As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

I don't even know the last time I posted here. Unfortunately, due to budgetary and space issues, I haven't been able to change my mind as much.
We're renting points at BCV in the spring, but I have to figure out where to stay at Universal. Cabana Bay is my top pick right now with the current prices, but I'm kind of hoping something awesome will be released that will let us stay at Premier....

Our trip is getting close and silly me looked again at other available resort options. We are currently booked at AKL (standard room) but now I’m giving second thoughts to a studio at Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge. Any thoughts or opinions?

Would AKL be specifically more quiet a resort in general? Is WL worth it for the transportation options? I’m so confused now! Lol Thanks for any opinions or insight.

Our trip is getting close and silly me looked again at other available resort options. We are currently booked at AKL (standard room) but now I’m giving second thoughts to a studio at Copper Creek/Wilderness Lodge. Any thoughts or opinions?

Would AKL be specifically more quiet a resort in general? Is WL worth it for the transportation options? I’m so confused now! Lol Thanks for any opinions or insight.
Welp… guess that’s not happening. Not available anymore, only thing 1 bedroom for like $1,500 more lol I was really leaning towards it too. More sad than I thought I’d be.

Welp… guess that’s not happening. Not available anymore, only thing 1 bedroom for like $1,500 more lol I was really leaning towards it too. More sad than I thought I’d be.
Keep looking! That happened to me with room and 20-ish minutes later it was available again - the other person’s cart must have times out!

I would go with Copper Creek if you can. Transportation is much more convenient and I love their pools!

Keep looking! That happened to me with room and 20-ish minutes later it was available again - the other person’s cart must have times out!

I would go with Copper Creek if you can. Transportation is much more convenient and I love their pools!
I’m not as lucky as you - that’s awesome! I kept checking back last night and have again this morning - no dice lol The way I keep thinking about it makes me think that’s where I really want to be so I’ll keep checking, although idk how often things change in that 30 day before trip window. I wish I hadn’t waited to discuss with my husband until after my sons bedtime and just done it lol

I’m not as lucky as you - that’s awesome! I kept checking back last night and have again this morning - no dice lol The way I keep thinking about it makes me think that’s where I really want to be so I’ll keep checking, although idk how often things change in that 30 day before trip window. I wish I hadn’t waited to discuss with my husband until after my sons bedtime and just done it lol
If you feel comfortable sharing dates in direct message, I can keep my eyes peeled for you - I am frequently dubbing around looking at what’s available! (Not an agent, just have no self control 🤣 )

If you feel comfortable sharing dates in direct message, I can keep my eyes peeled for you - I am frequently dubbing around looking at what’s available! (Not an agent, just have no self control 🤣 )
Thank you! It actually came available again this morning and I was considering it again. This time I talked to my 4 year old (lol) I put side by side screen shots of the room space, bathroom and pool and every single time he pointed and said he liked the AKL one better (haven’t even told him about the animals.. lol) so I guess we’ll stay put.

Thank you! It actually came available again this morning and I was considering it again. This time I talked to my 4 year old (lol) I put side by side screen shots of the room space, bathroom and pool and every single time he pointed and said he liked the AKL one better (haven’t even told him about the animals.. lol) so I guess we’ll stay put.
That is so sweet, the animals will be a huge surprise!! My daughter is also four and I keep asking her where she would like to stay, she always says “with Timon and Pumbaa” aka AKL.

Yep that age will love the animals. I had a hard time getting Ds at 6 to leave for the parks!

They are only little once so do that makes them happy. Next trip It will be something different,

@Shibafam2011 i have been to akl 2 times in the past year , I love the zebras and giraffes . The stinky guy? Not so much 😂

Glad dd is looking forward to it.

Very exciting! It is a beautiful resort! I am glad we stayed there, but our logistics were unfortunate. We already had my mother-in-love with a scooter and my little two in a stroller (as a wheelchair - both littles are autistic, which presents additional safety challenges) - *first day* of a two week trip my bonus daughter rolls her ankle - so we wound up with two scooters and a giant stroller with two kids who are not able to process/follow directions - and only buses! Fortunately we had a rental van, so we drove to the parks, but my husband did not find it at all relaxing getting all three mobility devices in and out of the van every day!
100% would do it again if I had a do over, but I think AKL will be a fond memory of a place I once stayed ❤️😂❤️

Update!

2 nights WL Deluxe Room CL
3 nights CR Garden Wing 2 Queen
4 nights CR 1-bdrm suite CL
And another update - the length of our CR stay opened up for the GW, so I booked it! Finally got down to just two WDW resorts l!

7 nights CR Garden Wing 2 Queen GV

Goodbye Tower Club :single tear:
Hello over 3k of my vacation dollars back!

And another update - the length of our CR stay opened up for the GW, so I booked it! Finally got down to just two WDW resorts l!

7 nights CR Garden Wing 2 Queen GV

Goodbye Tower Club :single tear:
Hello over 3k of my vacation dollars back!
So…I changed our reservations again. And again. And again.

But I think we are good now! (Mostly!)

7 nights RR 1 bedroom (preferred - hoping to change to standard)

So a few changes (all good). When looking for an additional AP discount at the Swan, I discovered that if I arrived one day later 12/7, I could get 6 nights for less than what I was paying for 5, so we switched to 12/7-12/13. Then, Southwest announced they were unexpiring our flight credits that were supposed to expire in September. So, we decided to fly instead of drive. My DH said he'd rather arrive the night before so we're back to arriving 12/6, not sure yet where we're staying but likely offsite. Then, when I went to book the return flight it was half the cost to fly home on 12/14 rather than 12/13 so we're staying one more night on that end...I'm secretly hoping for discounts to come out and stay that last night at Wilderness Lodge...shhhh don't tell! So our 5 night trip is now an 8 night trip with all those changes.
12/6 - ?
12/7-12/13 - Swan
12/14 Wilderness Lodge? POFQ?

Looking to switch it up again for our trip in November. Right now we are at WL for the whole ten days, switching room types right in the middle of our stay, but we want to do a split stay at another resort - and have decided at either Poly or Contemporary. There is hardly anything available on the Disney site, but I keep checking with very little opening up across various dates.

There is a DVC rental for Poly but it’s only partial the length we would want. However, the other nights are coincidentally available on Disney, in the same room type. If we purchase the DVC rental and cash room will Disney put the reservation together, if we ask? I’m pretty flexible but I don’t want to move to the same exact room type in the middle of my stay 🙃

Or would you wait to see what pops up over the next few weeks?

Also, do you all think that availability will become more open or will it be this limited for the end of the year?

switched from AKL this Thursday to Contemporary. Was looking over the weekend and decided to switch. Been a few years since we stayed at the Contemp, and since we will be at AKL in December, made the move.

Looking to switch it up again for our trip in November. Right now we are at WL for the whole ten days, switching room types right in the middle of our stay, but we want to do a split stay at another resort - and have decided at either Poly or Contemporary. There is hardly anything available on the Disney site, but I keep checking with very little opening up across various dates.

There is a DVC rental for Poly but it’s only partial the length we would want. However, the other nights are coincidentally available on Disney, in the same room type. If we purchase the DVC rental and cash room will Disney put the reservation together, if we ask? I’m pretty flexible but I don’t want to move to the same exact room type in the middle of my stay 🙃

Or would you wait to see what pops up over the next few weeks?

Also, do you all think that availability will become more open or will it be this limited for the end of the year?
I am trying to get some nights at a mono resort in November. I keep checking throughout the day and nothing!

However as we get close to the 60 package cancel time frame and conventions release rooms things will start to move.

If you see something, grab it. You can always CHANGE that again!

Glad it isn’t just me! I’ve been driving my husband a bit crazy with switches and talking about switches 😅

We’ve changed from POP to GF to AOA Little Mermaid to POFQ and then switched dates and resort to AKL.

And now I’m trying to decide if we should switch to WL instead since transportation is better and we’ll have a toddler. 🙃 He told me last night that he doesn’t care what I pick and to change anything I want 😂

Glad it isn’t just me! I’ve been driving my husband a bit crazy with switches and talking about switches 😅

We’ve changed from POP to GF to AOA Little Mermaid to POFQ and then switched dates and resort to AKL.

And now I’m trying to decide if we should switch to WL instead since transportation is better and we’ll have a toddler. 🙃 He told me last night that he doesn’t care what I pick and to change anything I want 😂
Haha my husband really does try to discuss all of the switches and resort possibilities but after a while I can see his eyes glossing over. It’s fun for me but only in small doses for him.

Did we chat about your resort options on another thread?

The pool area is *much* better at WL, so if that matters to you, definitely take that into consideration. it looks like they have a really fun kids play area at AKL Kidani, but we didn’t enjoy it. The only slide in that area was a *dry* slide! Dry slides and wet bottoms do not mix!

Check out the WL kid’s splash pad on YouTube - my kids could play there all day! (And there is bar service from Geyser Point!)

We take the boat to MK whether we are going to MK or jumping on the monorail (must swap to Epcot line @ at TTC), so very preferable for us with two in a stroller. If you don’t want to collapse the stroller, you do need to wait for the accessible boat, but in our experience every other boat was accessible - worth the extra 15ish minutes for us - and the dock is a very relaxing place - bring bubbles and your little will be happy as a clam!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter