April 2014 car rentals

What was the AAA code? I have it but have never received a code from them. Thanks in advance.

And anyone use any other codes for Dollar?

The codes are different for each independent AAA. Google "dollar aaa codes"
and the first page that comes up should be the "Added-Value Corporate Plans | - Dollar Rent A Car"

The codes are different for each independent AAA. Google "dollar aaa codes"
and the first page that comes up should be the "Added-Value Corporate Plans | - Dollar Rent A Car"
Thanks. I tried one but I already had a better rate using a different corporate code (oi1054) a few weeks ago. But those codes gave me a lower price than that one did so I'll have to remember them in the future.

OK, I don't feel so bad. Paying $282 for a minivan from 4/10-4/14.

Same dates, $145, for my minivan, total cost with all taxes, etal.

However, that price was only around for a few hours one day on Enterprise, but after I booked, it went back up to the upper $200s where it has sat ever since.

There was one day last week when National came down to $160, but again, when I checked in the morning it was $160, giving me false hope for a further drop and by afternoon, skyrocketed again. :sad:

Same dates, $145, for my minivan, total cost with all taxes, etal.

However, that price was only around for a few hours one day on Enterprise, but after I booked, it went back up to the upper $200s where it has sat ever since.

There was one day last week when National came down to $160, but again, when I checked in the morning it was $160, giving me false hope for a further drop and by afternoon, skyrocketed again. :sad:
One thing I forgot to mention is that I'm picking up at MCO and dropping off at Cape Canaveral. i.e a one-way rental. That raises the price.

BTW, what I did last time I went (and I plan on doing this every time from now on) is going on Priceline the day before my trip and naming my own price. I got a much better deal and probably could have gotten an even better one had I started lower. Although it doesn't work for one-way rentals.

BTW, what I did last time I went (and I plan on doing this every time from now on) is going on Priceline the day before my trip and naming my own price...

Priceline used to be such a reliable "go-to" for car rentals, but for the last few years (three or four?) I have never been able to get a better price from Priceline than I can find for myself.

Last year, same dates (more or less), same minivan, I got $170 from Alamo. Priceline was not even close. This year I have bid twice on Priceline (Last Friday and today) and my bids ($120-130) were rejected, while they tried to get me to bite on $240.

I will, of course keep trying -- including the very last minute gambit on Priceline, but I hold little hope.

Priceline used to be such a reliable "go-to" for car rentals, but for the last few years (three or four?) I have never been able to get a better price from Priceline than I can find for myself.

Last year, same dates (more or less), same minivan, I got $170 from Alamo. Priceline was not even close. This year I have bid twice on Priceline (Last Friday and today) and my bids ($120-130) were rejected, while they tried to get me to bite on $240.

I will, of course keep trying -- including the very last minute gambit on Priceline, but I hold little hope.
My last trip (Christmastime 2013) was the first time I tried it. So admittedly I don't have a lot of experience with the "name your own price" feature.

April 17-27. I have a thrift and a dollar locked in at about $300 all in on mini van. Just looked again and the best rate is $930 all-in? Glad I got what I did but this is the most I've ever paid for a mini van and I usually go Xmas-New Years insane busy week (worse than Easter!). But, I usued to enjoy the x474200 code at budget everytime and then teh Wendie speacial, both now defunct for mini van rates.

April 17-27. I have a thrift and a dollar locked in at about $300 all in on mini van. Just looked again and the best rate is $930 all-in? Glad I got what I did but this is the most I've ever paid for a mini van and I usually go Xmas-New Years insane busy week (worse than Easter!). But, I usued to enjoy the x474200 code at budget everytime and then teh Wendie speacial, both now defunct for mini van rates.

Budget Wendies was great.

I have a couple of tricks that USUALLY give me fantastic rates. Not so with this particular rental.

Although they are giving great rates for my upcoming trip to Denver also this month. :confused3

Must be soaking the leisure travelers to MCO this year. :rotfl:

Got my Dollar "Lock, Low and Go" price for 4/6 - 4/8 down to $110.98 today using AAA code and Dollar express.

Rebooked yet again with Dollar just now:

"Lock, Low and Go" price for 4/6 - 4/8 down to $98.90 today using AAA code and Dollar express.

Happy to be below the $100 mark!

My Dollar reservation (Tampa 4/21 - 4/25) continues to decrease almost daily. Today it is down to $79.09 for a 4 day economy rental using just the City Special.

Not bad at all..
Kris:cool1:

Is there a code for the City Special through Dollar?

Is there a code for the City Special through Dollar?

No, when you search for cars, select "all cars" and when the list comes up there may or may not be a listing that says "city specials". Then you have to click on that to see what the city specials are.

Rebooked yet again with Dollar just now:

"Lock, Low and Go" price for 4/6 - 4/8 down to $98.90 today using AAA code and Dollar express.

Happy to be below the $100 mark!

What is the AAA code? I am a AAA member, but when I went to the AA site, it brought me to Hertz. Hertz was pricey.

What is the AAA code? I am a AAA member, but when I went to the AA site, it brought me to Hertz. Hertz was pricey.

The codes are different for each independent AAA.

Google "dollar aaa codes" and the first page that comes up should be the "Added-Value Corporate Plans | - Dollar Rent A Car"

Two weeks away now from our 17th-25th trip and nothing better than what I have already. Still using Dollars BJs BJ5013 corp code is better than city special right now.

wow - nothing to report? Just shows how high rates are - no deals, even last minute.

Prices are still UP UP AND AWAY -- but honestly they have fallen some 30-40 percent since January, but still way too high.

My only saving grace for my trip that starts tomorrow is that I got a great rate with a great code on Enterprise back in February, which has not been repeated....

Actually, not that great of a rate -- but for this year ($24 per day -- including all taxes, etc.) for a four-day minivan rental, it sort of qualifies as great...maybe...

My rate shot up super high over a month ago and has not dropped since. I guess I should be glad I locked in with a rate that I feel is acceptable.

Actually, not that great of a rate -- but for this year ($24 per day -- including all taxes, etc.) for a four-day minivan rental, it sort of qualifies as great...maybe...

Hey....based on what I am seeing, I would say it qualifies!!!!!! Safe travels.

Alamo, Dollar, and Budget rates have all dropped for my dates.
I used the following from mousesavers:
Southwest Rapid Rewards members (free to join) can get savings of up to 30% at Budget. Use BCD code U072700

and combined it with a BJ's coupon for $25 off (physical coupon)
Full-size was $204 including taxes for 7 days, 4 hours
HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter