new GC. I have been unable to get any estimate as to when I will get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter