• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any Disney stores left?

Still open in Bridgewater, NJ. I'm looking forward to getting some new merchandise once the Disney "buyers" start taking over the purchasing. I'm really thinking about getting a "just for fun" job there in a few years to take advantage of the employee discounts! Or... maybe DD 14 can get her first job there.. hmmmmm :)

The one in the Wisconsin Dells was still open as of last weekend.

Maybe it's just us, but DD10 and I were excited to visit it but as we walked around, it just didn't feel right; we decided we'd much rather wait to do our Disney shopping while we're actually AT Disney! But I guess if we weren't going in 2 months, we might've felt differently. :confused3

Central PA lost at least 4 of them.the only thing left is the Disney Outlet, and that i think they said would close at the end of the year.
Where is the disney Outlet?
They closed the one in Logan Valley Mll Altoona and Johnstown Galeria
they were both a hour from my house!

I used to work for The Disney Store here in Toledo, OH. It's inside a mall and it's still going stong!!! You can definitely tell that there have been some changes in merchandise. I wanna go back there to work sooo bad, but I don't that I'll ever be able to....at least for now.....

We also have an outlet store in some pleace called Great Lakes Crossing. Never been there...but heard it's fantastic. It's up in Michigan somewhere!!

There is one in the Braintree Mall in Braintree, MA. I was there over the weekend.

There is one north of Columbus, I was wanting to see about getting the DW and myself some shirts for our November trip. I walked into the store, looked around for about 15 seconds, shook my head and walked out. They for sure dont cater to anything but little girls it looked like, maybe a 'small' amount of Wall-E stuff. But other then that unless you wanted HSM, Hanna Montana, or Princess stuff, that was it. Heck, I saw very little Mickey stuff even.

So, if most are like this, it's no wonder they are closing down, they dont have crap really. For disney being such a creative empire, you'd sure as heck think they could come up with a decent selection of stuff for adults, and a little variety for kids.

Yea, yea, yea. I know the stuff that they have probably sells, but I'm sure there are people like me that walk in and do exactly what I did.

I can tell you what most likely happened, the adult merchandise that you were looking for was located in the back of the store. Even before TCP took over, the adult clothing was moved to the back (at least at my store) and now is still in the back. Granted, when we have t-shirt sales, the adult shirts are moved up to the front, but overall the adult clothing is in the back. You just have to walk through the Princess, Hannah Montana and WALL-E (which might I add is popular with adults and children) merchandise to get to the good adult stuff. :thumbsup2

I can tell you what most likely happened, the adult merchandise that you were looking for was located in the back of the store. Even before TCP took over, the adult clothing was moved to the back (at least at my store) and now is still in the back. Granted, when we have t-shirt sales, the adult shirts are moved up to the front, but overall the adult clothing is in the back. You just have to walk through the Princess, Hannah Montana and WALL-E (which might I add is popular with adults and children) merchandise to get to the good adult stuff. :thumbsup2

Could've been, but the store was pretty small anyway, and you could see it all, and I just didnt see anything. Just was disappointed is all, but I understand them stocking what sells well and quickly. Spaces in those malls cant be cheap..

Only one store left in Connecticut - at Westfarms Mall. They closed Milford, Trumbull, Waterford, Danbury and Meriden. OK, CT is a small state, but I had 3 within 30-45 minutes, now I have to drive about 75 minutes. And the stuff isn't that great. Lots of things with HM, HSM, Pirates, Wall-E. Other than that, not much. There was one rack, about 4' long, of adult clothes, and 2 shelves of household stuff. I'll save the gas and shop Disney Outlet online.

Kathy

I guess we're lucky, all 3 of ours are still open. Mall of GA, Gwinnett Place Mall, Discover Mills outlet store.

All of the stores in St. Louis closed.

Makes it harder for my DD to pick out a costume this year. Doing it online just isn't the same!

I have to say, I am pretty disappointed with my Disney store
They used to have so much more. I used to be able to buy adult PJ'S, no more, they used to have really nice coffeee mugs.

It just seems like mine has stuffed animals and kids clothes and that's about it
I usually just wait til we visit WDW to make my purchases

SuperSteelerFan,
I am in the Pgh area as well. There is a Disney store left at South Hills Village. I have been hitting it up alot lately, as they have been running 60% off sales on the weekends. Some great buys, if you are looking for them!
Yeah, that's the one that I meant that's an hour from me. I'm actually in Beaver County. I heard the store was pretty bad - has it improved? I hope so since it's the only one left! Of course, with gas prices what they are, I won't be there very often.

In the Portland, OR area we went from 4 to 2.

Still there:
Washington Square Mall- Tigard
Clackamas Town Center- Clackamas

Gone:
Lloyd Center- Portland
Vancouver Mall- Vancouver, WA

As long as mine in Washington Sq. is still there my mom will be a happy lady.

The older one at the mall south of Charlotte is still going strong, and a new outlat store opened less than a year ago at our big outlet mall. Now I have 2 Disney stores to go to!!

We have on outlet at Concord Mills in Concord, NC and they have some really great deals. I have already finished my christmas shopping thanks to all the great sales they have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter