• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any Disney stores left?

The outlet store is still open in Opry Mills, though. :thumbsup2

I hope the one in Opry Mills stays open! We always stop there on our way to WDW when we stay in Nashville for the night to help us get our Disney fix because we know we're on our way!

I have quite a few near me in Philadelphia, So. NJ, and Delaware malls! They're small, but always pretty packed.

The one in the Wisconsin Dells was still open as of last weekend.

Maybe it's just us, but DD10 and I were excited to visit it but as we walked around, it just didn't feel right; we decided we'd much rather wait to do our Disney shopping while we're actually AT Disney! But I guess if we weren't going in 2 months, we might've felt differently. :confused3

What!!! There was a Disney store at the Dells?? How did I miss that on my last visit there in June?? Oh, wait, I was busy trying to find a place to hide from the tornado that also chose to visit that day...

The only Disney store in Iowa closed this summer...sadness. I know that they did not have much good stuff in it, but still it was fun to go into something Disney...

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but they've closed the Disney stores in smaller malls. Most of the major malls or outlet malls still have a Disney store. I was in Chicago this past month and a Disney store was on Michigan Ave. Also, the closest Disney store to me is an hour away in Auburn Hills, MI at the biggest mall in the state.

I believe this only pretains to the United States as the Disney Store in Toronto was still open and the manager said that they had no plans to close the few Canadians Disney Stores.

The older one at the mall south of Charlotte is still going strong, and a new outlat store opened less than a year ago at our big outlet mall. Now I have 2 Disney stores to go to!!

I know there is a shop at Concord Mills but where is the Outlet at?! It would be worth the hour trip if there is an outlet around. :cool1:

They didnt close the one in the mall next to us or my sister. I am in Houston and she is in the Woodlands in Texas.

I know there is a shop at Concord Mills but where is the Outlet at?! It would be worth the hour trip if there is an outlet around. :cool1:
Believe it or not, the one at Concord Mills is an outlet!! IMO, they have exactly the same merchandise as the store at Carolina Place mall, though. I guess it's just good that we got a new store, whether it is labeled an outlet or not- I really can't tell any difference between it and the "regular" one.

When Disney purchased the Disney Stores back from Children's Place, they closed down the locations that are not very profitable. We still have about 5 in my area. I am in the Dallas, Texas area.

Believe it or not, the one at Concord Mills is an outlet!! IMO, they have exactly the same merchandise as the store at Carolina Place mall, though. I guess it's just good that we got a new store, whether it is labeled an outlet or not- I really can't tell any difference between it and the "regular" one.

The Outlets used to only carry items that were being moved out of the stores for new merchandise to come in...now the Outlets carry the old merchandise as well as all of the new merchandise being released into Disney Stores. :)

We have one Disney store available in our local mall, Mays Landing NJ, approx 10 miles from Atlantic City.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter