At WDW Now - Used GAD Fastpass for Epcot & DHS

The same place you get your regular Fastpasses - the kiosks at each attraction. You just use the card in place of (or in addition to, if you want an extra FP) your ticket.

If you are unfamiliar with Fastpass in general and how it works, see the link in my signature.

Thanks for the info.... I was thinking it was the kiosks... but you never know ;). I am very familar with the FP system... but I have never used a birthday FP or any other special promotion FP. One last question. When you use your special card (vs your park ticket) is there a time to come back on the FP or is it an immediate FP?

Thanks for the info.... I was thinking it was the kiosks... but you never know ;). I am very familar with the FP system... but I have never used a birthday FP or any other special promotion FP. One last question. When you use your special card (vs your park ticket) is there a time to come back on the FP or is it an immediate FP?

The return time is immediate - that is, the return window starts with the current time.

Great thread! Thanks for sharing your experience. Just wondering if anyone knows what rides/attractions this applies to at AK?

We are going on a disney cruise and decided to spend one day before it at MK. We all did our GAD, so we all have a free day. We do not have any tickets yet.

Would you gp ahead and use the voucher for your one and only day there, or would you buy a multi-day no-expiring pass ahead of time on line, and then apply the voucher towards it for the $$ credit? We no doubt will be back sometime, but to think about us all getting a free day right now is tempting....

Which would be the better option?:confused3hmmmm

We are going on a disney cruise and decided to spend one day before it at MK. We all did our GAD, so we all have a free day. We do not have any tickets yet.

Would you gp ahead and use the voucher for your one and only day there, or would you buy a multi-day no-expiring pass ahead of time on line, and then apply the voucher towards it for the $$ credit? We no doubt will be back sometime, but to think about us all getting a free day right now is tempting....

Which would be the better option?:confused3hmmmm

This thread is about the Fastpass option, so your question is better asked in another thread.

However, you CANNOT get any credit towards a pass you have purchased before you redeem the GAD voucher. The only way to get credit for the day is to get the free ticket, use it, and then UPGRADE that pass to the ticket you want.

And be careful about getting non-expiring tickets. You must plan your trips appropriately such that you do not need to purchase additional days to finish a trip - otherwise you end up spending more.

We completed our GAD opportunity Sunday:banana:

Had a question about redeeming for FP"s; is there anyplace inside the parks to get them? One of the days I want to use it, we will be having breakfast at CRT at 8am for a day that MK opens at 9am; will we have to go back outside the park to get the fastpasses?

Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm a little confused. I understand that I can redeem my GAD for up to 6 fast passes, but what about the ticket upgrade. Can upgrade my whole parties tickets on one voucher or would each person have to have their own voucher?

Sorry if this has been asked already but I'm a little confused. I understand that I can redeem my GAD for up to 6 fast passes, but what about the ticket upgrade. Can upgrade my whole parties tickets on one voucher or would each person have to have their own voucher?

I'm not sure what you are asking. You get 1 free ticket with each individual GAD voucher. Then you can upgrade those free tickets to longer stay tickets if you want. I don't think you can use your GAD voucher to upgrade an existing ticket.

Hi Again, It's Miss Confused :confused:

I wanted to ask about once you redeem your tickets from will call and you choose a ride to FP how do you go about Fast Passing the actual ride? Do you go to the FP window thingie and they give you a FP ticket for that very min? or do you still have to wait for an available time?

Also what if you want to fast pass one ride 3 times, can you do that? Or are you limited to one FP per ride in the group?
Thanks so much! =)

Hi Again, It's Miss Confused :confused:

I wanted to ask about once you redeem your tickets from will call and you choose a ride to FP how do you go about Fast Passing the actual ride? Do you go to the FP window thingie and they give you a FP ticket for that very min? or do you still have to wait for an available time?

Also what if you want to fast pass one ride 3 times, can you do that? Or are you limited to one FP per ride in the group?
Thanks so much! =)

Is this with or without the GADGAD FP? :confused3

It's with using the GAD FP. =)

Using the GAD FP, you go up to a FP attraction and enter your special card into the machines. Then the machines will spit out FPs that will be valid immediately. So you insert your GAD FP card at 9:30AM, the FP return window for that ride would be 9:30AM-10:30AM.

Using the GAD FP, you can choose any combination of rides within each "group", and you are able to get between 2 and 4 rides from each group.

So for example at Epcot, Soarin and Test Track are in the "Donald" group and Maelstrom, HISTA, Living with the Land and Mission Space are in the "Daisy" group. It wouldn't make sense if you get 3 FPs from each group and not be able to repeat a ride for the Donald group. You can get all 3 Soarin, all 3 TT, 2 Soarin 1 TT or 2 TT 1 Soarin, as well as 3 of any combo from the "daisy" group. Any mix and match within the groups is fine.

I think that by reading doconeill's page I understand.
Incase I'm not the only one wondering here's what the page says...

"The FASTPASS Exchange Card takes the form of a card that would be inserted into the FASTPASS kiosk instead of your park ticket, and would give you a FASTPASS with a Return Window that starts immediately. These cards do not give an unlimited number of FASTPASSes, however, and they are only good at the park at which you received the card.
In general, you will get between 2 and 4 FASTPASSes per card from each group. The number can vary by park and day, but there is no known way to predict it. 3 seems to have been the most common number. If it is 3 on that day, what you get is three FASTPASSes for any combination of Donald rides, and three FASTPASSes in any combination of Daisy rides. You do not choose them in advance - you choose by putting the Exchange card into the kiosk of the ride you want."

Using the GAD FP, you go up to a FP attraction and enter your special card into the machines. Then the machines will spit out FPs that will be valid immediately. So you insert your GAD FP card at 9:30AM, the FP return window for that ride would be 9:30AM-10:30AM.

Using the GAD FP, you can choose any combination of rides within each "group", and you are able to get between 2 and 4 rides from each group.

So for example at Epcot, Soarin and Test Track are in the "Donald" group and Maelstrom, HISTA, Living with the Land and Mission Space are in the "Daisy" group. It wouldn't make sense if you get 3 FPs from each group and not be able to repeat a ride for the Donald group. You can get all 3 Soarin, all 3 TT, 2 Soarin 1 TT or 2 TT 1 Soarin, as well as 3 of any combo from the "daisy" group. Any mix and match within the groups is fine.

Thanks so much DLR!!! :worship:

I have a question too.
For each member of my group getting the GAD fastpass, do we each have to select the same rides? My 4 year old can't get on any of the moutain rides (too short), so can I pick Winnie the Pooh for him and myself, and DH can pick the big kid rides with my older boys?

So, I have a question. It will be just my husband and I getting fastpasses, but we have the option of getting four more (if we had four more people with us). Would they (the Disney gods) care if we just gave them to 4 strangers? IE...say hello nice lady would you like to come wait in line with me, and then you can get free GAD fastpasses for your family too? It just seems a waste to not get all six, but maybe awkward to offer it to some random person.

Is a passport ok for ID? We always travel with our kids passports, will that work or do I also have to bring along the birth certificate? Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter