At BCV right now (updated pics added)

How was the surf lessons? I have that booked for me and my DH in Sept. Any pictures?

They had a great time. It's very difficult to get up on that board. I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

Could it be that the cart has to drive in the grass? In the picture it looks like the sidewalk might be too narrow although I know pictures can be deceptive.

I'm glad you found the other jack, Olaf. I've never noticed the one you first used! At OKW, isn't the jack over near the end table? Maybe OKWers look there first.

Have fun and I hope it cools off a bit!:cool1:

I think the fee is something we need to bring up in the meetings or by everyone sending a email in support of free internet for dvc members.There is something wrong when you can stay in a fleebag cheap hotel for $29 or $39 dollars outside on 192 and get free internet but a room worth $350 dollars you have to pay.I think we need another perk:banana:

tiggerguy :thumbsup2

Bravo !

Well said !

:cool1:

They had a great time. It's very difficult to get up on that board. I'll post some pictures when I get home tonight.

Looking forward to hearing about this one. I signed my daughter up as a surprise when we go in Oct

Count me in on one who wants to hear and see pictures from the surfing lesson. I wish I did it this trip, guess I'll have to wait until next year.

I'm sorry I've taken so long in posting these pics. Been dealing with the coming-home mess. :sad2:

DH and DS had a great time in the surfing class. However, it was very difficult to get up on the board. Most of the children only managed a few seconds up once or twice. DH got up several times, but he's also a very good athlete. He was a nationally ranked fencer in his "youth" and has continued to stay in good shape. Two young women in the class did very well. One had surfed before and the other had had serious dance training.

You get 10-12 runs on the waves and that's it. They spent a lot of time getting people registered/waivered, about 30 minutes instructing, and about an hour and half actually in the pool.

One tip. If you have two people who are surfing, make sure they're not going together. It was hard to get pictures of both of them--it goes so fast. The Photopass guys were there and they took tons of pics, however, these are mine.

8759IMG_9031.jpg

Sunrise at Typhon Lagoon

8759IMG_9155.jpg

8759IMG_9216.jpg

8759IMG_9112.jpg

8759IMG_9204.jpg

8759IMG_9209.jpg

8759IMG_9158.jpg

8759IMG_9221.jpg

8759IMG_9147.jpg

Wow! Great pictures. What camera did you use? Looks like you have a good zoom lens.

Blakely

Does anyone have a link to info on the surfing program at TL (with costs and times, etc.).
Thanks,
DJ

Wow that looks great, awesome pics!! Your camera must be fantastic! I bet hubby was proud of himself after doing that lol. I doubt I could get up at all lol, although I did water skis with no problem the first time not too long ago while my buds all drank lake water trying to get up ahaha!! :lmao: Is it really expensive?? Maybe I'll stick to snorkling in the salt water tank with my little ones at TL next trip, we've never been there yet. ;)

Those are great pictures...Thanks for the tip about not going together. I would have never thought about that myself. I know my DH will get up with no problem. He is able to master almost anything but I'm not to sure about me. Surfing is something that I have always wanted to try. I can't wait, only 19 more days till we are at Disney:cool1:

Yes, DH was very proud of himself. He was determined to get up on that board.

I was using a Canon Rebel with a 70-200 mm L lens. I had it in Sport mode, but unfortunately, it tended to focus more on the waves than on the guys. It went so fast. I need to get better at using it.

The class cost $140 per person. A little pricey IMHO. Really annoyed that park admission wasn't included. It used to be, back a few years ago. Disney bean counters at it again. :rolleyes:

Here's the website for the folks who run the surf class.

www.ronjonsurfschool.com

DH is interested in vacationing next time at Coca Beach. We're a little "disneyed-out" at this stage.

Hi Olaf...My dh and Ds14 were at that same surfing class as you...:thumbsup2
My ds is tall with red hair..his name is Ryan and my Dh is Geoff.
They had a great time too...Do you have any pics,?

We stayed at BCV for one night August 29th and loved it...it is now my Dh;s favourite resort...:)

Your surfer photos are great, where were you that you were able to get such great photos.

I passed your photo of the lawn on to someone that has the authority to fix it and they said thanks, they will look into solutions to remedy it. :thumbsup2

Hi Olaf...My dh and Ds14 were at that same surfing class as you...:thumbsup2
My ds is tall with red hair..his name is Ryan and my Dh is Geoff.
They had a great time too...Do you have any pics,?

We stayed at BCV for one night August 29th and loved it...it is now my Dh;s favourite resort...:)

Oh darn, Tinker. No, I don't have any photos of your son or husband. If I'd known they were DISsers I'd have been snapping away. :guilty: Did the Photopass folks get some good pics? You're Brits, right? I remember everyone applauding when your DH got up. I can't believe your son is only 14? My word. What a big boy. If I remember right, he did really well.

BCV is our favorite too. I really wish we'd bought points there way back during the initial member offering. Dumb.

Your surfer photos are great, where were you that you were able to get such great photos.

I passed your photo of the lawn on to someone that has the authority to fix it and they said thanks, they will look into solutions to remedy it. :thumbsup2

Sammie, I was standing next to the Lifeguard stand on the right hand side. I had a great view.

Thanks for passing my photo on.

Hi again Olaf..:) ...We just got back today from our two week trip...After a nin hr flight we are exhausted and jet lagged....Can't believe its all over..:sad1:

We purchased our photo pass CD and got some really good ones of the surfing..:wizard: ...Yes DS is very tall...he was 15 on the 2nd so the surfing was a pressie..:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter