At WDW Now - Used GAD Fastpass for Epcot & DHS

triplejoy

Earning My Ears
Hello,

My family and I are at WDW now and we used the GAD fastpass for Epcot on Thursday and DHS yesterday. Here is the scoop.

Epcot - fastpass is good for 6 total fastpass exchanges, 3 from each group of attractions. The first group (Donald) is Test Track and Soarin', the second group (Daisy) is Mission Space, Living with the Land, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and Maelstrom. Again, you can use any combination up to 3 immediate fastpass entrances to each group. So, you can use all three entrances for Soarin' and none for Test Track, or 2 for Soarin and 1 for Test Track, or whatever combination you want. Same for the next group.

DHS - fastpass is good for six total fastpass exchanges here, too, three in each group. The first group is Tower of Terror, RNR Coaster, and TSM. The second group is Star Tours, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Lights, Motor, Action Stunt Show.

Am heading to Magic Kingdom today but will not use a fastpass. Will try and find out what attractions are used for the fastpass, though, and will post tomorrow afternoon. Have to run out now but will be happy to answer questions Sunday night about the ticket exchange experience/process or any other fastpass questions. In addition to the 2 fastpass days, we received credit for 3 volunteer days for our kids. Will talk about that later, too.

Rick/triplejoy

Wow that sounds great!!! At DHS could you use all your GAD fastpasses for TSM as well??? Where do you redeem the voucher and how early does guest relations oepn?

Thanks for the report!!!!!!!

yAY Thank you so much for posting. Did they give you one fast pass good for the six people, or did you each get your own fast pass?

Thanks for the report!! I'd love to hear how early or late in the day you got your FPs, where you went to get them (a guest services window outside the park?), and what the wait time was like. I'd also be curious to find out whether it seemed like the same window you went to for your GAD FPs would also be able to handle GAD voucher exchanges for entry tickets and non-GAD ticket upgrades for members of the same party. Thanks again.

Thanks for the information! So far it is pretty much exactly like the Birthday Fastpass as we know it so far...whether they will vary the number of not remains to be seen...

Time to start rewording the web page...

A few questions:
1 For GAD FPs earned by your kids - did you have to show a copy of their birth certificate (if so, was it a copy vs an official certified copy)?

2 I'm not familiar with the lingo - Did one GAD voucher get EACH member of your group a fast pass with 6 exchanges (3 from Donald, 3 from Daisy)?

Thanks!

Beth

A few questions:
1 For GAD FPs earned by your kids - did you have to show a copy of their birth certificate (if so, was it a copy vs an official certified copy)?

2 I'm not familiar with the lingo - Did one GAD voucher get EACH member of your group a fast pass with 6 exchanges (3 from Donald, 3 from Daisy)?

Not the one who is there now, but:

1) I'll defer to Cheshire Figment on this, but I've just noticed that the language in the FAQ no longer says (if it ever did) "certified", just "a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable." CF's sticky thread says certified though.

2) Only one voucher is necessary to get up to 6 exchange cards, one for each member of your group. Each card is good for 6 (or whatever amount if it varies) FPs.

So if my family of four each had a voucher we could basically get a fastpass good for six rides for each of us on four separate park days? Am I understanding this correctly?

So if my family of four each had a voucher we could basically get a fastpass good for six rides for each of us on four separate park days? Am I understanding this correctly?

Yes, although the six could actually be variable. For the Birthday program, it varied from 2-4 per group (that is, 4-8 total).

I feel like an Uber Goober. I just can't wrap my tired brain around this for some reason...

My DH and I signed up for GAD and will both be getting FP's. We will be taking our daughter with us, so a total of 3 people will be in our group.

We will be getting a total of 2 FP's which I planned to use at 2 different parks.
I'm just confused how many rides each person in our group can FP?
If we only use one GAD FP at MK, can each, DH, DD, and myself FP for 6 rides each?
Or do you only get to FP a total of 6 times per GAD pass?

OK...so you have two GAD vouchers, and three people in your group (assuming your daughter is old enough to have a ticket).

Each voucher can be turned in individually, at the same park or different parks on the same day or different days, doesn't matter.

So you can take just one voucher, and if you already have a valid multi-day ticket, you can opt for the Fastpass Exchange card option.

If you choose that option, you will receive THREE Fastpass Exchange cards (one for each member of your group).

The attractions are split into two groups, the Donald (a.k.a. the "E-ticket" or most popular) and the Daisy (everything else) groups.

Each card will get you X Fastpasses from the Donald group, and X Fastpasses from the Daisy group, for a total of 2X Fastpasses. X as of today at Epcot and DHS at least was 3, but it may vary. So each card gets a total of 6 Fastpasses.

In total (and assuming X is still 3), for turning in ONE GAD voucher, you would get a total of 18 Fastpasses for that day to divide between the three of you.

You have TWO vouchers, so you can repeat this on another day at the same or a different park.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Yesterday we went to the Magic Kingdom. Here are the rides for the fastpass at this park: a total of 3 fastpass tickets from each group is allowed.

Donald Group - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Daisy Group - Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philhar Magic, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

To answer a couple of earlier questions. Each park has a "Will Call" window or group of windows. You have to redeem your vouchers (whether for the fastpass or the free day) at the Will Call Window. If you want to redeem a voucher for a free day, you have to go to the Will Call window and get a one-day pass for the person and enter the park with that pass. Once inside the park, you can then upgrade/exchange the one-day free pass for a multiple day pass and you get a credit for the value of one day ($79 plus tax). We redeemed the vouchers for my three kids (all 17) and then exchanged them for 3-day passes. The vouchers for my wife and I were exchanged for daily fastpasses. We bought our 3-day park pass at the Guest Relations window the first day and then went to the Will Call window to exchange our volunteer voucher for a daily fastpass on the day we were using that fastpass..

The kids just needed to show official ID...and they each had their driver's license. With the fastpasses, you get one separate card for each person in your party (six max) per voucher exchanged.

I will be at home tonight and will update more on our trip and GAD voucher exchange experience.

Rick / triplejoy

Yesterday we went to the Magic Kingdom. Here are the rides for the fastpass at this park: a total of 3 fastpass tickets from each group is allowed.

Donald Group - Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan's Flight, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Daisy Group - Jungle Cruise, Mickey's Philhar Magic, Stitch's Great Escape, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

To answer a couple of earlier questions. Each park has a "Will Call" window or group of windows. You have to redeem your vouchers (whether for the fastpass or the free day) at the Will Call Window. If you want to redeem a voucher for a free day, you have to go to the Will Call window and get a one-day pass for the person and enter the park with that pass. Once inside the park, you can then upgrade/exchange the one-day free pass for a multiple day pass and you get a credit for the value of one day ($79 plus tax). We redeemed the vouchers for my three kids (all 17) and then exchanged them for 3-day passes. The vouchers for my wife and I were exchanged for daily fastpasses. We bought our 3-day park pass at the Guest Relations window the first day and then went to the Will Call window to exchange our volunteer voucher for a daily fastpass on the day we were using that fastpass..

The kids just needed to show official ID...and they each had their driver's license. With the fastpasses, you get one separate card for each person in your party (six max) per voucher exchanged.

I will be at home tonight and will update more on our trip and GAD voucher exchange experience.

Rick / triplejoy

What about Splash Mountain??? Last year this was part of the Donald group for the birthday FPs, was it on there as well?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter