August 16, 2011, Disney Dream - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone - just checking in.

Wow a second thread and we are still more than a year away. :rotfl:

This weekend is recital weekend and very busy for us. The girls have 4 shows and the family all works. It is great, fun, stressful, exciting, tiring, etc.

For all those going to Disney this summer - have a blast.

Janeanne

Janeanne,

Post some pictures of the recital when you get a chance!!

Hi Everyone!

It's been months and months since I've posted, but I found the new thread and had to pop in to say hello! I've still got two weeks to go before the school year ends, then I'm teaching summer school, but the two weeks off in between will be heavenly! Hopefully I'll be able to post more over the summer.

Melissa

Hi Melissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The race was really good! :thumbsup2 Here is a bit of the summary I posted on the WISH thread of the DIS...

We got to the race about 6:15 AM and I was stunned by all the runners (even though I knew it would be huge, I was still surprised). I was even more surprised when I saw that our area to line up was about 2 blocks back from the start line (this was based on the pace we were aiming for). The weather really was cooperating with us as it was a perfect temperature. There were points where it was really sunny and hot and other times where the skies were a bit cloudy and a slight breeze would come (loved this part). DH and I felt really good this morning and the first miles passed pretty quickly. We had planned on walking at mile 4...but didn't. We walked for a couple of moments to get drinks at mile 5 and then ran right away again. We planned on walking at mile 8...but didn't. Again, we walked for a minute or two to drink and have some jelly beans. At about mile 11 we caught up with Corinna (from the WISH / Team Ohana) and again, walked as we had drinks. Then we ran again. The end of the race is almost all uphill. There was one really steep hill where we power walked up part of it as our running was as slow as walking! I was so excited to see the flag for mile 13 and crossing the finish line was AMAZING!

Our time: 2 hours, 22 minutes and 30 seconds!
Our goal: 2 hours, 45 minutes (or more...we just were hoping for under 3 hours)

I am so proud of DH and totally proud of myself. I can't believe that we completed the race in such a great time!

On the way home, we were talking about registering for our next 1/2 marathon...we must be insane!

Alright, time to focus on completing my student report cards, but I just wanted to share how happy I was. Here is one of the photos:

P6070459-1.jpg

Jen,

CONGRATS, on the RACE!!!!!!!!!! I love the your picture!!!!!!!!

Thanks, again your THE BEST for making my end of school First Grade Celebration Of Learning Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No tests or exams?! Our older son has final exams all next week and our younger son is getting hammered this week with tests (next week will be the week where they aren't doing anything substantial!).

Harry,

When is their last day of school??

What are your plans for the summer??

Kristin - Looks like you are catching up on all the posts tonight! I need to do the same!

New Cruisers - Welcome aboard! I have had an incredibly busy and stressful week so I am sorry if I haven't gotten back to you yet. I promise to send out the information ASAP! :goodvibes

Hope everyone is surviving as the school year is wrapping up. I will be SO much better once it is over.

Have a great night everyone!
Jen

Kristin - Looks like you are catching up on all the posts tonight! I need to do the same!

New Cruisers - Welcome aboard! I have had an incredibly busy and stressful week so I am sorry if I haven't gotten back to you yet. I promise to send out the information ASAP! :goodvibes

Hope everyone is surviving as the school year is wrapping up. I will be SO much better once it is over.

Have a great night everyone!
Jen

Jen you and me both. I can't wait for school to get over. How was the party tonight??!!

Harry,

When is their last day of school??

What are your plans for the summer??

Last day is next Friday (June 18). Tim is swimming all summer.... Jake is involved in some summer soccer activities, plus he is attending a NASA science camp....so we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool or at local beaches this summer. One of Tim's meet's is out near Lancaster, PA so we'll be hitting Hershey Park for a few days.... It will be busy summer, but sadly no Disney visits. How 'bout you guys?

Last day is next Friday (June 18). Tim is swimming all summer.... Jake is involved in some summer soccer activities, plus he is attending a NASA science camp....so we'll be spending a lot of time in the pool or at local beaches this summer. One of Tim's meet's is out near Lancaster, PA so we'll be hitting Hershey Park for a few days.... It will be busy summer, but sadly no Disney visits. How 'bout you guys?

Sounds, like the boys will keep you busy this summer....

Disney for us for ten days then Vero Beach for seven days. Then the girls may go to gymnastics camp for a few days this summer. They are also taking private swim lessons in our pool with a couple of their friends. They did it last summer too and it was GREAT!! Hanna, will also continue with horseback riding lessons this summer. But other than that I want to relax and enjoy the pool!!!

He's only in 3rd grade so I don't think they really have "finals" they just test throughout the year. My daughter just finished her last test today, she's in middle school so they do have tests. The rest of this week is cake for her too, field day one day and then a diabetes walk the next. Next week they only have half days so they don't really do much but clean out their desks/lockers, ect.

MY Ds just finished up 3rd grade too! We had EOG's a few weeks ago. Do you all have those? this is his first year taking them. He passed, but I don't know how he did. They mail the results with the report cards!

Laurie,

How exciting to be staying @ BLT....Please, take some pictures....We leave for the World in 12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see pics! Have fun!

We are staying at our home resort this time. SSR-for ten days then VB for 7 days!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I was going to ask where you were staying too! Have fun! SSR is our home too, but we've only stayed there once. VB is nice.

If anyone is interested in this I thought it was cute. I'm going to print it on magnet paper and put it on my stateroom door after I run it.
castawaycay5k2.png

If anyone is interested in this I thought it was cute. I'm going to print it on magnet paper and put it on my stateroom door after I run it.
castawaycay5k2.png

Morning Terri -

Last time we cruised, I made ones similar to those (names on them and they said...YOU CAN DO IT) and put them on the doors of everyone who said they were going to run the 5K.

I still want to make our group something for running - I will probably figure out something with our cruise name and graphic.

I hope that we get a good group for running. :thumbsup2

Hello Everyone!

Well, the school year is over and my classroom is all packed and in my basement again. I am officially unemployed again this summer and hope that I can find some sort of job before the start of the school year. Teaching jobs in Minnesota are not so easy to find and this just might be the final push DH and I need to make the big move to FL!

Now that I am done, I am planning on fixing up the website (it all seems so out of date) and being on here a lot more so that we can get our thread moving again! It is amazing to me that it will not be long before we are under the 1 year mark!!!! 428 days to go from today!!!!

The kids have 2 dance recitals today so we will be gone most of the day. I am fine with being inside all day as it looks very cloudy right now and not that nice outside.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Jen

Hello Everyone!

Well, the school year is over and my classroom is all packed and in my basement again. I am officially unemployed again this summer and hope that I can find some sort of job before the start of the school year. Teaching jobs in Minnesota are not so easy to find and this just might be the final push DH and I need to make the big move to FL!

Now that I am done, I am planning on fixing up the website (it all seems so out of date) and being on here a lot more so that we can get our thread moving again! It is amazing to me that it will not be long before we are under the 1 year mark!!!! 428 days to go from today!!!!

The kids have 2 dance recitals today so we will be gone most of the day. I am fine with being inside all day as it looks very cloudy right now and not that nice outside.

Happy Sunday everyone!
Jen

Hey Jen,

I bet your glad this school year is behind you??

Have FUN at the recitals....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter