As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Happy Monday, changer in full effect.....

We are now at Boardwalk Villas

DH and I were watching Flower and Garden videos, and he asked why I booked us so far from Epcot......AND availability was on my side today, because BCV, BWV, and YC were all available with the discounts. We went with the cheapest. DH is right, I will give him credit....Epcot closes at 10p each night so this was the right ch-ch-change....plus more money for drinks $$$
Good news! Makes sense. I’m trying to tentatively book Universal for Oct. depending on border opening.

Good news! Makes sense. I’m trying to tentatively book Universal for Oct. depending on border opening.
Definitely book now! When I booked last month it was slim pickings at HRH, and now my dates only have one room type available. Orlando is the place to be this Fall!

Definitely book now! When I booked last month it was slim pickings at HRH, and now my dates only have one room type available. Orlando is the place to be this Fall!
Yes, we’re trying for HRH! TA is trying. Will see what she turns up. It’s shortest walk but I’m good with either of the 3.

Just popped in to see if we are still changing our minds.....and we ARE! It is so good to see some familiar names and tags, and tickers. My planning is in full effect. Of COURSE I am fluctuating now that our trip is almost here. Here is what I have:
3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

Thinking of changing from CR to Poly MKV

I have always wanted to stay both resorts. I have all of my ADR's booked. I need help from my Changer Peeps!!

Just popped in to see if we are still changing our minds.....and we ARE! It is so good to see some familiar names and tags, and tickers. My planning is in full effect. Of COURSE I am fluctuating now that our trip is almost here. Here is what I have:
3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

I have always wanted to stay both resorts. I have all of my ADR's booked. I need help from my Changer Peeps!!
I have poly - CR split next up. Love mono resort splits!

3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

I should have come in here to say when I changed my last stay, again, a week before my trip. Was AKL Savannah view, changed it to BWI CL and CR CL split. Wish I had not made it a split on that one, CR was better this trip, but oh well. As far as CR to Poly, they’re close enough that any ADRs won’t be an issue (to me). They’re both great resorts, I think the level of business is about equal, you just won’t have as close of a TPV at Poly as with CR.

3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

Hey friend! Yes, change to Poly MKV! You are living my dream!

Girl, you know I'm always changing. We are finally settled for our next 2 trips. Alof of changing is just me being indecisive. Some changes were necessary for changing to AP discounts, etc. For September we started out with a split stay at AKL pool view &BWI CL but changed to YC CL. Then I changed to BC CL to take advantage of the AP discount. DD & SIL 25 are staying Saturday- Thursday with us so I thought., 1 Bedrrom villa at Kidanni. Booked it for our entire stay. Then did the math on 2 separate pool view rooms so that they don't have to sleep on a fold out couch & we can still have our separate spaces. So now we are at AKL pool view for our entire stay. I decided to spend the extra on them instead of my split stay CL wishes. lol

But good news on the October trip. DD 26 & DD 21 wanted to stay at AoA instead of the studio I had at Poly so I reluctantly changed it. There is very limited choices for that week so we lost everything I was holding out for. But last week I called & had a PIN that we applied to GDT CL. It was $1000 less than AoA so I changed. DD 21 said do it when she found out mimosas are involved. LOL

Have I found my people?! I am excited this thread is getting some action and I was able to find it. At this point checking resort availability has become part of my morning and night time routines (and various afternoon checks).
We have a trip coming up in November split stay at POR and WL. We have already switched from BC to POR but waiting for any discounts to see if we can get a deal at BW or maybe AKL or Yacht. At this point who knows!! 🤪

3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

I don’t think I’ve ever stayed at the hotel I originally booked. I always change it up lol

As the Ticker Turns~the newest edition of the Resort Changers Thread!
And you could say, we will have more plot twists than a soap opera...without the ugly drama....
orangebird2.gif

The official Resort Chargers mascot...Orange Bird AKA OB TY Kook

Let's get this party started...

I will start with an intro to what we are all about...
(props to stepdisney as I quoted the following from her thread)

We can help in EVERY stage of changing, ahem...I meant planning. Collectively, we have stayed in every resort, or at least visited there. We plan, talk, advise, change, talk, enable, and then full circle back to planning, and the ch-ch-changes go on and on.....

Feel free to post any changes, thoughts of changing, etc. We cover it all, ADRs, dates, resorts...

Thanks for coming, and I hope you have a great time here!!!

Resort Changers - The Series ~ We still can't make up our minds!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all. Our infamous journey into the world of resort changing continues. We call, we change, we research, we talk, we change some more, we change some more, we change some more.....

It is what we do. We are not ashamed, nor do we make excuses, instead, we make CHANGES. Those who understand, come join us. We have until our 45 day limit to change, change, change....Cha Cha Cha Changes....

This is a safe place for all.....don't be ashamed, admitting your weaknesses is the first step... Helpful fun is what we are about over here.....and resort changes, did I mention the resort changes.

An addendum from our girl KOOK....Oh, and don't forget all those room-only reservations we can change with impunity up to five days prior to arrival - not that any of us would do that

To the returning RC family....this thread may seem strangely familiar...THROWBACK RC

So I will continue with my intro.....

This thread is my happy place And the wonderful peeps here are my family...this is a bit different than a FAQ thread, but we have lots of info to collectively share to help plan, tweak, change, the perfect WDW trip!!!!

My all-time record is over 100 changes , so much so that I have caused the CRO computer to FREEZE completely (more than once)

It is an addiction, but a harmless one...and one that the fellow changers here welcome with open arms
f809de82.gif
TY Christine

My name is Jeanette and I am a Resort Changer, my DH thinks I am obsessed (I am) but he is relieved to know there are others like me, and he finally admits it isn't a bad problem to have.....cause it makes me happy.

For those of you new to the Resort Changers Not-so-secret Society.....

I hope you feel comfortable here...all are welcome, and you will make friends with the finest people around....

so grab some coffee (or diet coke if you please ) and enjoy your stay!!!!!:surfweb:

The RC thread is dedicated to junglecruiser in her loving memory, and to all our RC Angels:littleangel:
Hey there hi there ho there!

We are a family of 5, 2A, 3 kids, 13/7/6. Traveling in August for 17 days - first trip since the world lit on fire! Last trip was Christmas 2019 ❤️🎄🎅🏻🎄❤️ #simplertimes

Doing our first ever (multi)split stay, first ever Universal stay, and first ever Disney CL stay (DH and I have stayed club level many times at other hotels for business, but never as a family).

A little apprehensive about the split stays, but hoping that it works out logistically - there is a method to my madness 🤣

Stays
3 nights at Hardrock Hotel, deluxe 2Q (wanted express pass)
5 nights at Cabana Bay, family room (building in a little relaxation - drastically cutting costs for a portion of the vacation)
2 nights at Wilderness Lodge, deluxe room CL (our favorite resort - we are not DVC members, but it sure is home - staycation for this portion, not visiting parks)
—— my husband leaves the day we switch hotels from WL to BW — —
4 nights at Boardwalk Inn, standard room CL (planning on focusing on HS and Epcot)
—— DH returns late in the evening after we have switched to GF resort
4 nights at GF, outer building garden view (focusing on MK and the super fun splash pad - renting poolside patio seating the first 3 days)

Struggling with whether we should just check into GF after WL and just stay there for the duration instead of switching to the Boardwalk in the interim 🤔

Wildcards/Questions
- our littlest two are autistic, so curious if anyone has any experience to share about staying club level with autistic kids? Interested to hear about whether experiences were generally positive and understanding of special needs. My littles also have pretty limited (but not unusual) food preferences - can a mama get a string cheese in CL? They would live on strawberries, apples, and bananas - and mama can run on (n)espresso, so feeling hopeful!
- my husband will be leaving for a conference for the length of our stay at Boardwalk CL; is it reasonably easy to navigate the property with a giant stroller? Are there bathrooms in CL in case my littles need the toilet in a hurry? Ideally handicap accessible?

Thanks in advance, Everyone - I appreciate any feedback!

3 nights AKL
3 nights CR MKV

Step!! I literally just popped in since it's been awhile. ONCE A CHANGER ALWAYS A CHANGER
Remember Poly has some construction happening, I think CR too, but for the Poly it's all about the outdoor vibe sooooo. We stayed at CR this past December and loved it. But the Poly ahhhhhhhh. I am no help, but for summer, I do love that Poly vibe. You've probably ch-ch-changed back and forth right :)

Next trip for us is December for DDnow 16 (baby#4) when the HS plays at Disney and we scored WL! Looking fall trip of course.
I should have come in here to say when I changed my last stay, again, a week before my trip. Was AKL Savannah view, changed it to BWI CL and CR CL split. Wish I had not made it a split on that one, CR was better this trip, but oh well. As far as CR to Poly, they’re close enough that any ADRs won’t be an issue (to me). They’re both great resorts, I think the level of business is about equal, you just won’t have as close of a TPV at Poly as with CR.
Great point on the CR TPV also the Bay Lake area is very chill!!
Hey friend! Yes, change to Poly MKV! You are living my dream!

Girl, you know I'm always changing. We are finally settled for our next 2 trips. Alof of changing is just me being indecisive. Some changes were necessary for changing to AP discounts, etc. For September we started out with a split stay at AKL pool view &BWI CL but changed to YC CL. Then I changed to BC CL to take advantage of the AP discount. DD & SIL 25 are staying Saturday- Thursday with us so I thought., 1 Bedrrom villa at Kidanni. Booked it for our entire stay. Then did the math on 2 separate pool view rooms so that they don't have to sleep on a fold out couch & we can still have our separate spaces. So now we are at AKL pool view for our entire stay. I decided to spend the extra on them instead of my split stay CL wishes. lol

But good news on the October trip. DD 26 & DD 21 wanted to stay at AoA instead of the studio I had at Poly so I reluctantly changed it. There is very limited choices for that week so we lost everything I was holding out for. But last week I called & had a PIN that we applied to GDT CL. It was $1000 less than AoA so I changed. DD 21 said do it when she found out mimosas are involved. LOL
It is ALL about the mimosas, nice score!! A very wise change :)
Have I found my people?! I am excited this thread is getting some action and I was able to find it. At this point checking resort availability has become part of my morning and night time routines (and various afternoon checks).
We have a trip coming up in November split stay at POR and WL. We have already switched from BC to POR but waiting for any discounts to see if we can get a deal at BW or maybe AKL or Yacht. At this point who knows!! 🤪
Good luck with the deals!! Disney prices have gotten insane. A MK/Epcot resort split is the dream, but I really loved DS my past visit and the boat from POR is SO much better than the buses!!
Hey there hi there ho there!

We are a family of 5, 2A, 3 kids, 13/7/6. Traveling in August for 17 days - first trip since the world lit on fire! Last trip was Christmas 2019 ❤️🎄🎅🏻🎄❤️ #simplertimes

Doing our first ever (multi)split stay, first ever Universal stay, and first ever Disney CL stay (DH and I have stayed club level many times at other hotels for business, but never as a family).

A little apprehensive about the split stays, but hoping that it works out logistically - there is a method to my madness 🤣

Stays
3 nights at Hardrock Hotel, deluxe 2Q (wanted express pass)
5 nights at Cabana Bay, family room (building in a little relaxation - drastically cutting costs for a portion of the vacation)
2 nights at Wilderness Lodge, deluxe room CL (our favorite resort - we are not DVC members, but it sure is home - staycation for this portion, not visiting parks)
—— my husband leaves the day we switch hotels from WL to BW — —
4 nights at Boardwalk Inn, standard room CL (planning on focusing on HS and Epcot)
—— DH returns late in the evening after we have switched to GF resort
4 nights at GF, outer building garden view (focusing on MK and the super fun splash pad - renting poolside patio seating the first 3 days)

Struggling with whether we should just check into GF after WL and just stay there for the duration instead of switching to the Boardwalk in the interim 🤔

Wildcards/Questions
- our littlest two are autistic, so curious if anyone has any experience to share about staying club level with autistic kids? Interested to hear about whether experiences were generally positive and understanding of special needs. My littles also have pretty limited (but not unusual) food preferences - can a mama get a string cheese in CL? They would live on strawberries, apples, and bananas - and mama can run on (n)espresso, so feeling hopeful!
- my husband will be leaving for a conference for the length of our stay at Boardwalk CL; is it reasonably easy to navigate the property with a giant stroller? Are there bathrooms in CL in case my littles need the toilet in a hurry? Ideally handicap accessible?

Thanks in advance, Everyone - I appreciate any feedback!
So wow super split stay! My youngest is autistic (now 13), let me tell you. CL is his vibe! The extra space with a chance to chill and have a snack is invaluable. Also the CL staff is top notch with special needs IMO. Most of CL have a close bathroom in or near the lounge. I can't remember WLs is but BWI is right outside the lounge. String cheese I haven't seen but you can stock up in the lobby gift shop or amazon. Of course you could always ask! Bananas and apples are always out. My other thought is that's a lot of moving, how are your littles with that, mine not so good. I completely understand the cost consideration and the express pass is worth the room rate plus HRH rocks! Maybe a 5/5 WDW split instead of a 3 resort split? Again, you know your kiddos but it is a lot of moving rooms! Happy planning!

I can't remember WLs is but BWI is right outside the lounge.

WL is the same - there’s a restroom right next to the lounge on the hallway that leads to the CL rooms. 👍

Poly has some construction happening, I think CR too,

FWIW, CR’s construction is pretty much wrapped up, nothing guest facing anymore, no more construction equipment in the parking lots, etc. There’s a pool refurb coming Jan next year, but that’s it as far as announced work.

(Hi @pas130 :wave:)

WL is the same - there’s a restroom right next to the lounge on the hallway that leads to the CL rooms. 👍

FWIW, CR’s construction is pretty much wrapped up, nothing guest facing anymore, no more construction equipment in the parking lots, etc. There’s a pool refurb coming Jan next year, but that’s it as far as announced work.

(Hi @pas130 :wave:)
Hey there :)

Thank you! I had no recollection of WL's bathroom... we had an amazing CR CL stay in December. The Poly construction definitely seems like a bigger deal than the interior stuff at CR. Nice to see you!!!

I never reported my own changes!! Our April trip we did BC CL, and changed from BWI and POFQ and I think that was it. BC rocked! They took amazing care of us and the food was great.

For December I rebooked BC CL but changed to WL CL because DECEMBER

I need to book a Tonga suite one day but now construction......

I need to book a Tonga suite one day but now construction......
Finally have a singe night to knock it off the list :)

I’ll post pix on CL thread if interested. Oh at least the view is the marina and castle so there should not be much construction seen from the 1 bedroom location.

Every time this board gets traffic, I feel seen. Beginning with our first post-Covid trip, we have been doing split-stays. So now I get to switch multiple resorts for each trip. My spouse now insists that I not talk about where we’re staying since it will undoubtably change many times before we arrive. For our next trip, I’ve rented DVC points for the first half, so those are locked in. But the last half is still eminently switchable. Just waiting for AP discounts to hit, and then the madness will begin again!

Finally have a singe night to knock it off the list :)

I’ll post pix on CL thread if interested. Oh at least the view is the marina and castle so there should not be much construction seen from the 1 bedroom location.
Nice! I just saw in your signature! Also post all the pics!

Every time this board gets traffic, I feel seen. Beginning with our first post-Covid trip, we have been doing split-stays. So now I get to switch multiple resorts for each trip. My spouse now insists that I not talk about where we’re staying since it will undoubtably change many times before we arrive. For our next trip, I’ve rented DVC points for the first half, so those are locked in. But the last half is still eminently switchable. Just waiting for AP discounts to hit, and then the madness will begin again!
My hubs says the same thing! Like I will find out when we get there since I always change it anyway ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter