Are there any rides we can't take our 15 mo DD on?

mom2nickntink

WDW Newbie
I know the big ones are out, but what about the MK land rides? Like Buzz, Pooh, Dumbo. etc? I'm not concerned about noise or darkness, I'm concerned about her being too small or being thrown around.

Is there any boards which will let me put in her height and see if there are any retrictions for her?

There is a height restriction list at www.wdwig.com.

Its pretty much the big thrill type rides - she will be able to ride Pooh, Dumbo, Buzz, etc.

The only things our DD would not have been allowed to ride are the "mountains" in MK, Test Track, Rock N' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. We decided not to ride a few others from our own experiences and what she does or doesn't like. We also have a keychain flashlight (it's a small one) that she can use if it is a particularly dark area and we notice her starting to get stressed. The only thing I remember her getting scared on at that age was the 2nd Imagination ride, which has since been replaced. She also has not been into any of the 3-D deals yet, more because we just haven't gotten around to it.

Our DD was 14 months when we went in July. She rode everything(except Alien, space mountain and Thunder mountain). She even went in the haunted mansion and was not afraid. When we visited Universal studies, she had her own bike on the ET ride!

My dd was frightened on Pirates and Snow White. She was 2 1/2 at the time. The rides were dark and could get loud. We were able to comfort her on these rides by putting her on our lap. Each child is different and will react differently to each ride. Haunted Mansion didn't bother her at all. None of these rides would be too "rough" for her.

My almost-3yo has already told me she's not going on the "Scary Ghost Ride" (Haunted Mansion) or Pirates. That's fine with me. I'll happily stay outside and soak up MK atmosphere while Grandma takes the big kids on the rides.

Nope - at 16months my dd went on everything that didn't have a height restricton. I suggest considering a front carrier or sling in addition to the stroller. The carrier or sling is a lifesaver in lines as well as while riding on the attractions.

TJ

Here's a http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/height.htm]link to the DIS height/age calculator.[/URL] A 14 mo might not be scared of a some things as long as you are with them. They might not like the dark or loud rides, but be OK as long as you are holding them. Once they get a little bit older and can understand things like the idea of ghosts, things get harder.

I suggest considering a front carrier or sling in addition to the stroller. The carrier or sling is a lifesaver in lines as well as while riding on the attractions.
That's a really good suggestion. Many people are not aware that strollers are not allowed in most lines. A 15 month old is quite heavy to carry in line and they are so little that if they are walking in line, they could get stepped on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter