• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aug/Sept HHI -- ALMOST THERE! :)

gopherit

I'm not in the book, you know.
UPDATED: June and July have their thread going...I updated this post to let you Septemberian HHI folks join in (it might help keep this thread from getting lost!)

Ok, people, don't let my bananas dance alone... who else is going to HHI in August?

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

We will be in a 2Br from Aug 7-13th -- me, ds Evan (10), ds Ryan (9), and dd Caroline (5). DH will be there too... unless he chickens out and hides in a hurricane shelter for the duration.

C'Mon people... THINK SUMMER!

:banana: :sunny: :banana: :sunny: :banana: :sunny: :banana: :sunny: :banana:

Also -- thanks to Laurabearz and those June/July HHI folks, I have the following quicklink to provide you as you twiddle your thumbs til August...

JUNE/JULY HHI THREAD (See the folks you can hit up for info before you go!)

CLICK HERE FOR WORDS OF WISDOM ( and what NOT to miss!) FROM HHI EXPERTS!

Here's the count so far, up through Post #32:

Jul 31-Aug 5........dfamily 6 adults, 5 kids (6,4,1, and 16, 1)
Jul 31-Aug 6.........WolfpackFan 2 adults (one wants to golf -- anybody else?)
Jul 31-Aug 6........NJDVCmember Family of 5
Aug 7 - 11...........Juls 2 adults, DD10
Aug 7 - 12...........JerJen 4 adults, 6 gals (aged 9 mos to 13 yrs!)
Aug 7 - 13...........Gopherit 2 adults, 3 kids (ds10&9, and dd5)
Aug 7 - 14...........BWVDenise 2 adults, 3 kids (11,8,and 7)
Aug 14 - 19.........ChimChiminy
Aug 15 - 19.........TerriBelle 6 adults, 3 kids (dd12, ds7, ds7)
Aug 21 - 24.........tammydel 2 adults, ds8, dd7
Aug 28-Sep 1.......chrissybear family!
Aug 28-Sep 2.......deanna2426
Aug 28-Sep 2.......TW1 15th anniversary!
Aug 28-Sep 3.......klhTaking 3 kids: 7(g) 3(g) and 8 mos (b)
Aug 29 - Sep 2.....RealMickey/RealMickey'sGirl2 adults
Sep 9 - Sep 13.....gharrer 21st anniversary!
Sep 14-Sep 17......cruise-o-matic 17th anniversary!

I know there are some lurking August folks (Sept. too!) There MUST be, because I nearly didn't get a room for one of the nights of my stay! Who ARE all these late summer travelers (and WHY are you hiding?) :scratchin Don't be shy!

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

We'll be there July 31 - August 5; me, DH, DS (6), DD (4), DS (1), my mom and dad, my brother and his wife and 2 kids (16 and 1). This is our first visit to HHI so we're all very excited! Worried about the heat though. We couldn't get a GV so we opted for a 2 bedroom and a studio.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

We'll be there August 14 through the 19th, in a studio.

I can't wait. DH is gonna love it!

Kids can't wait to hit the beach and go fishin'!

And apparently ALL of us will have the entire resort to ourselves for each of our respective weeks! Cmon anybody -- surely there's an overlap SOMEWHERE?!?!

Dance, nanners, dance!
:banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I guess I'm alone for the last week in August!!! We'll be in a one-bedroom from 8/28-9/2!

We can't wait to hit the beach, the pool and all I hear HHI has to offer. DH is hoping to golf one day and we will try to fit in some fishing!

I hope others will be there when we are! It would be great to meet some of our DIS neighbors!

I am going the last week of Aug starting on the 28th. Anyone been there at the last week? This week starts the next season and is lower points. Will this make a differents on how I will like this resort. I just bought HH a few months ago so I hope I am not disapointed.

OOH, OOH, ME, ME, ME!!!!! Or I should say, US, US, US!!!! We will be there the same week! And we have 3 kids, too. 11 (birthday the day we arrive), 8, and 7. :banana: :banana: :banana:

My family will be there Aug. 28 thru Sept. 1. Then we are suprising the kids with a few days in WDW before the member cruise. I can't wait to experience HH, we were planning a whole week there until we found out about the member cruise, and we didn't want to miss out on it. At least we will get to try out the resort for a couple of days.

BWVDenise said:
OOH, OOH, ME, ME, ME!!!!! Or I should say, US, US, US!!!! We will be there the same week!

Exactly which week will that be? :confused3 We now have posts for every week in August, it seems, and quite a few for the last week into Labor Day...

(Oh please say it's mine, because our date is so lonely, according to this post! But if not, I'll understand... sniff sniff.... :guilty: )

In any case, I'll still dance!

:banana: :flower: :banana: :sunny: :banana: :flower: :banana:

gopherit said:
Exactly which week will that be? :confused3 We now have posts for every week in August, it seems, and quite a few for the last week into Labor Day...

(Oh please say it's mine, because our date is so lonely, according to this post! But if not, I'll understand... sniff sniff.... :guilty: )

In any case, I'll still dance!

:banana: :flower: :banana: :sunny: :banana: :flower: :banana:

YOUR week... OUR week! We arrive on the 7th and leave on the 14th. :cheer2:

OUR WEEK? Oh YAY! :cool1:

Hey BTW -- according to your signature, you're quite the HHI experts! What "stuff" have your kids done on past trips? What are the "must-dos" in their opinion? What can we expect, activity-wise in August, at HHI? Do you rent bikes, or bring them? Have you ever done the BBQ - is it any good? (Have I got questions for you OR WHAT?!?! Bet you're thinking about changing your week, now, huh! ;) )

Oh fill us in, please, HHI Guru! It is spitting snow outside right now... this winter weather will NOT quit and I only want to think sunny summer thoughts!!! :sunny: :smooth:

Hardly experts! But we have done the dolphin cruise, beach (with boogie boards of course), pool, shopping, kids night out (a must), nature walk, gyotaku, fishing off the pier, anything with B'Lou... we haven't done any bike riding yet (our youngest would have trouble keep up), but last time we brought razor scooters and the kids really enjoyed riding them around on the paths. We didn't do the BBQ either. The CMs are great and the kids have really gotten to know several of them. My kids LOVE going to HH as much as I do! :teeth:

We will be ther 8/7 through 8/12 and so will our frineds total of 4 adults and 6 girls from 9 months to 13 years old! Can't wait...our first trip our friends second trip.
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Hey JerJan -- you won't happen to have a 5 yr old girl anywhere in tow, will ya? (If not -- can we lend you one?) But seriously -- hoorah for our week (Aug 7-14), we have a few more DISers!
:banana: :cool2: :banana: :cool2: :banana: :cool2: :banana: :cool2: :banana: :cool2: :banana:

I have noticed some folks on the June/July thread that haven't posted here, yet are going in August... I've opened this thread up to Sept as well (since they don't have one... and because they might help us keep this thread up on the 1st page so other Aug/Sep folks don't "miss it"!) I'll post over on June/July to ask those folks to come on over to Aug, and also try to organize our 1st page of the thread like June/July so we can see at a glance who is coming where/when...

What would I do without those more HHI savvy June/July people now, I ask ya?!? :confused3

Yes, I have a five year old and my friend has a 6 year old....looks like the girls will have a NEW friend to play with!!! :jumping1:

How about an 8 yr. old girl? Have you got one of those in your "clan?"

Well, if JerJen doesn't come though for you, I have a 8 yr old ds who turns 9 on July 3rd... and several of the 8 yr old girls in his class think he's cool! :love:

I'm sure my boys will be interested in playing with your boys, but my dd will want a GIRL to play with since she already has 2 brothers! It sounds like there will be plenty of kids for them all to play with! I just hope Mike (the CM) is there or my ds(6)'s heart will be broken.

Count us in!
August 21 - 24 will be our first HH experience. We will be on our way home from Disney. Hoping this will be a nice way to relax.
Kids are DS 8 and DD 7. Also one DH looking for someone to golf with!

Tammy

tammydel --

I'll add you to the list at the "top o' the thread!" Finally someone for that week! ;) Hopefully you won't be alone there... I just KNOW there's more August and Sept folks lurking around out there....

I am stuck inside my house for the past week recovering from surgery, so while I can't get up and dance, you can bet your beach chair I'll at least be sitting here watchin my bananas go -- well, BaNaNaS! -- and thinking of warmer days ahead at HHI!

C'mon, bananas, get it goin'.....

:banana: :p :banana: :p :banana: :p :banana: :p :banana: :p :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter