August 2014 Car Rental Deal Watch!

yes, Budget. The same rental at carrentalsavers is $203 taxes included, limited to 1000 miles. take Your pick

carrentalsavers.com

24 days July 29-Aug 22

Luxury Car (Cadilac ATS or Similar) $970.49
with Enterprise (almost the same price as an economy)

I am hoping for $15/ day with Priceline as we get closer to the date, that would be less than $600

I'll keep checking around.

yes, Budget. The same rental at carrentalsavers is $203 taxes included, limited to 1000 miles. take Your pick

Mike, where on carrentalsavers is this offer? I'm an idiot when it comes to that site.

Thanks in advance.

Mike, where on carrentalsavers is this offer? I'm an idiot when it comes to that site.

Thanks in advance.

You dont need any offers. At the home page, simply plug your dates and times in the 'Smart Book' window, and then out comes a whole menu of rental companies and rates.

Ok folks, normally I would not be looking this early, but I was bored today. For grins and giggles, I got on the Costco website and found a sweet deal on a minivan. Aug 16 - Aug 23, $224 including all taxes. Yup, that's not a typo.

You can get a similar deal through carrentalsavers. However, the minivan at carrentalsavers is limited to 1000 miles a week, which probably doesnt make any difference.

Go get em while still available.

Forgot to mention this is for pickup and dropoff at MCO

Great deal as Aug 22-30 8 days is $444.34 now

You dont need any offers. At the home page, simply plug your dates and times in the 'Smart Book' window, and then out comes a whole menu of rental companies and rates.

Thank you sir.

The KLM rate for my August dates has gone way up since I locked in a few months back (midsize SUV).....from $500 to nearly $700 :scared: . Glad I locked in when I did.

I just compared it with the carrentalsavers prices, and they aren't comparable to the National price w/the KLM code either (over $800 for an SUV or van for my 15 day rental).

Alamo is still nuts, but I'm betting we will see some good prices out of them in about 3-4 months time.

National with KLM is $412 for minivan for 8 days in early August.

Carrentalsavers is $433.

Guess, I'll have to keep hunting. Hoping to get down to $300 by the time we need to travel.

Can someone tell me if the code (8572130) which was on a previous post for National Car is eligible for anyone to use? Thanks for any help. Also if anyone knows of other codes and contract ID's that would help, I would greatly appreciate it. We are going from April 17th to April 25th to Disney World.

Can someone tell me if the code (8572130) which was on a previous post for National Car is eligible for anyone to use? Thanks for any help. Also if anyone knows of other codes and contract ID's that would help, I would greatly appreciate it. We are going from April 17th to April 25th to Disney World.

You can use the National code listed above if you sign up for the KLM Flying Blue program (which is free to do....but you need to sign up on line and have a membership number in the event that your eligibility for the code is questioned).

You should check out the April car rental thread for more discounts for your travel period. The offers that apply for August dates may not necessarily apply for April.

Wanted to add a day to our existing Alamo reservation for August and the price went way up. So.... we searched using a BJ's Travel coupon again and this time National had a better deal so we switched. We now have a mid-size SUV for 9 days for $309 total from the car care center.

Hi all...if you have access to chase ultimate rewards via one of their credit cards (sapphire, ink bold, etc.), you can book either with points or money via their travel portal. We just booked a minivan for a week in August for $272, all in. IIRC, it was with National, but we could have picked Alamo or Enterprise also. Rate was good for MCO or TPA.

The Sapphire Portal is often a good rate and is the same price as PP listed above. I have booked previously like this but always ended up cancelling (must do at least 2 days before rental) because I found a similar rate. The draw back unless something has changed is that you can't add a "frequent" renter's account number in order to bypass the counter. Of course if the rate is a savings of $100 or more it may be worth the time in line. :)

Wanted to add a day to our existing Alamo reservation for August and the price went way up. So.... we searched using a BJ's Travel coupon again and this time National had a better deal so we switched. We now have a mid-size SUV for 9 days for $309 total from the car care center.

That is a great rate.

Do you mind sharing the code?

That is a great rate.

Do you mind sharing the code?

I don't remember the code but you'll find it on the BJ's Travel Website under car rentals. National has a $30 off coupon and then an extra 25% savings for BJ's Wholesale Club members. There'll be a link you click on to check out the savings. I just want to note that we've been BJ's members for years and have always booked using their codes thru Alamo and have never once been asked to show our membership card or a coupon code for that matter, but there's always a chance they could. This will be our first time thru National and I plan to bring a copy of the code along with my card, just in case.

Our dates are Aug 16-28 (with a cruise mixed in there). Hertz for an intermediate was cheapest at $470 with pick up/ drop off at MCO. National was $700+. There was no real savings returning the car at Port Canaveral and then having to rent another one. So I will pay to park my rental at the port for our 4 day cruise.

Never used Hertz before. I am not a fan of their phone Customer Support. I did call to ask about canceling the reservation (just in case I found another cheaper price) and the woman referred me to the website. Really? That's where I was looking and could not find info about pay now vs pay later canceling questions.

Now to keep watch over prices so I can save some $.

Never used Hertz before. I am not a fan of their phone Customer Support. I did call to ask about canceling the reservation (just in case I found another cheaper price) and the woman referred me to the website. Really? That's where I was looking and could not find info about pay now vs pay later canceling questions.

Pretty easy to find their policy on Pay now cancelling -- you are out at least $50 if you do cancel the pay now rate...could be more.

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productservice/index.jsp?targetPage=prepaid.jsp

Looking for a midsize for August 7th-16th. So far the best I can find is $349 at Dollar. Last year I paid way less, so I'm hoping something better is out there.

I signed up for the KLM Flying Blue program to see if I can find a better deal. Earlier in the thread I saw people are using the code 8572130. Where do you put this? I tried several spots, but it gives the same rate as without the code?

I signed up for the KLM Flying Blue program to see if I can find a better deal. Earlier in the thread I saw people are using the code 8572130. Where do you put this? I tried several spots, but it gives the same rate as without the code?

That would be at National, not Dollar

The family and I are going down yet again this August from the 16th to the 30th.

I scored an amazing price last year about two months out, maybe 2 1/2 months, using a coupon code and alamo insider. I'l definitely be watching this thread closely yet again this year, that's for sure!

So far Costco and direct from Alamo has not been good... we pick up and drop off at MCO (Orlando Airport). I tend to like Alamo for one because their prices usually drop low for a week or two and you can get a great rate and they have a great selection to choose from in whatever class you book and you just walk down the row and choose one you like. Model, color, etc.

The family and I are going down yet again this August from the 16th to the 30th.

I scored an amazing price last year about two months out, maybe 2 1/2 months, using a coupon code and alamo insider. I'l definitely be watching this thread closely yet again this year, that's for sure!

So far Costco and direct from Alamo has not been good... we pick up and drop off at MCO (Orlando Airport). I tend to like Alamo for one because their prices usually drop low for a week or two and you can get a great rate and they have a great selection to choose from in whatever class you book and you just walk down the row and choose one you like. Model, color, etc.

2 month window is when it will drop for a week or two from what I have seen also. I think we will all sit here and wait patiently :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter