August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger, I feel your pain! :grouphug: Scott H posted his experience trying unsuccessfully to use his points back on page 174. My understanding is that you can't apply your points to an existing reservation; you have to make a new one, and at this point it looks like there's no availability on the ship. Maybe at the 60-day mark when payment is due, rooms may become available, and you might be able to use your points then. I believe you can apply points and pay the rest in cash. I wouldn't cancel your other sailing in hopes of paying down this one.

Thanks DenverVal, I looked at about 15 pages of back post, just did go back far enough. Dog gone it.

No, I won't rent them, we'll use them. You never know when the desire to ride a Magic Carpet will hit me.

:umbrella:

Really glad we aren't DVC members. Seems like a lot of scrambling and fussing without getting a whole lot in return.
Yes it is raining again! And once again we are to get 1 to 3 inches today. We did need the water but the ground is still soaked from the 5 inches on Monday and all this today is just going to run off.
All the gerbil fight to our REAS please. LOL at the picture. Missed the one that the Webmaster said was in appropriate. I agree with Jason the toes were pretty much worse that a bare you know what.

DH has spent the day yesterday and today under our kitchen sink. Major leak, yech!!! So we have no water in the kitchen. At least for a few more hours.
DD needs computer so I'm outa here until tomorrow. Estelle

:earsgirl::earsboy:

Hello all--

I went ahead and set up a forum for "The Ship of Fools." Anyone can begin to work on the index as they want. Just create a new thread with a particular subject (i.e., Pre-Cruise Hotel Info) and then list page numbers of that info on the DIS thread, links to the info on the thread, or copy and past the actual info onto the thread. (Or, do any combination of the above.)

New forums can be created under the "Ship of Fools" category by e-mailing me <a href="mailto:Jason@ThreeCircles.net?subject=Ship of Fools Forum Suggestion">here</a>.

As several options for the index were brought forth, it this proves not to work we'll just move on to other ideas/suggestions.

Originally posted by "Ginger"
Hi I see the points chart for this cruise is up. Anyone else changing their ressies to points?

Yeah i see that...I may use the points though to pay for the kids...I have to see...I only wish they will come out with the points for the CA hotels for next year!!! :mad: :rolleyes:

This DVC thing sounds alot like Weight Watchers...
Never enough damn points!!! ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

Grumbo,

I was just going to ask someone to explain the advantages, if any, of DVC membership.

Your reply gave me all the info I needed!!!:p

We thought about joining DVC a while back but at the age that we are we didn't think we would live long enough to recoup our investment!

Paul

We had actually seriously looked at it but we like to travel alot and to tie ourselves down to Disney (although we do go alot) just didn't fit into our plans. (I know you can trade out but no guarantees and alot of hassles. I own RCI now and can attest to that how hard it is to get what you really want.)
I think it is a good plan and especially if you've got younger kids (and have U.S. money :) ) but for us being this close to retirement I just couldn't justify it to myself.

Now if I won the lottery, or inherited cash from someone I'd look at it again but til that time comes we'll muddle through this way.

Cheers,
Grumbo

Originally posted by Grumbo
This DVC thing sounds alot like Weight Watchers...
Never enough damn points!!! ;)

Cheers,
Grumbo

How True! How True!

I like that analogy!

Scratch
pirate:

To those who found my picture of ivanover's manager at the gym offensive, I'm truly sorry!! I just don't know where my head is at sometimes ;) ...Mark

p.s.- izzinmac is correct, I do blame Sandy. She already tells me I blame her whenever I mess up.

I heard the song "Everybody Have Fun Tonight" by Wang Chung today. In the song it says "A ship of fools sailing on..." I thought of all of you guys!

The word we got from DVC was on Sept 20 we can book for the cruise. As for recooping our cost we've already goten our moneys worth. Sometimes it can be a pain, but it has saved us a lot of money as well. :hyper:

Originally posted by paulcrsb
We thought about joining DVC a while back but at the age that we are we didn't think we would live long enogh to recoup our investment!

Paul

You age a lot just being put on HOLD.

Glad we sold ours and don't have to play that game anymore!

Rae

Originally posted by mark & sandra
I just don't know where my head is at sometimes ;) ...Mark

OH, OH, OH.........

I can't say anything!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The Devil Made You Do It!

Scratch
pirate:

BTW, I thought of all of you when Madonna sang HOLIDAY!

What a concert! Two Thumbs Up!

But I think the Wang Chung Song Fits us Better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter