Argh! Here we go again.

Rajah

DIS Veteran
My car's in the shop *again*. This time for a fan noise and overheating.

Hopefully it won't be too expensive this time, I'm crossing my fingers that it's either a hose with a pinhole leak and/or an inexpensive fan repair problem, but whatever the case, I'm without a car again. At least for now.

We really should replace my car, but again at this point, the repair costs aren't greater than the costs of a down payment and monthly payments on a new car, so unless the bill is high, it make more sense to repair than replace.

But at the same time, we're checking out available new/slightly used cars (2000 or newer) just in case.

I'm so ready to not have constant car issues again.

Pixie dust for your car - here's hoping it's something minor.

Rajah,

Where are you? Down by Clear Lake? I have a really good mechanic on the west side of town. Let me know if that could be of any help to you.

Kirk

Sorry to hear about your car problems, it can be annoying. I hope it does end up being something really simple.

:bounce::wave::bounce:

I'm with you Rajah,
My Caravan is paid in full now for 4years and the thought of having a carpymnt stinks - Right now my caravan runs well and has had no major problems but with 139,000miles on it -- its just a matter of time for us. Hope your car problem is minor and inexpensive!

Kirk -- Yup, I'm in Clear Lake. Thanks for the offer, but there's a car repair place we've been going to for years. They take good care of us there and twice now have caught problems (and shown us the burnt-out part) twice that were beyond what we anticipated when we took it in. Unlike some of the repair places around here, they find the *problem* and fix it, not just the symptom. I feel our car is in good hands there. It's just in their hands too often ;) Oh well, what should I expect with a '94 with 109,000 miles on it?

I've been wanting a new car for 2 years now, but my car is still good enough most of the time that it doesn't make sense to buy a new one. And since last year DH got a new car (had to, his car was in the "must replace" range instead of the "this would be good to replace" range. Was becoming more to repair his car than to make new car payments) and we bought a house, we really shouldn't take on yet another car payment right now, if we could even qualify.

Good luck Tammi. Car repairs can be very frustrating.

We'll see what kind of service they provide this time.

They close in 5 minutes. I called them a half hour ago to check on the status of the car. He said it was in being looked at right now.

I have known these guys to check out a car, find the problem, and get it fixed that evening, even staying after they close to do so, so it wouldn't surprise me if they do it again tonight. At very least, I should know whether I'm looking at cars toinght or not...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter