AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

I didn't know that you would get less if it's an upgraded ticket to AP. Can someone confirm this?

I can confirm that this did NOT happen to me on my partial refund for the 117 day closure. I upgraded a hopper. I've also elected to get the remainder of my pass refunded as I will not probably be visiting but if I do I already have other tickets in MDE.

Update on what happened with my situation.

Got a check last night for the March payment amount plus $50. Was told it would be the March payment and then a gift card for $50, but this works as well.

Doing the math, I mean why not, after the refund, we paid roughly $600 in total ($350 down payment and then $31 per pass per month for 8 months) for each Fl Resident Gold AP.

Had we not done the larger down payment, we would have paid $480. Not a big deal, but interesting to see how every scenario will not be the same.

I'm not saying they should give me an extra $120. That's a risk I took by taking the financing. We got 10 days out of the passes I think. So a tad cheaper than the 10 day park hopper pass, and we didn't have to use all the days by a certain point. I'll take it.

Still wish there was a better method than all the calling and emailing I had to do.

I love math and am going to contradict something I said above about not saying they should give me the extra $120, just going by the calculations they presented, plus I love math.

So we activated 7/13/19. Use days would be 231 if using the 3/14/2020 date. We have gold so I subtract out 2 weeks in December. Passes were $719 but we did a $350 down payment and $31 per month per pass after that.

So..

231 days x $719 = 166089
166089/352 = $471.84 Usable value

$600 (what I actually paid) - $471.84 = $128.15.

Does this mean by their release that they are going to refund me an additional $128.15 per pass (that's times 5 which I wasn't really thinking about).

I mean, $600 isn't something to really just leave on the table if they are offering....

A couple of people mentioned that they were not getting a prorated refund on the sales tax portion of what they paid for an AP. Why not? When I return something from any other retailer I get the sales tax back.

I love math and am going to contradict something I said above about not saying they should give me the extra $120, just going by the calculations they presented, plus I love math.

So we activated 7/13/19. Use days would be 231 if using the 3/14/2020 date. We have gold so I subtract out 2 weeks in December. Passes were $719 but we did a $350 down payment and $31 per month per pass after that.

So..

231 days x $719 = 166089
166089/352 = $471.84 Usable value

$600 (what I actually paid) - $471.84 = $128.15.

Does this mean by their release that they are going to refund me an additional $128.15 per pass (that's times 5 which I wasn't really thinking about).

I mean, $600 isn't something to really just leave on the table if they are offering....
I think you’re actually entitled to a bit more. Doesn’t the Gold pass have another two weeks of blackout dates during spring break? If so, you should divide by 338 not 352.

A couple of people mentioned that they were not getting a prorated refund on the sales tax portion of what they paid for an AP. Why not? When I return something from any other retailer I get the sales tax back.

One of them was me...

Using the estimated refund they quoted me, they are using the taxed AP to calculate the usable value. Then subtracting the usable value from non-taxed AP to figure refund.

My guess:
1) they don’t want to refund tax
2) where the ‘estimation‘ comes in - billing has to prorate the taxes, which will show a higher more accurate refund

Where are you initiating the chat? Person I chatted with said I had to call...

Just called, and the queue is closed. Smh

I used the chat bubble on the mde website. Should I do it on the phone...5 hours and it still says ...thanks for your message, blah blah blah

On the MDE app, click on the 3 lines on the bottom right hand side of the home screen, then scroll down and you will see the chat option. Type anything and a CM will start chatting.

I don’t get that option. Weird

Attachments

• E3B98ADB-5E9F-418C-96DA-F10E1275F0AE.png
    E3B98ADB-5E9F-418C-96DA-F10E1275F0AE.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 10
I was told that if we paid with a GC, we would get a check in the mail. I'm SO thrilled that we're all getting consistent information.
Which, in itself is a very rare thing when it comes to Disney/posts here lol
My guess:
1) they don’t want to refund tax
Um, they may not ‘want’ to but if they collected it, seems prudent to think they’d refund it. Even the cruiselines did so due to Covid refunds.

The tax is local as I recall, no idea if they are equipped to process such a large deluge of refund requests.

Reactions: cm8
Howdy,

Just thought I'd add to my call in experience from today (shame on me for waiting until the last day, but it is what it is). Took 88 times dialing the number to finally get past the "All circuits are busy" message and into the actual queue. I did try the regular ticket line and got in pretty quick but they are unable to help and apologized (I guess that's why it was so easy to get through :) ).

Those 88 times were not all at once, I would try a few times then work on something else and then try again, over the course of several hours. But finally, I just started dialing over and over until it finally connected.

Waited on hold for a little over an hour (and yes they need to expand the music selection it got very repetitive after a while).

I needed to take care of two things, 1) My wife never got the email with the link, she got the initial email back in April but not one like I got in July so I needed to get her AP canceled and refunded. 2) Our younger son's AP is associated with my account and I wanted to verify that his AP got canceled when I canceled mine.

For those of you in similar circumstances, his AP did not get canceled when I clicked the link and canceled mine. They needed to do it on the phone.

The process was actually pretty easy, they walked me through the same questions as you get with the link online and canceled. They didn't give me a refund estimate, and I didn't ask, I was just happy to not have to sit on the phone any longer.

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter