Ashley & Mike's SOG Wedding -06/25/09 - We're moving! And Randy pics are up!

Well my Disboard friend, I haven't been on much lately so I missed wishing you a happy wedding day but HAPPY LATE WEDDING DAY! Your sneak peak was so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved it!!!! I loved your colors and you were such a beautiful bride!!!! :goodvibes

Hello all! Me and DH are on are way home. I wasn't bummed until I saw the welcome to Georgia sign. Well anyways me and dh have been talking about a redo mini-moon to WDW in November but it all depends on where he gets orders to. It is still very much up in the air. He reallly wants Japan and I really want South Carolina because it's closer to home... And WDW! Well anyways I should be home by midnight tonight and I will be updating soon with some pics and some funny stories but to hold ya over i have to tell ya what just happpened!

So we just stopped at a gas station rest stop thing to fill up and get some snacks. So DH got a blizzard which is an ice cream shake thing from DAiry Queen. He comes outside eating it and then flips it upside down. So it all falls on his foot and I give him this look like ***? He than says that the guy inside flipped it and it was fine. I just laughed and told him he should get another one. So he goes in and tells the guy that his WIFE flipped it upside down. And the guy gives him a new one and tells him to tell your wife not to flip it this time. He comes to the car with his new ice cream and a grin on his face and tells me the story of what happened inside and then at the end he said I could get uses to this married thing... LOL! BTW DH says Hi!

OK chow for now!

Congrats!!!!:goodvibes I just watched your sneak peak--everything looked beautiful and I love your vows--so sweet. I haven't seen many pics of SOG before, it's beautiful.

you just made me pee myself ash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i just watched the sneak peek and i was crying omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's funny about the blizzard! I can't wait for you to get home and post some pics. I had a food tasting with Bonny today and I asked her if she was standing at the gazebo before your wedding because I thought I saw her on the webcam. She said yes and she thought it was funny that you called the morning of asking for a wheelchair.

hey girl, love the blizzard stoy lol! Glad you might get a mini-moon! Very cool!

Yeah Ashley where are you!? I was hoping to see pics before my wedding for some last minute ideas!

Sorry I haven't been on yet. I have been trying to get adjusted to home / military life and then we had 4th of July and we were invited to. A bunch of cookouts because everyone wanta to see the newlyweds! So I am at base right now waiting to get my military benefits straightened out but as soon as I geet home I will post some pics and maybe even start my TR. I am not working now cuz I moved to base and haven't found a job yet so I think I am going to have a lot of free time on my hands!

So I wanted to post a couple of pics from the wedding. As you all know everything didn't go quite as I had planned, but it was definetly memorable!

Ok So one of my old Disney roommates took these pics and sent them to me and I just wanted to make sure that I say that LIZ!!!! You Rock!!!! :banana::banana:

So here is a pic of the gazebo:

disney09146.jpg

I ended up not using the mickey pomanders basically because I didn't really have a chance to get stuff together because of my foot and I wasn't quite sure how to get them up so I just figured I would cut my losses but I am definetly gonna use them at the home reception.

Our sand ceremony which I had no idea was surrounded by a mickey shaped rose petal arrangement until yesterday when I was looking at pics... :rotfl2:!

disney09148.jpg

My dad walking me down the aisle and if you look close enough you can totally see my sneakers.....

disney09150.jpg

Me and DH: :love:

disney09151.jpg
disney09154.jpg
disney09159.jpg

Our Cake was freakin amazing! :
disney09170.jpg

Cocktail tables: It was only supposed to be mickey confetti and our favors??

disney09172.jpg

so thats all for now. I was trying to figure out what I was going to do tomorrow since i'm not working and DH is back to work so I decided that I am going to start our TR! Ok so that's all for now!

Aw Ashley! Everything looks so beautiful...even with your sneakers! Welcome to married life! How wonderful.

PS I love the cake. :eek: Gorgeous.

I'm glad you're getting adjusted to married life. What a difference between Japan and South Carolina. I hope to SC too!

I can't wait to read more. Trip report!

Oh Ashley! Everything looked amazing! I love the cake. I wish you the best with getting adjusted to military life. It's a complete different world isn't it? My adjustment was the opposite. After my dad retired it was a big adjustment to the civilian world! Can't wait for you to start your TR!!!:thumbsup2

Ashley!!! Congrats! Everything looked beautiful! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your cake!:goodvibes

Our colors are navy blue and pink with silver accents.

Our rings:

My ring is an aquamarine. I have always wanted this stone. I love how it's a pale blue and how the color really pops against the diamonds on my wedding band. DF's is Tungsten with a diamond in the middle and the funky design on the sides.

BR30400300_200zoom.jpg
AB03400700_160.jpg
051012401_MV_PD.jpg

I got my dress at David's Bridal.

Here is the stock photo:
9v9364_primary.jpg

Here are a couple of my pics:

p_00045.jpg
p_00041.jpg

I am also wearing the veil that is in the picture. Excuse my hair for being a hot mess! I wasn't planning on finding my dress that day! :laughing: and my tiara believe or not I got it from walmart. I don't have a pic of it but I have a pic of my wearing it as I was pretending to be princess of my home. But apparently in Ashley's home princesses still have to do dishes. :laughing:
MyPicture.jpg

BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES
We are having 1 MOH and 2 bridesmaid. Also we are having 2 Best Men and 2 groomsmen. I haven't found my sisters (MOH) dress.

THE BM's dresses are both going to be navy blue. Here is a pic:

s09_f13277_canary_2accpsdxmlcmp-col.jpg

HOPE TO ADD MORE TOMORROW!

What a wonderful dress and the rings are lovely as well as bridesmade dress. I might steal the idea of the bridesmade dress. I am between that or a hawiian dress. My tiara and earing have your color stone. I will read through some more. :3dglasses What a lovely story. Also that was a great picture of the back of the gazebo. I never walked out there and saw all taht open space with wood. So that is where they put the chairs. I think your decorations on the gazebo are awsome!! I think I will be looking through your thread for ideas! I am excited. Oh and congradulations on tying the knott!!

Oh How LOVELY :tink:I just watched your video and it is beautiful! Sorry about your fall but it did not change that you looked gorgous and happy!

Can you send me more inforamtion in my PJ about how you made those fans I think the are great!! I am thinking light blue or orchid purple for me.
How much did that cost you?

I just loved reading through your thread and am so HAPPY For you. Did you find out where you are going to be stationed yet?

Alright Ash, I know you're out there because I have seen you post on other PJ's.

I think it's about time for a TR!!!:goodvibes I need more info/pics before my big day!!!!:bride:

So, let's get started...

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful princess named Ashley....

(insert TR here)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter