Are you still “quarantining” or have you resumed most activities?

Today we finally took the plunge to dine out at a local restaurant and sat outside on the patio with the baby. He was mesmerized by what he was seeing out in the world. I also got a haircut today too. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo. Trying to do things that are outside and that we can still practice social distancing. We are still saying no to friends/family gatherings for now since there will be a lot of people in a small area even if it is outside.

My daughter is back to work at her job at the mall. The only reason she's doing it is that the store isn't open to the public; rather, just a few people are working packing mail order and ship-to-store packages.
I've dropped her off /picked her up a couple times, and I'M AMAZED at how many people are going to the mall. Some in masks, most not. The parking lot is actually quite full.

So, yeah, LOTS of people are back to "business as usual". And it's no surprise that our number of new cases is increasing.

Very normal summer for us in Georgia. Our community pool is open and we are there frequently. Only difference is we bring our own chairs this year. It’s a huge pool so it is easy to social distance. The gym opened a few weeks ago and I go daily. We reserve spots in classes now, which is really nice, and we don’t have to get or clean our own equipment, which is great for members. It’s all laid out for us. The kids are playing tennis and volleyball. Malls and shopping and restaurants are open, and we have been out several times. We go to the local parks to walk, hike, and ride bicycles. I’ve had my hair done. We hang out outside with the neighbors several nights a week. We went to Callaway Gardens to ride bikes and swim at the lake beach.

Just got back from a four night trip to Panama City Beach. Seemed just like our trip last year. Everything was open. Restaurants, beaches, pools, hot tubs, shopping, mini-golf, go-carts, zip lining, boat tours. Great trip.

Soon heading to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, then to Orlando. Only thing different this summer for us is that a big volleyball tournament got cancelled and we won’t be doing theme parks (well, we might possibly do Volcano Bay).

I feel so fortunate to live in a state (and that is contiguous to other states) where life goes on.

We have been hiking and canoeing two or three times a week since this all began. We choose places that most folks don’t go to & so we’ve seldom met anyone. We have ordered take out several times. Grocery shopping has been once every two weeks, shopping at Aldi mostly. Don’t go anywhere near the local WalMart. Our area has just begun Phase 3 (upstate NY) so limited dine-in at restaurants, retail stores have opened, etc. We have no desire to eat at a restaurant any time soon. When we’ve been out and about we’ve noticed that most folks are wearing masks.

I'm still abiding by a self-quarantine however that largely comes from keeping the kiddo safe. I've resumed daily walks and wear a mask while I'm out. My husband handles the groceries but he also wears a mask when he's out.

We are still being very cautious. I haven't been inside a store since early March. I have everything delivered or picked up curbside. I have no intention to go inside a store or any place of business for the foreseeable future. Definitely no intention to go out to eat at a restaurant. I have a doctor's appointment at the end of June. I will wear an N95 mask when I go. DH has done the same for the appointment he had. Any appointments that aren't absolutely necessary will be postponed.

Enjoying being with my little family. I don't feel the need to see anyone outside of it. FaceTime, phone calls, and texting work great.

Never did in the first place.

Only time I "quarantined" was a self-quarantine back in January when I was actually (and severely) sick.

Only thing that prevented me from going/doing is the fact that everything I wanted to go/do was closed.

The only significant change I made was I no longer invited people anywhere, to let them set the boundaries since I didn't really have any.

Still quarantining. I go out for curbside grocery pickup once or twice a week but otherwise we are staying away from people. I feel like most of the people around me are returning to normal activities though. Many of my daughter's friends have resumed having play dates, and my teenage son's friends never stopped hanging out together. My daughter has invited friends to play outside in our culdesac as long as they keep their distance (and I put out a big hug of hand sanitizer for them) but she is not allowed to go to anyone's house yet.

Our state is ridiculous
Agreed.

Still cautious here. Ordering pickup or drive through for restaurants. Got a haircut this week, first time since early February. Stopped by and saw my son and his family, first time since February. Stayed outside on the deck. He is a firefighter/paramedic, his wife is an ER nurse. Lots of COVID with their works.

Masks anytime outside.

We don't have a lot of choice, as my state is just starting Phase 2. We aren't allowed back on campus yet, so still working from home until July 1 (at a minimum, and the restrictions to returning to work are going to be limiting). Gyms, movie theaters, bowling alleys, etc., aren't open yet. Breweries, taprooms, bars, and wineries aren't open yet. Restaurants have just started opening (a week or 2 ago) with very limited capacity inside, limited if they have outside seating also. Most restaurants are still doing carry-out only. Retail stores (not essential) are allowed to open with limitations, but many haven't chosen to. We are still wearing masks in stores, still staying 6' away from others, still limits on the number of people allowed in a store at one time. I try to limit my shopping to one trip a week. We have been seeing select friends, but always outside, everyone in masks, 6' away from each other.

Are you still “quarantining” or have you resumed most activities?

Somewhere in the middle. I'm not being as strict about staying home. - Grocery shopping feels more normal, for instance, though with a mask now. Instead of trying to plan for two weeks and just making do without fresh things, I'm going a little more frequently.

I haven't had any desire to resume going to restaurants, though, and I feel like a lot of people around here are jumping too fast into "normal" social gatherings. I did have a take-out picnic lunch with a friend and her two kids outside last week, but we spread out.

Honestly, I think I found the clear cut transition to quarantine easier in some ways than the "fuzzy" transition out of it. Everything now is a risk assessment, and I don't like thinking about it all the time.

Texas is open for business and it seems like everyone is back to normal but us. We are still isolating because my son is high risk. That means curbside pickup every 10 days for groceries and I still wipe them down. No restaurants, haircuts or shopping. Our only taste of real life is going for drives and walks.

We went for a long drive today in the country but took the highway home. I could not believe all the traffic on I-35. Texans apparently could not give a flying flip anymore about Covid. It's going to bite this state in the butt big time in the coming months.

Last edited:
If 10 is the old normal and 1 is complete lockdown, we're at about a 3.

We've left the house for car rides and visits to parks (mostly still in the car unless we're totally alone). Still only doing takeout from restaurants and wearing masks everywhere. However, we did have our first in-person visit with a youth we mentor (yay!) and I'm making trips to the store that aren't strictly essential. DH got a much longed-for haircut.

Over the 4th we're going to a rental cabin a couple hours away. I will bring sanitizing supplies and we'll either cook or get takeout, but I can't wait for a change of scenery!

There seems to be a large contingent here in FL that are completely unbothered. Less than 50% are wearing masks at the stores, bars seem well-attended. Cases are rising and I fear we're in for a rough landing. :-(

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/state-of-local-emergency-being-lifted-in-calgary-1.4980131We are in Canada, in Alberta. Our State of Medical Emergency was completely dropped yesterday. We went from heavy restrictions, which ended on May 31 with a very cautions Phase-1 re-opening (non-urgent medical services, retail stores and salons for hair cutting only) under specific conditions to basically everything being fully open on June 11. Of course this doesn't mean everything is actually fully open; it's permission, not a mandate. Lots of business are being cautious as the onus for staff and patron safety falls complete to whatever measures they put in place and can enforce themselves.

As far as social gatherings go, there is now no limit on group size outdoors but indoors we must/should (that part is fuzzy as far as possible enforcement goes) limit group size to however many can maintain 6' personal distance within the venue. We can easily do that in our homes when only two couples meet (none of us have little kids to factor in). I'm not nervous at all. The honest truth is that neither ourselves or any of our friends personally know a single soul that has had Covid. We're mostly all the rule-following types and have adhered to every restriction put in place. We're relatively low-risk. It's really, really hard to be worried.

It’s strange that Alberta is more relaxed than Manitoba considering how low our case load is/was. We are at 305 cases with 7 deaths. I think our active caseload as of today is 8. We had 2 new cases today and 1 yesterday. That’s following weeks of no new cases.

We are mooostly open but everything has restrictions. Our crowd size is 50 indoor, 100 outdoor.

* we are either about to start phase 3 or just did, so these numbers might have changed.

To answer the question, we’re still staying home as much as possible. We both have weakened immune systems (mine being virtually non existent) and we both can work from home so we’re good where we are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter