Attention WDW YOMD Winners: When, where and what did you win

We finally won! whoo hoo!
We got dream fastpasses at AK while waiting to board the train over to Rafiki's planet watch. What a great start to the day (it was about 10-11 am, for those of you keeping track!) We didn't have to worry about running around the park all day gathering fastpasses.

It was our first win, after many many vistis to disney parks since the promotion began. So I was thrilled!

I'm not sure if this is where i should ask this ::sorry im a newbie!:: :confused3 lol. But i have been reading posts that say families are sending in Postcards i suppose for a better chance to win a dream or magic moment on their trip, or what is this?? I would love any information on it! I am going in September so i have plenty of time to start sending something in! Thanks!!!

You can send in postcards and then once a month they will pick so many "mail" winners of different dreams, people here have gotten a lot of lanyards and YOMD ears. Someone also won the DVC by mailing in postcards.

Thank You! But as far as the Postcards go, should i send them one from my home state (which is Kentucky) or how does that work? And what should i write on the card? We would love to win a dream or what?? Thanks so much!! I'm getting really excited! Maybe we'll have a chance even at a fastpass! Yay!

There is a thread on sending postcards. Also I think you can find the address on the Disney site somewhere. These are not for your trip though. They draw each month and send you the prize if you win. Big prizes are converted over to a cash amount. You would not win the castle suite by mail order. You have to list certain things on the postcard like name, addresses and birthdate. I can't remember it all.

Won Dream FPs getting off Space Mtn about 10:30am 4/4
FP for any ride for siting in the "official cheering section" for Spectro. A few dozen got one, lok for a Dream Teamer hanging out near the firestation before the parade and sit near him.

I won being able to stay in Epcot after it closed. It was very cool. The park closed but they had a dance party and all the future world rides stayed open. I had a blast.

My son and I also won this - but at the Magic Kingdom. The Dream Hour!!!

It was absolutely fantastic!!!

Wow...I'd like to know too about the Dream Hour...was it one hour alone in the park after it closed? Sounds great!

To all those winners. Does your whole party win together especially if its Dream Fastpasses?

We won FastPasses in Animal Kingdom in Dec. '06. I think that is what is being referred to here as "Dream Fastpasses". It was a har plastic card on a lanyard and it had a tab on it for each FP-eligible ride in AK. It was great!

We were getting off of the Safari pretty much right when the park opened (we got in right after opening and went there first).

I was with my two brothers and two of my kids, plus a friend of my brothers. We did each get one. I got the impression that they were handing them to each person they saw until they ran out of them.

From reading this thread it seems like the people giving out the prizes are always in a white vest? Is that true? We are going to WDW tomorrow for three days and I'd love to know what to look for!

No, we never did that. That would have been cool, Unfortunately, we were so caught up in everything that we were in a daze the whole time. The next day is when we started thinking of things that we should of asked for of the cast. Even today, I think of something new and kick myself for not asking.
What are some of the things you *did* do? and what do you wish you had asked for?

I'd love to hear all about it!

My hubby and I were entering Animal Kingdom a little after 2pm in December 2006. We are not early risers and always take our time when the parks are open later. As we were crossing the bridge to the Tree of Life, this glorious man and his wife approached us. They were leaving and had been given dream fast passes. They had only used the Dinosaur fast pass and wanted to pass them off to someone. My husband had no idea why I was so excited and thought I was absolutely crazy....but I wanted that man and his wife to know how they had made my day! When the hubby finally figured it out, he was ecstatic also! What a great surprise and it came from another guest!
It was really awesome! :cool1:

What are some of the things you *did* do? and what do you wish you had asked for?

I'd love to hear all about it!

We were able to ride any ride that we wanted without waiting in line. Our guide asked us what we wanted to do and then took us thru the exit part of the ride and we just hopped on. We had special V.I.P seating for SpectroMagic and Wishes. We ate whatever and whenever we wanted. I had a craving for cheesecake at 2 am and they brought it to me. We got a mini "keys to the kingdom" tour complete with a visit to the tunnels under Main Street. We even got to go on a little shopping spree since we didn't have clean clothes for the next day since we won the afternoon that we were supposed to have been leaving. All in all, we were treated like royalty. Anything we asked for, we got. The main thing I wish I would have asked for is to have gotten a chance to take some pictures of the kingdom at night with no guests. But I guess I really can't complain too much.

Reading all of these has me so excited to go on our trip!

It would be so awesome if my boys won something...but if not we will still have a fabulous time :D

We won YOAMD dream fastpasses with lanyards at the exit of Kilimanjaro Safari in Animal Kingdom in October 2006.

This was our very first trip to WDW, and I did study ahead of time and spend lots of time here, but I didn't have any particular strategy in mind for the rides or the parks, other than the basic fastpasses, etc. While in line for KS, the whole time this lady kept pushing her family ahead of others through the line, and once I heard her say "ooh, hurry, go over here to the left, we'll get on quicker", or something like that. I kept getting frustrated with her, but I just thought whatever, we'll all get on the ride. She got on one truck, and we got on the other. Our truck was the one chosen for the dream fastpasses as we exited the ride, and hers wasn't! I suppose it pays to be patient sometimes.

My kids all won pins as we were entering World Showcase in Epcot in February. The CM's had a game set up and my 9 year old son won. He was given a certificate as well as a pin and all the other children received pins. The very next day we were at an ice cream cart in Adventureland in MK and the CM there said that because we were the 1st customers of the day our order was on the house! It was great, there were 6 of us so it was about $30 worth of stuff! We didn't win anything big but we were thrilled to have won anything at all!

My DH and I won then MGM-Studios two Dream Fastpasses at The Hollywood Tower of Terror on Sept. 17 at approx. 10:30AM.

Then I was with my twin sister-in laws on the Kilimanjaro Safaris the next day Sept. 18, 2007 just before 10AM and got another group of Dream FPs.

We won Dream Fastpasses this past Wednesday (4/9) at Epcot at around 10:30 am in Innoventions East. Then we won them again Friday (4/11) in Animal Kingdom by the flamingo viewing area around 10:30 am. DH couldn't believe we won them twice in one trip, maybe next time we can get them in Magic Kingdom.

It was during our trip last November. We actually got singled out twice that trip. The first time was on our arrival day. We had gone over to the Animal Kingdom and were touring the Pangani Trail. There was a lull in foot traffic and I had asked a regularly dressed Cast Member to snap our picture. She said she would but we needed to move down the trail a bit. We did and there stood the Dream Team. They gave us Lanyards and snapped our picture.

The second time was two days later and we had just exited the It's a Small World Ride and were headed up the exit ramp when our whole boat was stopped and given Lanyards.

The concierge at our hotel said that if you wore special day buttons (birthday, anniversary, etc) you stood a better chance of getting singled out. It was our anniversary so we were set!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter