Are park hoppers still worth it?

For ME, it is an absolute! If there is any kind of festival going on at Epcot, we go there to graze in the evenings. Also, the food options at HS are so dismal that we never eat there - and DS just isn't our thing.

Agree 100%. We are here now and are so glad we got park hoppers. It’s too hot to be in parks between 11 and 4 so we didn’t reserve Epcot any day and just hopped there in the evenings for dinner and to do the rides. We did early morning parks and then hopped most days in the evening. Especially great to hop on AK and HS days since they close earlier. We were in AK when the power incident happened and we’re happy we could hop somewhere without having to wait in the guest relations line.

I think it really depends how late the parks are open.
If the park you hop to, closes at 6, not really worth it. If they close at 8 or later, certainly can be worth it.
It also really depend what you are hoping to do at the park you are hopping to.

For now we have purchased regular tickets. My main thought is that aside from say Epcot to MK and vice versa (i.e. monorail)....or HS to Epcot (i.e. Skyliner), wouldn't you waste hours of time just travelling one to the other? Or is transportation one to another park not as bad as it seems? (Last trip we had a car but next one we will use Disney transportation)

I have not heard of any issues with park hopping. I'm pretty sure we would have heard there were problems. I got park hopper tickets because we are BWI and I love the idea of heading over to epcot or DHS for an evening or afternoon. I plan to do a couple of ADRs at DHS and Epcot

As others have said, thus far there have been no issues with being able to hop. I was there early April, had hoppers and hopped every single day. One day I hopped to 3 parks, not by some plan or design, just happened. Which is what is great about having them, you are able to just go with it.

As far as transportation taking a lot of time, I've never had an issue with it and have always had hoppers and have always used Disney transportation. I walk between HS and Epcot (and no I'm not young and/or fit). AK and MK are morning to mid-afternoon parks for me. I spend part of every single day at Epcot. One of the good things about them is you really don't have to worry about getting anywhere at any special time. Tired of park A and it's after 2 (right now), no problem hop on the first bus to arrive and move on.

No one has not been able to use hoppers since they were reinstated. Things are only going to open up and expand from here. This is silly...a Disney Rep said something :confused3. The only downside for hopper right now is the parks aren't open very late.

We too are going next May and are a park hopping family. Right now, I do not have PH on our tickets, but that may change. Or it might not, talking to my DD’s, we might try something new this trip and not PH. Both have suggested some different alternatives. Either way, a lot can change in a year and with the 60 day reservations, a lot of time to discuss and plan.

We like PHs because of the dining options it opens up and also the freedom to mive if the park we chose is busier.

We also visit the water parks a few days so the PH+ option works well for us.

We never park hopped before 2 PM anyway, like the current system requires. We did purchase them for our upcoming trip. We like the flexibility because we go back to our resort in the afternoons now to relax and nap or spend time at the pool. Sometimes we feel like going back to the same park, but sometimes we prefer another. Park hopping in our situation is no different than before.

don’t know if that helps for your situation, but just throwing my two cents in there.
Dan

My main thought is that aside from say Epcot to MK and vice versa (i.e. monorail)....or HS to Epcot (i.e. Skyliner), wouldn't you waste hours of time just travelling one to the other?

No. It doesnt take hours to hop but having an idea where you would want to hope to/from and on what days certainly does help.

AK and MK on the same day and HS/Epcot on the same day make alot of sense.

Right now the Epcot monorail is not running so it makes more sense to have HS as your hop option on your Epcot days (and vice versa) since you have three options to get between the two (walk, skyliner and friendship boat) and even if you walk, most people can do that in 25 minutes or less.

Now, AK to MK or MK to AK takes more time but alot of that is the TTC so ride shares can help there if the extra time is that big of a deal but even if taking a Disney bus it doesnt take hours.

My last thought is that time spent hopping isn't wasted, it's invested. Hoppers give you flexibility and lets you see and do more even if you werent' able to get a park reservation.

We're going December 2022 and I bought hoppers. No hesitation. No one has reported not being able to hop after 2pm and I consider them insurance that we'll get in all the park time we went regardless of park reservations (although I can make them at any point now).

My family just returned from WDW on 6/10. We stayed at BC and had added a PH option months after first booking the resort and stay. I will say this about PH, it was very helpful and I'm very glad we had it. One day, which was our AK day, there was a power outage due to a blown transformer (what we were told by a CM at KRR). We decided to cut our day short at AK, return to the resort, relax for 1 hour, and we walked to EP late-afternoon and evening touring.

The next day was our EP day. We then left early from EP and hopped back to AK and finished riding some of the attractions that were not available to us from the day before.

We parked hopped every day save for one day.

I think another less discussed benefit of the PH option, is that we attended HS one night and had a park reservation for the next morning. We closed down HS and we were able to discuss on our way home what rides we wanted to go to at rope drop the next morning. Because we did SDD that evening, my kids ran to RNRC and ToT and my DW and I went to MRR, because we didn't feel the need to RD and head straight to SDD or SMR with the rest of the "crazies". :) I mean "crazies" in the nicest way possible because we are usually one of them.

I vote no. You’ll waste a lot of time hopping around.

Take it easy. Enjoy your vacation at a relaxed pace!
As far as wasting a lot of time, I'd say that really depends on where you are staying (and how you like to tour). Park hopping to Epcot and DHS is super easy from any of the Epcot area resorts as well as the Skyliner resorts. Same is true for hopping to MK from any of the MK area resorts.

We are not hopping this time, for the first time ever. We are off property and have 10 days in the parks (usually we would go back to the hotel for a mid afternoon break and then hop to a different park in the evening, but that won't be an option this time). There are 6 of us and I think spending the whole day in one park will be better this time. My youngest is 7- it will be his first trip without a stroller. I think the extra waking to/from transportation and in and out of parks will be harder for him than just taking a break somewhere in the parks. We can always add them when we get there if we feel they are needed.

We hop to multiple parks often... If done strategically it takes less time to hop from one park to another than standing in many of the current standby lines.

Park hoppers are worth it for the extra flexibility they offer. With less to do at the moment in each park, it is better to be able to go to another park on the same day.

It's interesting how hard you guys are defending park hopper. Paying an extra $75 just to go to a different park for dinner seems like a waste to me, and I'd hardly mind heading home 2 hours early to relax in bed after a day in the park.

I have noticed that those who have been often are the ones most into PH. Also, the people that always stay onsite seem most interested in hopping to Epcot for dinner.

I'm planning a two-week trip, off-site, with car and first-time, so I don't understand the appeal.

Although I think the OP's question assumes that the PH is normally worthwhile, and asks if it is still worthwhile with the restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter