August 2016 Car Rental Rate watch

Barring a miracle drop today looks like I'll be going with what I got a couple months ago. 1 more sleep!

Barring a miracle drop today looks like I'll be going with what I got a couple months ago. 1 more sleep!
Yes, I've already checked a couple of times today. :teeth: I'll check one more time before I do the online check in later today. If my flight wasn't at 5:50 tomorrow morning I'd probably check again. :teeth:

Checked again just now and was down to 328 for a full size with Alamo. August 16-31. Down over $120 from my original booking!

Checked again just now and was down to 328 for a full size with Alamo. August 16-31. Down over $120 from my original booking!

GREAT DEAL !!!! :thumbsup2 I am hoping to catch a drop like that. Just by checking out of the blue it can happen within a booking window. I leave on Friday....8/12 - 8/27!! Our trip is is similar at 15 - 16 days. I would LOVE to have a fullsize for $328 with Alamo. I have a midsize at that price $326 :laughing:

Well I just jumped on a $384 deal for full size.....about $60 MORE than my midsize reservation. If prices dont drop I can decide between now and thursday as to which one I will keep. We will see. But the full size prices were over $400 before......so it did get a little better. :rotfl:

Alamo is now $476 for a standard/full size for 2 weeks 3 hours. I guess I'm happy with my $405, but I thought for sure it would go down. We are picking up tomorrow at 1:30, so time's almost up. :D

Alamo is now $476 for a standard/full size for 2 weeks 3 hours. I guess I'm happy with my $405, but I thought for sure it would go down. We are picking up tomorrow at 1:30, so time's almost up. :D
I'll be getting there a few hours after you! :yay: Rates have gone up about $30 more for me today ($60 more than what I have).

So if I'm landing at MCO at 4:30 tomorrow is there any problem with waiting until tomorrow morning to check in with Alamo?

What is the AS1 code?

I check rates several times a day...o_O Was able to book a full size, August 16-31 for 366 today. Checked about half hour later and it was 389. Still high...bit a lot less than what I started with!

That AS1 code is apparently from outside of the country but most say they will accept it.

Back down to the low we had a few months ago this morning using the Costco code. Dates are 8/18-8/27

Our rental with Alamo is down to $160 for a full size 8/24-8/31 using the BJ's discount. Last year we paid $125 for the same dates so hopefully it will come down more. At this point I check daily.

Our rental with Alamo is down to $160 for a full size 8/24-8/31 using the BJ's discount. Last year we paid $125 for the same dates so hopefully it will come down more. At this point I check daily.

I have a BJs membership also.....can you share your discount codes used or did you book thru BJs website?

Using BJ's code 7014696 and $25 coupon AD3868JST I am at $147.74 all in for a full size 8/28 - 9/2 (5 days, 2 hours). Adding the AS1 product code drops it to $145.98. Before today AS1 was saving me over $100 but for $1.76 it isn't worth the potential hassle if the code is questioned.

EDITED TO CORRECT BJ'S CODE

Last edited:
The code for BJ's is 7014696 with the coupon Finbar127 posted I believe 7014627 is a Costco code. I go through Alamo I found the BJ's website gave me a higher rate.

Using BJ's code 7014627 and $25 coupon AD3868JST I am at $147.74 all in for a full size 8/28 - 9/2 (5 days, 2 hours). Adding the AS1 product code drops it to $145.98. Before today AS1 was saving me over $100 but for $1.76 it isn't worth the potential hassle if the code is questioned.

I have never had ANY luck with the AS1 code. But I agree, it's not worth the hassle just to save $1.76 !!!!

I just tried the AS1 code while doing my daily rate checks, and it keeps coming up with an error saying "enter a valid product code." Anyone else having issues?

Thanks for the BJs info - I was so excited that my Alamo rental had gone down to $209. today for full size 8/21-28. Put in the BJs code (I am a member and have a card) and the rate went down to $145.!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter