Ashley & Umut Planning Journal WP/GF 06/06/09 UPDATE 06/23 PICTURES!!

arubio0801

It all started with a wish...
Hi everyone :wave2: :wave2:
So I decided to start a new PJ since our wedding date has changed and the old one went MIA.

How we met:
We met online on a dating website called "true". But our first date was at one of your favorite places. Starbucks yes I know how romantic right? hehe It wasn't love at first i must say.We are the type that ned to get to know each other first. But I did feel a connection at first a strong one. We had very much in common and talked for hours. And didn't go on another date intill about month later and from then on we've been with each other since.

The Proposal:
Well it was romantic of course like any other engagement. But it was unique and special to me. It all started as wanting to go to Walt Disney World for our year aniversary. So we planned and flew in August 1st. and he was all nervous and mumbling and talking to himself, so I kinda had an idea what was going on he wasn't smooth about it.We were super tired from the plan ride.We went and checked in at The Port Orlean's French quarter. It was awesome we really loved that resort.We decided to drop our stuff off and head off to the Magic Kingdom for lunch and alittle fun. We went to Tony's its close to the entrance, it was good out of the times that I've been to disney i have never been there. We walked out and it had just rained so it was HOT out. We walked over to the wishing well which is on the right side of the castle. Another place ive never been and he gave me a quarter and told me to close my eye's and make a wish and he said think hard so i did and I opened my eyes threw the quarter in and i didnt see him and when I looked down he was on one knee and said "You are the love of my life and i would love it if we spent the rest of our lives together will you marry me? And of course i said yes. And we had the best vacation after that!! And that's the start of the rest of our lives.

Where it all happened:
proposal.jpg

We called WD that next day we got back we and started planning!! We made our first PS August 23rd and I remember because it was my MOH birthday. :cool1:

here's a picture from the trip
meandumut-1.jpg

Our consulant Diane Mahoney-Brown was AMAZING!! She was Very helpful and also quick to answer emails and phone calls. She is still very helpful if i need any help!
Then we got to FINALLY sign our contract!! And with our orginal date as August 1st we thought we had plenty of time to do everything. Intill the sudden discover of my DF health problem. We already knew that he would need a kidney transplant one day but didn't think it would be in the next year, so because of that we have decided to move the wedding up to June 6th!! :scared1: :scared1: I thought just by a couple months no biggy wow was I wrong. We need to order new invites and send them out A.S.A.P. So That has all been taken care of this week :cool1: :cool1:

I thought id show a few of our favorite picture's from our engagement trip

okay this isn't a picture from our ET but i love it
umutandi-3.jpg

umutandi-10.jpg

umutandi-8.jpg

umutandi-9.jpg

So next will be our PS with our Planner :cool1: :cool1:

It's been soooo long since I've updated my PJ. I've been so busy with everything going on! So I left off with my PS it went great I don't have many pictures from the trip. So when we went to Disney it was me, DF, my mom and FMIL. We drove down well my mom did it was a little over 7 hours so it wasn't to bad We checked into our hotel we stayed at the All-Stars Sports, I havn't stayed there in years!! Well we decide to change and head down to the pool!! It was soo nice we couldn't give it up. After the pool and freshing up we went to dinner at Bongo's!! It's mine and DF favorite its a must every time we go.
Picture067.jpg

Picture068.jpg

Here's us at Bongo's the food was goood we really enjoyed it. So I have to share this story so my mom ordered a refill on her diet coke right nothing strange about that? And the water gave her a Rum and diet coke in a regular LARGE glass!!! Never said anything about it or anything and my mom said Ash taste this I think there's something in this well 1st I'm not old enough to drink not for another 15 days, 2nd I don't drink at all ever!! So when I picked up the glass I could smell it a mile away and when I took a sip and it burned all the way down and I knew it wasn't diet coke!! So now we have a joke with the four of us saying you want any of mom's special diet coke :rotfl2:
So I'll add more in alittle I need to take a break. Next up more wedding details and our trip this past weekend when we got our marriage license!!!!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

Okay back to the PS so after dinner we walked around DTD. We got there saturday and didn't have our PS till monday so sunday morning my sister and niece showed up at our hotel my niece is 4 and LOVES disney!! We went to MK that day and had AR at CRT for my DF birthday it was his birthday the thrusday before we left so my mom wanted to do something for him lol even though she really made the AR for her :lmao:
Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Picture100.jpg

Picture098.jpg

We had lots of fun the food was good I know all the bad reviews it has but we thought it was good and the raspberry sorbet was goood I have to say it's little over rated. So after that we went on some rides and headed back to the hotel to relax we were beat. When we go to the parks were there EVERYDAY for the rope drop!! So we were all tired and wanting to relax. FMIL decide she wanted to go in the pool and my mom and sister wanted to go to DTD and my niece well she was sleeping lol and me and DF were in the room with my niece. And I wanted to go to Epcot but with them gone and a sleeping baby that wasn't gunna work so we ended up going to DTD with everyone.And ate at Captin Jacks
Picture103.jpg

Picture105.jpg

It was a crazy in there it was packed!! I ended up sharing my dinner with my niece she didn't want what my sister ordered her :laughing: I don't remember what I ordered it was some kind of pasta :confused3. So it was MONDAY!! That meant it was PS day!! I don't have many pictures I was soo rapped up in it all to take pictures we all went and drove to GF for breakfast at the GF cafe it was nice I was soo excited all I had was half a grapefruit. Okay I looked though my pictures and all I have is pictures my niece took at table level of peoples heads and rose lol :rotfl: So after the planning session we were soooo full of all the GREAT food!! And we didn't do much for the rest of the day but we did go to EPCOT finally!!!! And me, DF,and FMIL went to morocco for dinner and I have to say I was very disappointed the food tasted like it was cooked in the morning and heated up in the microwave when we ordered it, but the dessert was GREAT we had baklava. So we walked out of an empty park it had been closed for atleast 20min. Then in the morning we were off back home :sad1:

Okay so now wedding details I ordered hankies for my mom,dad and FMIL
Picture180.jpg

Picture178.jpg

thank you!:thumbsup2
We finally sent out our invites we ordered them with my sister she has a side job with Carlson Crafts so we got a HUGE discount. Here's the final product
Picture174.jpg

Picture172.jpg

I ordered my dress!! It hasn't come in yet they said the last week of april so I don't have to much time!! :woohoo:
AshleysWeddingDress005.jpg

AshleysWeddingDress004.jpg

AshleysWeddingDress001.jpg

dress.jpg

it was the second shop I went to is a Maggie Sottero the lady at the shop brought it for size and at first I thought it was the most ugliest thing I've seen!! :lmao::rotfl2: And I ended up LOVING it once I put it on! :rotfl: So I bought right then in there!!

Your dress is gorgeous! I love it! I have to ask, is Umut Turkish? I met/talked/dated this Turkish guy named Umut! Also, was Peanut you nickname from your dad!? It was mine also! Everything looks great, I can't wait to read more!

Thank you!!!! I love it and it's so comfty I never wanna take it off lol :lmao: Yes he is turkish thats too funny Yes my dad has always called me peanut and I thought it was a nice touch and something he would never think of. I think its kinda funny when were out in public when he gets my attention he says peanut instead of my name and people look and think hes calling a 2 yr old :rotfl: We just have many things in common lol too funny Thanx hope you'll be reading more I'll update again tonight :)

Okay so I left off with going to get our Marriage license!!!! :cool1::cool1: We left thrusday afternoon it was so nice to finally leave!!! :dance3: We booked our hotel a few months in advanced and Disney was all booked!!!:scared1: I was sooo mad knowing that we'd end up in some other hotel! And that it was going to be packed!! So that's when we decided that we weren't even going to try to go to any of the parks :sad1: So we finally got to our hotel at 8:30 changed and went to DTD which we were staying at the Hilton right across the street and the hotel had buses so it wasn't bad. :) We ended up going to Rain forest cafe for dinner we didn't have ANY wait which was great cause we were hungry! I ordered a calamari and then mojo beef wrap and DF ordered salmon
Sorry I don't have any pictures we were to hungry! :rotfl: We walked around DTD and after dinner I told DF that I wanted to go to Goofy's to make pretzels! :woohoo: Now I do have pictures of those
DF had a mixture he had nuts,rpb,and butter fingers with chocolate on all of them:)
Picture111.jpg

I had chocolate and butterfingers on all three with chocolate and carmel on top :lovestruc
Picture112.jpg

They were sooo good I had one every night for dessert when we got back to the hotel :rolleyes1
So once everything started closing we went back to the hotel. We were waking up early to go get our marriage license :woohoo: :yay: :yay: Well we woke up around 8 and decided to just get juice and chocolate croissants so that we didn't waste any time. Well maybe we should of just sat and ate some where because we got there and there was only one person in front of us so we didn't wait long. We were there maybe five minutes, well since we were done so early we had an appointment with Brian at Flourish(Thank you Melissa :flower3:) Since we were done so early and tooo early for our appointment with flourish we decided to go to the outlets off of I-4 the one with the VS they had $3.99 undies!! So I bought enough to last me a life time :rotfl2: and they had a few bride stuff so I got some :goodvibes After staying in VS for over an hour we left and met with Brian. We were there for alittle over an hour or two. lol So after that we went to DTD for lunch of course we went to Earl Sandwich I got the Ham with swiss but got cheddar instead it was great oh and I also got the pasta salad and DF got the caprese he said it was GREAT!
waiting for food
Picture116.jpg

mine
Picture117.jpg

DF
Picture119.jpg

DF stuffing his face lol I guess he liked it
Picture118.jpg

I didn't even eat the whole thing I ate half of and DF said you wanna go get a banana spilt :scared1: I said why don't we walk around the BIG store and see after. He said okay fine so we did and.....................

We got the Banana split!!
Picture124.jpg

It was soo good and we ordered a diet coke and iced tea and they came in these huge glasses!!
Picture123.jpg

So after we ate the ice cream DF told me he was tired and wanted to take a nap. So we headed back to the hotel and well he slept I watched some t.v and dinner was starting to creep up on us so I decided to change and freshen up for dinner and get ready and not wake him up in till I was ready ;) So when I woke him up I told him come on lets go get dinner it was already 8 he slept for 3 hours! :scared1: We decided to got to Raglan Road for dinner it's a favorite of ours we go everytime we go. We got the ribs to start and i got the salmon and DF got the sheppard's pie and for dessert we got the triple chocolate thing all of it was sooo good!! I don't have a picture of the ribs :headache:
Picture125.jpg

Picture126.jpg

Picture127.jpg

So we walked around a well again and headed back to the hotel I was the tired on now :rotfl: and decided why don't we just have breakfast in bed tomorrow so we ordered it and it woke us up in the morning we were still in bed sleeping when they came :goodvibes we got the same thing
Picture132.jpg

Picture130.jpg

Picture131.jpg

It was okay I think it wasn't worth it and we got sick after too so :sad2: That day we just wanted to relax and hang out close by since I had my hair trial that day with Ana. I'll finish more later I'm sleepy lol :surfweb:
So next up my hair trial and Boma for dinner!!!

Hi!!! YAY your link works now haha.

You guys are adorable.

Your dress is so pretty, LOVE the head piece and veil!!

I had the ham and cheese at Earl of sandwich, one of my favs!!

Hi!!! YAY your link works now haha.

You guys are adorable.

Your dress is so pretty, LOVE the head piece and veil!!

I had the ham and cheese at Earl of sandwich, one of my favs!!

Yay it works now!! :lmao: Thank you he's more of alittle kid now that I bought him to Disney lol I love my dress its soo comfy and LIGHT!! I tried some on and almost fell down cause they're soo heavy! I just loved your dress! Oh we had never been to Earl of sandwich before and I saw it in you TR and told DF we have to go! Ham and cheese is my favorite sandwich so I couldn't pass it up :) I'll update soon but I have to try and finish my work first! :rotfl2: Or I'll be in some trouble with my BIL :laughing:

Yay it works now!! :lmao: Thank you he's more of alittle kid now that I bought him to Disney lol I love my dress its soo comfy and LIGHT!! I tried some on and almost fell down cause they're soo heavy! I just loved your dress! Oh we had never been to Earl of sandwich before and I saw it in you TR and told DF we have to go! Ham and cheese is my favorite sandwich so I couldn't pass it up :) I'll update soon but I have to try and finish my work first! :rotfl2: Or I'll be in some trouble with my BIL :laughing:

It does look very comfortable and light. Girl my dress was like 25 pounds, something like that.

HAHA that is so funny. Glad you liked earl of sandwich.

Hi Ashley!

We are getting married about a week apart! I'm getting married on June 15th at SBP! Btw, your dress looks beautiful on you!

Btw, I'm very jealous you were able to schedule a trip to get the marriage license. We're just doing ours online (crap, it's on my desk right now! Gotta send that off....)

I look forward to reading more about your plans!

Kim

It does look very comfortable and light. Girl my dress was like 25 pounds, something like that.

HAHA that is so funny. Glad you liked earl of sandwich.

It is very much I could cean my house in it :lmao: j.k I donno if I'd do all that 25 pounds!! :scared1: Oh my I think I'd fall down and be very tired my arms were hurting from just lifting them up when I tried them on :rotfl: Yes it was soo goood DF said its a new must when we go now. He said why didn't you take me here before?? :lmao: Oh are you trying Boma when you go in may? It's soo good I'll upload my pictures tonight on here its sooo good, you and tim have to try it. We really liked it when we went Well back to work DF is standing over me asking what are you doing? lol :upsidedow :flower3:

Hi Ashley!

We are getting married about a week apart! I'm getting married on June 15th at SBP! Btw, your dress looks beautiful on you!

Btw, I'm very jealous you were able to schedule a trip to get the marriage license. We're just doing ours online (crap, it's on my desk right now! Gotta send that off....)

I look forward to reading more about your plans!

Kim

Aww ya we are your geting married the day we leave :sad1: But we'll be there four days before the wedding so we'll be there from June 2-15th!!!! It's gunna be so much fun I'm soo excited :woohoo: Are you going early? Maybe we'll run into each other! :cutie: Thank you!! I love my dress like I said many many times its sooo comfty and light! I ordered it so early that I was having second thoughts and wanted to get another one for the reception. but Im not going to after all. I can't see to spend the extra money even though mine wasn't to bad. Aww don't be jealous it was soooo packed when we went that we didn't even go to the parks!:scared1: and they closed MK cause it was sooo packed two days in a row! But it was still nice to get away for alittle and enjoy the FL weather! Hope you check back later I'll be updating as soon as I get home from work! I'll go check out your PJ! popcorn:::surfweb:

Okay finally I'll update I've been waiting for pictures that ana sent me. Since I forgot to take them before she took it down so that my DF couldn't see and we were going to Boma that night so it was soo nice to have it done for dinner. But I can't get them to save on my computer its on adobe slide show so it won't save :confused3 but I have some with it down so I'll post those.
Picture139.jpg

Picture142.jpg

Picture135.jpg

I'll have to figure out how to save them :headache:
So Boma went great we decided to drive there instead of getting a bus at DTD well I thought we were gunna be late cause DF took a wrong turn but we made it there in time and then some so we walked around the hotel is AMAZING!! It's sooo pretty I took a few pictures
Picture146.jpg

Picture147.jpg

Picture148.jpg

We walked around outside too and saw the animals but the pictures I took didn't come out that good :confused3 So we walked around intill our ressie I made a late ressie because of my hair trial so when we finally made it down to Boma it was PACKED!! They were telling people without a ressie the wait was over an almost 2 hours!!!!! :scared1: I was like wow I hope we don't have to wait long and we didn't about 15min. So I'm glad I made it cause I know for sure DF would have NOT waited that long. So get to our table and I ordered this Sour Apple Freeze and it was sooo good! I thought it was gunna be like some icee
Picture153.jpg

as soon as she told us you can go get your food and I'll be back with the drinks we jumped up and went to try some food!
Picture154.jpg

Picture151.jpg

Picture152.jpg

Picture156.jpg

Picture158.jpg

there was this watermelon salad and it was different really different it was kinda sour you see DF face :rotfl: After alittle more food DF got some soup
Picture155.jpg

He said it was little spicy but good.
And then it was time for zebra domes!!!!They had upside down pineapple cheese cake and it was good and the banana bread pudding it was all soo good
Picture159.jpg

Picture160.jpg

DF had a plate of fruit but by the time I got back he ate it all :lmao: The zebra domes were soo good!! I had a bunch lol :goodvibes We walked out sooo full but I told him we had to go into the store they had a bunch of stuff from Kenya it was pretty cool. I'll update more with wedding details :flower3:

We booked our ressies and got all of them but CRT, which is fine since we've been there before for dinner and lunch.We wanted to try BF but oh well I guess well just have to try it another time. And we booked two tours the Keys to the Kingdom tour and Around the world segway tour!! :woohoo:
We don't have any ressies for when we get there before the wedding cause were not that sure if were gunna have time and I wanna be able to enjoy our time we'll be there. And were gunna be there from the 2nd-15th so I think that would give us plenty of time for anything we wanna do. So from the 2nd-7th we don't have anything planned!! Which kinda worries me :headache: I didn't wanna do anything especially the 7th its the day after the wedding and we have the MK and Epcot photo shoot.But the Epcot is a surprise for DF he wanted to do it sooo bad but didn't know you could do both it's his favorite park!

June 8th-
Keys to the Kingdom Tour at 8:30am
Tony's Town Square Lunch(it's a must its were we went for lunch right before we got engaged!! :cloud9:)
Crystal Palace Dinner one of my favs (first for dinner for DF )
June 9th-
Around the World Tour in Epcot at 8:30am
Le Chefs De France Lunch (A first for lunch been for dinner)
Jiko Dinner (A first for both)
June 10th-
Chef Mickeys Breakfast (A first for both)
Sci Fi Lunch(a fav for both)
50's PTC Dinner(a must for both)
June 11th-
Ohana's Dinner(a first for both) We're sooo excited!!
June 12th-
DF has a Surprise Dinner planned this night so I was told NOT to plan ANYTHING so I've been good and haven't done anything. I've been wondering were it's gunna be all he told me was I need to bring something nice to wear :)
And those are the only ones we have I didn't wanna go over board DF says he wants some days to go to the WP to get some sun and relax! :rotfl: Maybe we'll go rent one of those little boats again that was alot of fun intill I got soaked in the dirty water :headache:
So I went to the Dr the other day cause I wasn't feeling well and I thought it was my meds that I'm taking I recently found out that I have cysts on both my ovaries and I'm insulin resistant so I've been taking meds and on a no white food diet. So I went back cause I still wasn't feeling well I figured it was my meds of course. Well I got a different out come then I thought. I haven't been feeling well because of stress, anxiety, my meds, and the oh so wonderful caffeine! My body isn't used to the meds so it's stressing my body out and with the stress already it's causing me to have anxiety attacks! And with the caffeine it makes me hyper and when it wears off I have anxiety from it,So with all of it combined its making me VERY stressed sick bride! So I can't have ANY more caffeine. Sorry such a looong story I just had to share :sad2: That's why it took me sooo long to update. I'll have to update some more tomorrow! :flower3:

Hi Ashley, I just read through your PJ. You guys make a great couple! All your plans are coming together really nicely, and I can't wait to read more. Your big day is so soon, you are your DF must be so excited!

Oh and your makeup trial went amazing! You look like a movie star, although I bet Ana didn't need to use much makeup on you, you already look like you have flawless skin and features girl! You are so lucky!

And your plans for the wedding look great, I am excited to hear about your trip!

June 8th-
Keys to the Kingdom Tour at 8:30am
Tony's Town Square Lunch(it's a must its were we went for lunch right before we got engaged!! :cloud9:)
Crystal Palace Dinner one of my favs (first for dinner for DF )

Your plans look great! Looove the hair and makeup! That sour apple drink looks yummy! I need to go over and get one!

However I just wanted to point out what you have listed above. You do know that the Keys to the Kingdom tour will stop for a half hour lunch at the Columbia Harbour House at 11:30am and the tour itself wont end until sometime around 1:30ish depending on the guide right? I personally wouldn't want to eat at Tony's after a Keys Tour, it would be kind of a waste having had the yummy Harbour House food included on the Keys Tour already and I definitely wouldn't have room for Crystal Palace on the same day :scared1:
So I hope you typed that out wrong, or just really enjoy maxing out the food at WDW, which is ok too, it's yummy! lol

But we'll be there four days before the wedding so we'll be there from June 2-15th!!!! It's gunna be so much fun I'm soo excited Are you going early? Maybe we'll run into each other!
Ashley, it looks like we'll overlap a little bit! We're arriving late June 11th, but my girls are dying to go to Universal Studios, so we're going there for the first couple of days. We'll be at Disney on Sunday the 14th. Our family is staying until the 19th and then we'll be by ourselves for a couple of days at Disney before we leave on our honeymoon cruise out of Tampa. :love: I seriously cannot wait!

Your hair and makeup look gorgeous! You have such pretty skin! It's getting close isn't it?!?! :yay:

Kim

Your plans look great! Looove the hair and makeup! That sour apple drink looks yummy! I need to go over and get one!

However I just wanted to point out what you have listed above. You do know that the Keys to the Kingdom tour will stop for a half hour lunch at the Columbia Harbour House at 11:30am and the tour itself wont end until sometime around 1:30ish depending on the guide right? I personally wouldn't want to eat at Tony's after a Keys Tour, it would be kind of a waste having had the yummy Harbour House food included on the Keys Tour already and I definitely wouldn't have room for Crystal Palace on the same day :scared1:
So I hope you typed that out wrong, or just really enjoy maxing out the food at WDW, which is ok too, it's yummy! lol

There's lunch with the tour?????:scared1: No body told me anything about lunch!!! Omg thank you for telling me I would have never known :headache: I had no idea I even mentioned having lunch at tony's with the lady that booked our tour! :sad2: :confused3 I can't believe they didn't tell me that. Thank you again!! :flower3: Oh yes the sour apple drink is sooo good!! thank you again and hope you'll keep reading!! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter