Artist Point

DaddyBrady said:
Here in Seattle, we get Copper River the day after its caught -- the arrival of the first planeload is 5 o'clock news worthy. This year it turned out to be very hard to get, so I'm a bit peeved to find out you could get some in Florida!;) Hands off our salmon!
Sigh. . .we used to live in Alaska. . .big sigh. . .

Thanks so much for the wonderful review!!! We've never been, but have ADR's for our upcoming to celebrate our anniversary! Sounds like we made a good choice!

Question: Where is AP located in the hotel? We've eaten at WCC, but when I try to picture where AP is, I can't! Thanks!

As you face WCC, AP will be to the right with the Territory Lounge in between the two. Walk as if you are heading toward Roaring Forks and right before you start down the long inside ramp (that also takes you out to the main pool), you will see the entrance to AP. There is no big sign or anything, just a menu on a column. Head up behind that column. Good eats! :thumbsup2

This is our favorite restaurant. We have ADR's for our Anniversary in December and this time DD will be in the Cub's Den.

You guys ate pretty much what we always order. We like to get the wine flight with our meal.

Mom and I have this on our list for our next trip (DB too picky for this one last time and he is staying home this time). I REALLY want to try the salmon...but I have tried salmon several times and it is just too fishy....

Do you think there is a way to just try the salmon without ordering a whole portion? If it was yucky I would hate to waste it...plus I would be hungry!

Ask your server for just a taste and explain it just how you did in your post. They're usually very accomodating there. For example, a couple of years back my wife and I couldn't decide which wines we wanted for our 3-wine flights. So, our server brought out a sample of 3 or 4 wines that were heading our list! It was just a sip or two of each, but needless to say, that is exemplary service. For the record, salmon is a very rich fish so it does have a tendency to taste fishier than, say, tilapia or halibut. Still, when cooked properly, you shouldn't notice a strong fishy taste in salmon, either. Enjoy!

sleepydog25 said:
As you face WCC, AP will be to the right with the Territory Lounge in between the two. Walk as if you are heading toward Roaring Forks and right before you start down the long inside ramp (that also takes you out to the main pool), you will see the entrance to AP. There is no big sign or anything, just a menu on a column. Head up behind that column. Good eats! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I can hardly wait! :goodvibes

Great review, thanks for posting. Also enjoyed learning that tidbit about the salmon, I'm going to have to try some next year. :scratchin

I had the exact same items when we went earlier this month, minus the cheese! I was just saying to my DH this morning that I was craving that Smoky Portobello Mushroom Soup like a madwoman!

DH had the Venison Spring Rolls but I believe he had the Filet for his entreé. We split the Berry Cobbler and once again, OMG, to die for. :thumbsup2

:goodvibes Well, I can see from this postings, that I have not gone wrong with my choice for AP!! We had adrs for WC, but I changed it to AP. Since both my dd and me love :love: salmon....dh I think will try the venison. He would love me to make it at home, but just can't get the nack to get it good. :guilty: So thanks for all the info!!!! :banana:

Dont know if the menu changed but DF and I really enjoyed the pork chops and filet last oct!...Looking foward to enjoying it again in a few weeks!!!!!

WDWannabe said:
:goodvibes Well, I can see from this postings, that I have not gone wrong with my choice for AP!! We had adrs for WC, but I changed it to AP. Since both my dd and me love :love: salmon....dh I think will try the venison. He would love me to make it at home, but just can't get the nack to get it good. :guilty: So thanks for all the info!!!! :banana:
Smart move to change from WCC to AP, though they are totally different restaurants so it's hardly fair to compare them. One note, AP currently isn't carrying venison as an entree unless that changed from two weeks ago. They do have the venison spring rolls which are excellent; however, may I suggest the duck confit? It's a braised duck leg with a lot of meat that comes on a small bed of greens with pear slices, an apple vinaigrette, and duck prosciutto. It was tremendous!

The game meat they have for an entree is buffalo which I highly recommend. Have it served medium rare (medium if you absolutely must), or it will get slightly leathery due to its lean nature. It comes with a sweet onion jam and is served atop a bed of sweet potato gratin. If you like wine, I suggest you pair the buffalo with a syrah or cabernet and the salmon with a lovely pinot noir. And if you like coffee, you must have AP's. It's served French press style at your table and is made from beans that only AP receives (so said our server). The coffee goes best with the berry cobbler but the Coffee Two Ways is still a fine choice, as well. Good eats! :thumbsup2 Oh, and congrats on becoming a mouseketeer!

Thanks for the great review! Last month was our first time to try AP (we've tried almost ever other fine dining restaurant at WDW), and were quite pleased. We basically had the exact same menu that you did (I even had white wine and he had red..........we got the flights), except I had the Buffalo. The soup and berry cobbler were outstanding. The only negative thing that we encountered was our server who was quite young and very possibly new. She took all of our silverware away (which she should do) from our appetizers, and then didn't bring us any more for our entree. Our entrees came out and nobody noticed (at this point we were thinking that she was coming with them), and she never came and we called her over and she asked if everything was ok (it was quite apparent that we were missing silverware), and she finally did bring us some once we alerted her to the problem. Other than that it was great and we would definitely go back!

sleepydog25, thank you, for your congrats!!

Yes, I told dh about the buffalo, and I think he may try it. I guess I thought the venison was a entree, but I think he will have those as an appitizer. I will remember to tell him med rare, he likes his reg steak med. As long as its not running with juice on the plate. We do not like wine or coffee, but thanks for the pairings! I would not know what to pick anyway! Did not think about duck, I have only had it once, that I know of, but may have to dream about it.

I thought about WC, at first and thought we would love it. Then the more I thought of how much we love salmon, what better place to have it than a rest, that is known for it!!! DH will just have to get over it!! No, really he is a doll about where to eat, just feed him!! And don't call him late to supper!

Thank you for your input, it was very nice of you to offer suggestions!!

Pixie Dust for you!! pixiedust:

Thanks for your review. Look forward to going back to Artist Point next Saturday night! :cloud9:

I am looking forward to my ADR in October.

I was wondering if with the DP you just get non alcoholic drink, appetizer, main meal and desert, or are there any additional courses (I am hoping the cheese is one)

Thanks,

gigi1313 said:
thank you so much for your review... we're really on the fence between AP and YS... if only there were enough days/nights to try all the wdw restaurants... sigh...
So many restaurants, so little time. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter