April 29, 2012 ~ Aloha! ~ Inagural Wonder to Hawaii-Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Monday morning, we received a call from father-in-law's (DFIL) nursing home that he took a turn for the worse. I rushed over, prepared to say good by and spent a very tense day. DH was in another state at a meeting, and tried to get back in time, plane had mechanical problems and was grounded for the night. By Tuesday AM, DFIL, had regained conciseness, and Dennis ended up staying at meeting. I finally was able to get some sleep last night. Will return to nursing home this afternoon.

Cruise, of course, has been regulated to the back of our lives.

Long story for question. If I get on ship, can Dennis fly to one of the islands and join me?
I know I should call DCL, but, I wanted to ask you folks first.

So sorry. Will include your family in my prayers.

Thank you so much everyone for the prayers and well wishes! Decent news so far this morning. He has two more rounds of IV antibiotics and then should get to go home tonight around 6. His toes and foot are pretty swollen, and everything is wrapped up really well. With prudent dressing changes, and oral antibiotics, the dr's think we are ok to keep our trip plans. If things turn for the worse, we just find a hospital in LA.

We have a 4 hour drive just to get to the airport and planned on doing that tonight, and then flying out tomorrow. But we want our little man to sleep in his own bed tonight, and we havent had a chance to pack, so I think the plan is to get up at 4am and drive to the airport in the morning.

If you see a very large (tall) three year old being carried around the grand and disneyland by his daddy stop and say hi!

Great news! Praying for continued improvement.

Project7-1-1.jpg

We set sail in 4 days!!!

Thank you so much everyone for the prayers and well wishes! Decent news so far this morning. He has two more rounds of IV antibiotics and then should get to go home tonight around 6. His toes and foot are pretty swollen, and everything is wrapped up really well. With prudent dressing changes, and oral antibiotics, the dr's think we are ok to keep our trip plans. If things turn for the worse, we just find a hospital in LA.

We have a 4 hour drive just to get to the airport and planned on doing that tonight, and then flying out tomorrow. But we want our little man to sleep in his own bed tonight, and we havent had a chance to pack, so I think the plan is to get up at 4am and drive to the airport in the morning.

If you see a very large (tall) three year old being carried around the grand and disneyland by his daddy stop and say hi!

I'm glad that he is doing better....safe travels to LA.

Attention!

Grammy4Lizzy, please check you PM box and respond when you have a moment. Thank you!

Check out youtube... Search "people of wal mart"... Funny stuff there if you have never seen it before!...

Kind of takes your breath away, doesn't it? ;)

Early Monday morning, we received a call from father-in-law's (DFIL) nursing home that he took a turn for the worse. I rushed over, prepared to say good by and spent a very tense day. DH was in another state at a meeting, and tried to get back in time, plane had mechanical problems and was grounded for the night. By Tuesday AM, DFIL, had regained conciseness, and Dennis ended up staying at meeting. I finally was able to get some sleep last night. Will return to nursing home this afternoon.

Long story for question. If I get on ship, can Dennis fly to one of the islands and join me?

I am so sorry to hear this. I hope you can get everything worked out for you and DH.

That is very good news! Hope to see you all on board.

Safe and healthy travels for all who are leaving!

Okay gang, I apologize if these questions have been answered (I am sure they have), but due to circumstances (business travel, etc.), I am SO behind reading everything.

1) where can I find the cancellation policy for excursions?
2) is it possible to do 2 excursions in a single day? i.e., on Maui, there is a hike from 8:30 - 2:15, and then the sunset tour at 4:15?
3) RE: Kipu Safari Zip Adventure (Kaui) - there is a comment that says if you are over 240 lbs (or some number) you may be exluded and still have to pay the whole fee...I thought this was only for the zip portion of the tour, but it doesn't say. Anyone know how to find out? My hubby is over 240 and was just going to skip the zip (the rest of the tour is kayaking and hiking)

Thanks!!

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I believe I know the answer to this one. The answer is not one you will want to hear. No he will not be able to join the ship. I am saying this because I remember reading in DCL pamphlet that if you missed the ship in PC and were on a Western cruise you could not join the ship in Key West due to the Passenger Servcie Act. I would think since our first ports are all in the U.S. the same would apply here. I would call DCL to make sure I am wrong because I hope I am wrong.

Okay gang, I apologize if these questions have been answered (I am sure they have), but due to circumstances (business travel, etc.), I am SO behind reading everything.

1) where can I find the cancellation policy for excursions?
2) is it possible to do 2 excursions in a single day? i.e., on Maui, there is a hike from 8:30 - 2:15, and then the sunset tour at 4:15?
3) RE: Kipu Safari Zip Adventure (Kaui) - there is a comment that says if you are over 240 lbs (or some number) you may be exluded and still have to pay the whole fee...I thought this was only for the zip portion of the tour, but it doesn't say. Anyone know how to find out? My hubby is over 240 and was just going to skip the zip (the rest of the tour is kayaking and hiking)

Thanks!!

Love your DIS name as is our two favorite Disney characters.

To answer your questions,

1. cancellation policy per website is: Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.

2. If DCL let you book them, they should be doable. Again, call DCL for sure.

3. I would call DCL and check for answer to #3 and be sure you get it from a supervisor! (800) 951-3532

hope all goes well with everyone

We leave tomorrow . I borroweed Goofy's scarf that matches our shirts and I will tie it on my tote bag or pocketbook so if you see a familiar piece of material stop and say hello.

I am going to be closing my dis board link (maybe for first time since Christmas) :rotfl2: in a little bit and heading out for LA....Road Trip :thumbsup2

I hope to check in along the way so would someone please be sure and leave a link to part 5 when we get there because I think it is going to happen soon :)

Have a safe trip!

Paul

Love your DIS name as is our two favorite Disney characters.

To answer your questions,

1. cancellation policy per website is: Cancellations can be made up to 3 days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time all reservations are final and non-refundable.

2. If DCL let you book them, they should be doable. Again, call DCL for sure.

3. I would call DCL and check for answer to #3 and be sure you get it from a supervisor! (800) 951-3532

Thanks for the quick reply!

L&T are my favs as well ;-). And hubby thought it would sound better than Beauty and Beast ;)

I am mildly concerned about the 2 excursions in one day, but as you say, they let me do it, so....:rolleyes1

I am on hold with DCL - they are quoting ABOVE a 15 minute wait.
EEK!

:crazy2:

ANSWERS FROM THE DCL -
Item #2) (can you do 2 excursions in 1 day): he concurred that as long as there is more than an hour between the excursions, you should be okay.
Item #3) weight limit of 265 on the Kipu Zip Adventure - it is being quoted as the weight limit for the entire adventure, not just the zip line portion (although the other kayak tours do NOT have a weight specification), oh well.

This really bums me out because when I booked this excursion there was NO weight listed - I have it written down that there was no weight listed. I was really looking forward to this.

Oh well. I booked an "external" helicopter tour instead.

:crazy2:

Jen -

Sorry to hear about your DFIL. Hope everything turns out for the best. Prayers and pixie dust to you and Dennis.

Dale

hope all goes well with everyone

We leave tomorrow . I borrowed Goofy's scarf that matches our shirts and I will tie it on my tote bag or pocketbook so if you see a familiar piece of material stop and say hello.

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that???!

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that???!

Yes, all of us can rush home and make scarves out of scraps....:lmao:

Um, NOT happening, but it was a great idea......

Safe travels to all, happy packing to some, finish up work to others and prayers for those who need them...pixie dust too.

See Ya Real Soon. WOW that is big!

seeyourealsoon0014.jpg

Very funny or it could cure you of ever going to Wal-mart again :rotfl2:

So glad he will be able to go. :grouphug:

JenDen, hope your DFIL improves and you are both able to go. :grouphug:

I sailed on the Wonder's 1/15/12 MR cruise. Here's what I know for Cruise Staff for Hawaii. The Club Host will be Daniel. He's new to DCL (shadowed Trent on my cruise, took over on the 1/22/12 cruise), but seemed quite nice. I've since seen reports from cruisers that he's doing a great job and is really funny. I believe Trent said he would not be on for Hawaii. I don't know about Tisa, but I only know of her as a Club Host so she couldn't be on in that capacity. Stephen, Becky, and Charlotte all said they'd be on. Ponz and Frankie would not be. I don't know about Drew, Emma, or (DJ) Laura.
Christiaan will be our Cruise Director, but I don't know who will be asst CD.

Robin, a guy from the USA, is also going to be a member of the cruise staff on the Wonder. He's a friend of mine from Disney World, and he got back on the Wonder in the beginning of March. Just wanted to add that to the mix of info. He's a really fun guy with A LOT of energy. I think you all will really like him. He's super tall too.

Yes, all of us can rush home and make scarves out of scraps....:lmao:
I read this as written, but what I heard in my head was "we'll all roll in the soot, we'll all be labradors". :lmao:

JenDen - my heart goes out to you, sending pixie dust that things work out.

djh597 - I'm so glad things are looking up. BTW, I have always found the strollers quite large at DL as well.

Still not ready - I have one more day, but work won't leave me alone! What is wrong with these people, don't they know I have a vacation to get ready for?

Anyone have an extra Alaska pin from last year's cruises on the Wonder that has the ship on it that they would be willing to trade?

Jan/Kana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter