Are park hoppers still worth it?

It's interesting how hard you guys are defending park hopper. Paying an extra $75 just to go to a different park for dinner seems like a waste to me, and I'd hardly mind heading home 2 hours early to relax in bed after a day in the park.
I get it. We didn't park hop for years. Now when we are there for 10 nights, it just makes sense and gives us a lot of flexibility.

Our first few years (Weeklong+ trips) we didn't get them or need them. Those early trips there was so many new things to do that we easily filled up entire days in each park open to close.

Now, there are many attractions/shows that we've done so many times that parks like Animal Kingdom aren't full day. So now, if Happily Ever after got rained out on our MK day, we would have the flexibility to hop there just for that. We are staying at Boardwalk, so we like the flexibility to walk over to Epcot and walk the World Showcase at night since it stays open later... stuff like that.

Honestly, I find PH's much more valuable for longer stays than short stays. If I only had 1-2 days, I feel like it would be too hectic trying to park hop just to try squeezing everything in.

Dan

It's interesting how hard you guys are defending park hopper. Paying an extra $75 just to go to a different park for dinner seems like a waste to me, and I'd hardly mind heading home 2 hours early to relax in bed after a day in the park.
A hopper add-on costs less than a hot dog at Casey's in many cases... see 8-10 day tickets. Under $10/day

I have noticed that those who have been often are the ones most into PH. Also, the people that always stay onsite seem most interested in hopping to Epcot for dinner.
I'm planning a two-week trip, off-site, with car and first-time, so I don't understand the appeal.
Although I think the OP's question assumes that the PH is normally worthwhile, and asks if it is still worthwhile with the restrictions.
I've only had hoppers a couple times and only bought them because you had to for waterparks to be included. That has since changed. We barely used them. We have always been a one park a day family including mid-day breaks. The park were at is the theme for the day. They all have a different feeling. That being said, I completely understand how people who hop dig the versatility of it.

We're doing 5 days in the parks by park hopping we can do combine parks into one day so we can get more time at certain parks and less at others. Last time we went we did three parks in one day with a almost 2 year old and 4 year old. Plus Epcot has so many great options for food.

We are headed to the airport now after a week there and got hoppers this time. We usually don’t get them and only have a few times but I like having them now that our kids were teens. When they were young and we had the stroller etc, it was too much of a hassle to leave. But now we like the flexibility - especially when it comes to meals or if things pop up, especially weather. If you can afford it then I would get them.

I have been going to WDW with my kids since 2008 and we have never gotten hoppers until this year. Normally we just stick to one park a day on our trips.
Dh and I have gone during F&W and just ended up only going to Epcot for the days we were there but this is the first time all of us will be going so they will definitely be worth it this time.
If the next trip isn't during F&W we probably won't get them.

Wondering what people think about the ability to hop to MK or Epcot after the fireworks start July 1? Do you think it will cause an increase in capacity and prevent hopping? I couldn’t get MK reservation so I’m hoping to hop!

Wondering what people think about the ability to hop to MK or Epcot after the fireworks start July 1? Do you think it will cause an increase in capacity and prevent hopping? I couldn’t get MK reservation so I’m hoping to hop!

This is a great question! 👀

We were really hoping to hop to Epcot for some post-dinner treats from F&W on our HS day. Really don't want hopping to be limited after paying the $$ for the hoppers!

As fast as they're increasing capacity levels, I doubt there will be any issues. They rarely hit capacity. The first night of fireworks and maybe the 4th could be a problem, but that's about it.

We have always gotten PH's- loved hitting rope drop in 1 park in the morning riding standby, then back to the resort mid-day for swimming and a break and then off to an late afternoon park to use our FP's. I think it's just as important now. We have little interest in Epcot right now, but would like to hit the F&W for a short time and see the evening show, no interest in spending a whole day there. Plus we do want as many tries at ROTR as we can get, but don't need multiple days at HS so we'd hop out from there as well.

It just gives us much more flexibility and we wouldn't go without it. Hopefully FP will return soon and we'll the full value of hopping back.

Hoppers are always a must for us, and we already have them in place for our Summer 2022 trip. I have no doubt we will be thrilled to have them, just as before. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter